21 Jan 2012
Tasneem & jnathan,

4152 Example Titles
co-ordinator of social work
medical social worker
psychiatric social worker

social work supervisor
social worker

If you check example titles there are job titles as medical social worker,psychiatric social worker
As per my research,
- Doctors usually work as Medical social worker by completing Masters in Public health (MPH)
- Psychologist/graduates of BSS in psychology can work as psychiatric social worker
And obviously they dont have bachelor in social work.
For further evidence, i want to quote nashe's post

nashe_31 said:
Dear Y2J, that's the same question i have been asking around, and what i was told by the seniors is, Not To Worry! since we have experience in the same occupation and our Job description matches the responsibilities shown in NOC by HRDC, we even have degrees in Social Sciences, we can apply...

“It's quite logical in a sense that, psychologists, doctors, mbas, physicians, nurses, are working as social workers in many countries” (I am quoting the words of our dear member “Ekram” in this line and I want to thank him for that).

But one important thing to keep in mind is that we will have to get our degrees evaluated in order to continue as a social worker in Canada, because it is a regulated occupation in Canada except in 02 Northwest Territories, Yukon & Nunavut.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Nashe

P.S Mother Teresa and Abdul Sattar Edhi, both didn't have any formal education in Social Work, yet their contributions to the mankind as social workers can never be forgotten.

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear dr. hasib,

perhaps,something missing in your writing. this profession is regulated and certainly there are some points to be considered .

from this link http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=4152 , you will see that this profession requires: A bachelor's degree in social work is required in Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, British Columbia, Nunavut and the Northwest Territories. In Alberta, a bachelor's degree or diploma in social work is required. In Saskatchewan, a bachelor's degree in social work is usually required. Use of the titles "Social Worker" and "Registered Social Worker" is regulated in all provinces. so the work is completely professional and a professional degree in social work is a must.

I am not sure whether this applicant have the solid ground and have a degree in social work according to OP6 instruction guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

Section 6.1; page 13 is not enough ,please consider 6.2 too. His occupation is restricted.

For the purposes of skilled worker applications, the ”Employment Requirements” listed in the description of each occupation are not applicable [refer to R80(3)] BUT Section: 12.13. Experience, PAGE: 41 among 18 pts of the mentioned section, no.3 bullet point must be considered as the paragraphs are correlated.

as you mentioned the points from OP6, i think there are some other points related which clarifies the whole regulations . it will give the complete understanding of the fact too.

notably,this occupation essentially need a degree in social work.it is because graduates or a degree holders in social work are allowed to work as a social worker in Canada . passing a degree in economics even in sociology or a social science may not be eligible for a social worker , according to the set of review of the CIC. in Canada , social work is professional degree other than those mentioned earlier. that's why the CIC defined it as a regulated profession and apparently the degree in economics shouldnt be equalized as degree in social work. most importantly the case officer may reject an application if the applicant do not have a relevant professional degree although h/she direly work in a designation as social worker .

hopefully it helps

imu

S

shaon31

imu said:
dear dr. hasib,

perhaps,something missing in your writing. this profession is regulated and certainly there are some points to be considered .

from this link http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=4152 , you will see that this profession requires: A bachelor's degree in social work is required in Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, British Columbia, Nunavut and the Northwest Territories. In Alberta, a bachelor's degree or diploma in social work is required. In Saskatchewan, a bachelor's degree in social work is usually required. Use of the titles "Social Worker" and "Registered Social Worker" is regulated in all provinces. so the work is completely professional and a professional degree in social work is a must.

I am not sure whether this applicant have the solid ground and have a degree in social work according to OP6 instruction guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

Section 6.1; page 13 is not enough ,please consider 6.2 too. His occupation is restricted.

