Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th, 2014 (PNP) March 23, 2015 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
December 15th, 2015
Nomination.....
March 9th, 2015(PNP)
AOR Received.
July 10th, 2014(PNP)-June 4th, 2015(XEP)-July 2nd, 2015(EP)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Nov 25th, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 14th, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Feb 29th, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 14th, 2016
LANDED..........
Mar 19th, 2016
CanadaPC said:
Hi Lembang
if you are EE ELIDGIBLE, YOU CAN APPLY FOR IT! Did you receive addendum?

I think without filling out the ADDENDUM you cannot be considered under the EE stream, even if you fill out EE under MY CIC ACCOUNT.
Good luck!
Hmm, it will be faster? but how about that point.
The new express entry system for me a lil bit odd. We not even know if we are in the pool or not right?

Yes I received addendum form. Just never fill them in.

nessjo

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
25-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
CanadaPC said:
" I have a job offer from my employer that meets PNP requirements. Does it qualify as a job offer under CIC's Express Entry system? NEW
• The requirements for a job offer under the PNP are different from the requirements for a valid job offer under CIC's Express Entry system. One of the key differences is that a job offer under the PNP does not need to be supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) whereas a valid job offer under Express Entry must be supported by a LMIA.
•Please visit the PNP website for more information on PNP job offer requirements." , source: http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Express-Entry-British-Columbia/EEBC-FAQs.aspx

Does this mean that people without LMIA, with nomination from the old stream cannot even apply for the Permanent residency under Express Entry? Because it clearly states there that LMIA is a must for EE, but doesnt say for the PR residency too under the EE stream...

Anybody know more information about this?

Tnx :)
To be eligible for PNP under EE, you also have to be eligible for one of the federal streams and they all have different criteria. For CEC, you don't need an LMIA but you have to have worked in Canada for one year. You can find more info about the various federal streams here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

Hope this helps!

Slamdunk

Mar 2, 2015
CanadaPC said:
" I have a job offer from my employer that meets PNP requirements. Does it qualify as a job offer under CIC's Express Entry system? NEW
• The requirements for a job offer under the PNP are different from the requirements for a valid job offer under CIC's Express Entry system. One of the key differences is that a job offer under the PNP does not need to be supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) whereas a valid job offer under Express Entry must be supported by a LMIA.
•Please visit the PNP website for more information on PNP job offer requirements." , source:
Does this mean that people without LMIA, with nomination from the old stream cannot even apply for the Permanent residency under Express Entry? Because it clearly states there that LMIA is a must for EE, but doesnt say for the PR residency too under the EE stream...

Anybody know more information about this?

Tnx :)
I qualified for BC PNP under International post graduate. I am working with my PGWP, have less than 1 Canadian experience, no LMIA but still qualified under FSW after using Come to Canada tool. I studied 2 year full-time in Canada though. Apparently, you do not even need LMIA for FSW

CanadaPC

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/05/2015
Doc's Request.
18/01/2016
Nomination.....
24/03/2015
AOR Received.
17/08/2015
IELTS Request
12/02/2015
Med's Request
Waiting
Slamdunk said:
I qualified for BC PNP under International post graduate. I am working with my PGWP, have less than 1 Canadian experience, no LMIA but still qualified under FSW after using Come to Canada tool. I studied 2 year full-time in Canada though. Apparently, you do not even need LMIA for FSW
Hi there
That's what it says on the PNP website under EE. Then why did they write that on their website?

Slamdunk

Mar 2, 2015
CanadaPC said:
Hi there
That's what it says on the PNP website under EE. Then why did they write that on their website?
1.For EE, you do NOT absolutely need LMIA for FSW or CEC. For FSW you need 67/100 points. LMIA give only 10 points. If you can achieve 67 points without LMIA, then you do not need it. For CEC you only need one year canadian experience while living and working legally.
2. For PNP, you do NOT need LMIA for Skilled worker, or postgraduate routes. What you need is Full time, permanent job offer in NOC ABO. You do not even need a job for Int. post graduate route.
See this table: welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Express-Entry-British-Columbia/Categories-at-a-Glance.aspx

I do not know where all this talk of LMIA in a PNP forum comes from.

