VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
already in Canada!
BCPNPJuly said:
Thanks Jeff.
this helps in restoration of hope :)
Definitely, even if only for a little..
I still do not understand how and why people that applied in mid July already got their letters and people that applied before, not...
Anyway I think that we need only wait..

mirko.alilovic

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
jeffd said:
Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd update with my progress, because I know like you I was refreshing this thread daily to get updates from everyone too.

File#:SO-14-39**
Application sent: June 30, 2014 (or thereabouts)
AOR received: July 7 2014
Nomination date: Jan 08, 2015
Approval package received by mail: Jan 16, 2015
Skilled Worker, NOC B 2281

What was weird was that I received no email notification that a decision was made - it just arrived by mail last Friday which was an unexpected surprise. In it contained my the certificate and a letter of support.

Now my current visa expired on Jan 05, so in anticipation of this my employer has also applied for another work permit (separate to PNP & PR) through their immigration lawyer; I'm currently in implied status limbo until I flagpole and get a new permit with the support letter. I know BC PNP contacted my employer just before it expired to find out if I would still have a job come Jan 06, so that may have been a factor in my processing.

I'm currently working out this whole express entry thing with BC PNP. I created an Express Entry profile only a few days before the nomination date (PNP emailed me, and advised I may qualify), and then submitted the BC PNP addendum a few days after I was nominated (not knowing I was already nominated). There was a bit of back-and-forth between myself and PNP, as they're only just getting up to speed on Express Entry now, but as it stands I now qualify for Express Entry and should hear back from CIC about the next steps.

Sounds like they're working through the July applications, but if you qualify for Express Entry I reckon that'll help speed up the process too (it took a few days just to get the job seeker code required for the PNP addendum forms). Good luck!
Hi jeffd,

Congrats!! Can you confirm that your addendum was considered and you are eligible to receive the 600 points for you nomination? Strange coz you said you submitted your addendum AFTER you were nominated.

jeffd

Jan 8, 2015
mirko.alilovic said:
Hi jeffd,

Congrats!! Can you confirm that your addendum was considered and you are eligible to receive the 600 points for you nomination? Strange coz you said you submitted your addendum AFTER you were nominated.
Yes, that's correct. I contacted PNP immediately when I was nominated to confirm that my application would still be considered for Express Entry, and they said it would be fine. A few days later PNP contacted me as they couldn't find my EE profile (turns out they're still figuring out how to use the new system too), and we completed the application. A second letter of issuance was then sent by email, and I have 940 odd points in the express entry pool (this was 340 something prior to PNP completing the application).

mirko.alilovic

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
jeffd said:
Yes, that's correct. I contacted PNP immediately when I was nominated to confirm that my application would still be considered for Express Entry, and they said it would be fine. A few days later PNP contacted me as they couldn't find my EE profile (turns out they're still figuring out how to use the new system too), and we completed the application. A second letter of issuance was then sent by email, and I have 940 odd points in the express entry pool (this was 340 something prior to PNP completing the application).
Thanks for your response, much appreciated. 940 sounds pretty good!!

Babu aru

Oct 19, 2014
jeffd said:
Thanks for sharing your journey with us, Jeff!

I applied for BC pnp at the end of July, 2014 and my file number is SO-14-45**. I haven't been nominated by BC yet but I did receive an email from BC pnp with the addendums file attached. So I submitted the addendums and created EE profile. Now, I'm just waiting for nomination.

The first EE draw could happen any day now! Best of luck, Jeff!

CanadaPC

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/05/2015
Doc's Request.
18/01/2016
Nomination.....
24/03/2015
AOR Received.
17/08/2015
IELTS Request
12/02/2015
Med's Request
Waiting
Babu aru said:
Thanks for sharing your journey with us, Jeff!

I applied for BC pnp at the end of July, 2014 and my file number is SO-14-45**. I haven't been nominated by BC yet but I did receive an email from BC pnp with the addendums file attached. So I submitted the addendums and created EE profile. Now, I'm just waiting for nomination.

The first EE draw could happen any day now! Best of luck, Jeff!
Hi Babu Aru

My application is from July 22, no aasnwer yet. I received addendum, too, and I am doing the english test on Feb 7, cause for the skilled worker is a must, plus the education evaluation. SO, you can create a profile without nomination? Do you loose points like that or you just add them later and submit?

Best of luck

Canada PC

mirko.alilovic

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
CanadaPC said:
Hi Babu Aru

My application is from July 22, no aasnwer yet. I received addendum, too, and I am doing the english test on Feb 7, cause for the skilled worker is a must, plus the education evaluation. SO, you can create a profile without nomination? Do you loose points like that or you just add them later and submit?

Best of luck

Canada PC
You could but without you IELTS scores you cannot..as far as I know.

ssx2

Oct 10, 2014
Progress Update :D

I submitted my application at the end of Sept. File No. 61**. International post graduate without job offer. Yesterday (Jan 26th) I got a call from my PNP advisor asking me some questions (birthday, master program, current employment status, how did I get the job, why not apply PR via spousal sponsorship etc.) Also, she let me send her a copy of my latest work permit (when I submitted my application on Sept, I didn't get my PGWP yet). And she told me "I will be proceeding with your nomination."

Good luck ;)

CanadaPC

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/05/2015
Doc's Request.
18/01/2016
Nomination.....
24/03/2015
AOR Received.
17/08/2015
IELTS Request
12/02/2015
Med's Request
Waiting
Hi guys

any news from July applications?

CanadaPC

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/05/2015
Doc's Request.
18/01/2016
Nomination.....
24/03/2015
AOR Received.
17/08/2015
IELTS Request
12/02/2015
Med's Request
Waiting
HI rzhang

For me too, nothing...
Maybe my noc code is not in demand so they pushed it aside... Don't know...

Rzhang

Oct 23, 2014
CanadaPC said:
HI rzhang

For me too, nothing...
Maybe my noc code is not in demand so they pushed it aside... Don't know...
My AOR date is same as you... I saw one of the 40XX already got nomination. Hopefully we don't need to wait too long...!!!!!!

Good Luck!!!! ;D ;D ;D