For the purposes of skilled worker applications, the ”Employment Requirements” listed in the description of each occupation are not applicable [refer to R80(3)] BUT Section: 12.13. Experience, PAGE: 41 among 18 pts of the mentioned section, no.3 bullet point must be considered as the paragraphs are correlated.

as you mentioned the points from OP6, i think there are some other points related which clarifies the whole regulations . it will give the complete understanding of the fact too.

notably,this occupation essentially need a degree in social work.it is because graduates or a degree holders in social work are allowed to work as a social worker in Canada . passing a degree in economics even in sociology or a social science may not be eligible for a social worker , according to the set of review of the CIC. in Canada , social work is professional degree other than those mentioned earlier. that's why the CIC defined it as a regulated profession and apparently the degree in economics shouldnt be equalized as degree in social work. most importantly the case officer may reject an application if the applicant do not have a relevant professional degree although h/she direly work in a designation as social worker .

hopefully it helps

imu

Great research! +1 for you.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Still my Verdict is that the case would be a 50-50 game.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Imu bhai,
Thanks for your research but I cant agree with you.
"notably, this occupation essentially need a degree in social work.it is because graduates or a degree holders in social work are allowed to work as a social worker in Canada . passing a degree in economics even in sociology or a social science may not be eligible for a social worker ,"--Imu

In Bangladesh there is no Bachelor degree on social work. (Check Dhaka university website), there are Bachelor degrees available on social science/sociology/economics.
Recently, BD applicant Ekram bhai (Bachelor in social science) who applied as social worker got his MR so VO definitely accepted his degree.

--Imu
His occupation is regulated not restricted.

"For the purposes of skilled worker applications, the ”Employment Requirements” listed in the description of each occupation are not applicable [refer to R80(3)] BUT Section: 12.13. Experience, PAGE: 41 among 18 pts of the mentioned section, no.3 bullet point must be considered as the paragraphs are correlated."--Imu

Check page 41.
Officers must:
• consider only those occupations which the applicant has specified and for which the applicant
has provided the four-digit NOC code on their application form (R80(6));
Note: While the Regulations clearly place responsibility on applicants to undertake research of the NOC
and provide the NOC coding for the occupations in which they claim qualifying experience, officers are
expected to exercise discretion where applicants may have made minor errors or omissions in
correlating work experience and NOC coding.
• not take into account whether the applicant meets the “Employment requirements” description
set forth in the NOC for the occupation(s) listed (R80(3));
• award points only if the applicant has performed the actions described in the lead statement
of the particular NOC description and has performed at least a substantial number of the
duties described in the “Main Duties” summary – including all the essential duties (R80(3));

Note: Neither the NOC nor the Regulations distinguish between “essential” and “non-essential” duties or
provide guidance as to what constitutes a “substantial number”. This is left as a matter for assessment
on a case-by-case basis. If officers have concerns about whether or not the applicant has carried out
“a substantial number of the main duties...including all of the essential duties,” they should give the
applicant an opportunity to respond to these concerns.
• take into account any years of experience that occur between application and assessment,
and for which the applicant has submitted the necessary documentation (R77).

Considering above mentioned points, I do believe, he is eligible to apply under FSW category

imu said:
dear dr. hasib,

hopefully it helps

imu

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear Dr. Hasib

thanks for your stand .lets see what happens next .
If mr. ekram has been the successful one , then research is in question.
but the truth is unveiled.wishes for tasneem.

imu

haq_bd

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO/AUVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vai,
Ami next week a application patabo. DHL a patale paite kotodin lagbe janaben please.

Mahfuz

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
haque,

ask DHL people, they know about their service delivery time.

BDSkilled

Oct 15, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
December 2010
Dear All Bangladeshi,

The below link would give an idea about Job prospect in Canada

http://www23.hrsdc.gc.ca

hope you must be prepared to win.

Thx

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
haq_bd said:
vai,
Ami next week a application patabo. DHL a patale paite kotodin lagbe janaben please.

Mahfuz
Mahfuz bhai,
DHL a pathale 5-6 din lagbe & tara 3000 taka moto nibe.
ami TNT dia sent korsilum, tara 2100 taka nisilo..& 5 din a pousaisilo.

regards,
Dr.Hasib

BDSkilled

Oct 15, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
December 2010
in this forum People are trying to help others.
but dont ask any silly question that means this is your right to get this answer.