danielsqueiroz

Sep 26, 2014
Hello Guys... Any update? It has been I while that I don't see anyone being approved... It seems that BC PNP office slowed down a lot... :eek: :eek:

uncle_smile

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Slamdunk said:
1.For EE, you do NOT absolutely need LMIA for FSW or CEC. For FSW you need 67/100 points. LMIA give only 10 points. If you can achieve 67 points without LMIA, then you do not need it. For CEC you only need one year canadian experience while living and working legally.
2. For PNP, you do NOT need LMIA for Skilled worker, or postgraduate routes. What you need is Full time, permanent job offer in NOC ABO. You do not even need a job for Int. post graduate route.
See this table: welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Express-Entry-British-Columbia/Categories-at-a-Glance.aspx

I do not know where all this talk of LMIA in a PNP forum comes from.
Some people are lazy and impatient to read or find information, they only read forum posts then got confused and freak out!

Very informative post and very clear points!

+1 for you

bill BC

Feb 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NS SYNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my application submitted at august FN 47$$ STILL NO further information.

Feb 23, 2015
I hope someone can answer this, I have a support letter from the bc pnp but I'm still waiting for the mail of pnp package, the thing is my entry visa is expired last October, can I still go to the boarder and request a new work permit? Iam afraid that they won't let me back since my entry visa is expired. Thanks and goodluck for our applications.

sunny.bc

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY NS
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
23-02-2015
AOR Received.
XEP ON JUNE 4TH 2015
Med's Request
Nov 25th 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 28th 2015
Passport Req..
March 1st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 4th 2016
LANDED..........
March 21st 2016
CanadaHereICome!! said:
I hope someone can answer this, I have a support letter from the bc pnp but I'm still waiting for the mail of pnp package, the thing is my entry visa is expired last October, can I still go to the boarder and request a new work permit? Iam afraid that they won't let me back since my entry visa is expired. Thanks and goodluck for our applications.
when did u got the support letter on which date. did u get an email or did they mailed you the support letter.

it takes about 2-3 weeks to recieve the nomination package as i heard.

R1982

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP-30Apr.14
Doc's Request.
18Oct.2014
Nomination.....
11NOV.2014
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED
Med's Request
30April2015
Med's Done....
06May2015
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
16 Sept. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 Sept. 2015
LANDED..........
01 Oct. 2015 PR Card Received-13Jan.2016
sunny.bc said:
when did u got the support letter on which date. did u get an email or did they mailed you the support letter.

hi friend
i have requested to BC PNP for "Work permit support letter" on 11feb.2015 by e-mail along with my current last 2month pay stubs and a reference letter from my employer.
And they replied me after 9 days and they had sent me work permit letter in my E-Mail on 20February 2015 .......................................like this...>>>>>

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
CPC Vegreville
6212 55th Avenue – Unit 202
Vegreville, AB T9C 1X6
Dear Sir/Madam:
RE: *******, ********* ****** (D.O.B. **-**-****)
British Columbia Provincial Nominee
BC PNP Certificate Number 2014-2***
Client ID No: ****-****
The above-named applicant for permanent residence was approved as a BC Provincial Nominee on (date-month-2014).
As Mr. (Applicant's name) BC employer, (****************) Ltd., is urgently seeking to have his work permit renewed, we request that his application for a work permit (to be submitted by the applicant) be processed without the need for Service Canada confirmation.
This request is in accordance with subsection 204(c) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and pursuant to the instructions outlined in section 0.00 of the Foreign Worker Manual.
If you require any further information relating to this matter, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 000-000-0000.
Yours truly,

R1982

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP-30Apr.14
Doc's Request.
18Oct.2014
Nomination.....
11NOV.2014
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED
Med's Request
30April2015
Med's Done....
06May2015
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
16 Sept. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 Sept. 2015
LANDED..........
01 Oct. 2015 PR Card Received-13Jan.2016
CanadaHereICome!! said:
hi friend
When your work permit going to be expired ?
if you have valid work permit why don't apply online to extend your work permit..........my opinion to you apply online if you feel insecure to go at Border.
wish u good luck......!!!!

Feb 23, 2015
sunny.bc said:

Hi, I got the support letter last feb 26, it is included in the mail that my pnp application has been approved.

CanadaPC

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/05/2015
Doc's Request.
18/01/2016
Nomination.....
24/03/2015
AOR Received.
17/08/2015
IELTS Request
12/02/2015
Med's Request
Waiting
CanadaHereICome!! said:
Hi there

You stated that your entry visa expired in October. What is your current legal status in Canada?