Shazzadul

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 April 2010
Doc's Request.
7 July 2010
AOR Received.
17 September 2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2012
Med's Request
6 July 2012
Med's Done....
28 July 2012, RPRF sent on 14 Aug 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
Dr.Hasib said:
Mahfuz bhai,
DHL a pathale 5-6 din lagbe & tara 3000 taka moto nibe.
ami TNT dia sent korsilum, tara 2100 taka nisilo..& 5 din a pousaisilo.

regards,
Dr.Hasib
Dear Mahfuz Bhai,

DHL, FedEX, TNT none of them have their own delivery system in Sidney, Canada. All are provide agent delivery there. When Hasib bhai send his document, it was in previous system, less papers to submit to CIO so the weight was less. You are sending your application with all documents as per new low, so I think they will charge more than Hasib's application. One of the Currier name OCS always provide wonder full service to my office, to me and to my other colleagues who have send their application to Canada and other countries for immigration or for any other purpose.

when I send my documents to CIO they had taken only 1186tk. They had carried my document to Dubai via OCS then they handed over to FedEX. OCS provided me the tracking number of FedEX. Finally FedEX delivered my document to CIO on sixth day. Same things happened to me when I had send full document to Singapore VO, the weight of my full document was above 1 kg they had charged only 1100tk. for that. Their service is as like as DHL/FedEX/TNT but the cost is almost 65% less. So I think you may try for OCS.

Regards,
Shazzadul

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
Dr.Hasib said:
Imu bhai,
Thanks for your research but I cant agree with you.
"notably, this occupation essentially need a degree in social work.it is because graduates or a degree holders in social work are allowed to work as a social worker in Canada . passing a degree in economics even in sociology or a social science may not be eligible for a social worker ,"--Imu

In Bangladesh there is no Bachelor degree on social work. (Check Dhaka university website), there are Bachelor degrees available on social science/sociology/economics.
Recently, BD applicant Ekram bhai (Bachelor in social science) who applied as social worker got his MR so VO definitely accepted his degree.

--Imu
His occupation is regulated not restricted.

"For the purposes of skilled worker applications, the ”Employment Requirements” listed in the description of each occupation are not applicable [refer to R80(3)] BUT Section: 12.13. Experience, PAGE: 41 among 18 pts of the mentioned section, no.3 bullet point must be considered as the paragraphs are correlated."--Imu

Check page 41.
Officers must:
• consider only those occupations which the applicant has specified and for which the applicant
has provided the four-digit NOC code on their application form (R80(6));
Note: While the Regulations clearly place responsibility on applicants to undertake research of the NOC
and provide the NOC coding for the occupations in which they claim qualifying experience, officers are
expected to exercise discretion where applicants may have made minor errors or omissions in
correlating work experience and NOC coding.
• not take into account whether the applicant meets the “Employment requirements” description
set forth in the NOC for the occupation(s) listed (R80(3));
• award points only if the applicant has performed the actions described in the lead statement
of the particular NOC description and has performed at least a substantial number of the
duties described in the “Main Duties” summary – including all the essential duties (R80(3));

Note: Neither the NOC nor the Regulations distinguish between “essential” and “non-essential” duties or
provide guidance as to what constitutes a “substantial number”. This is left as a matter for assessment
on a case-by-case basis. If officers have concerns about whether or not the applicant has carried out
“a substantial number of the main duties...including all of the essential duties,” they should give the
applicant an opportunity to respond to these concerns.
• take into account any years of experience that occur between application and assessment,
and for which the applicant has submitted the necessary documentation (R77).

Considering above mentioned points, I do believe, he is eligible to apply under FSW category
Respected Dr.Hasib, I would like to tell u that a couple of members in our (4152 Social workers)thread, got their PERs, and they have degrees other than social work like Masters in International development & Economics.

And as one of my brothers here was talking about 50/50 ratio, i will just say that, even in any case, no matter how strong the qualifications, experience, points or supporting documents are, nobody can be sure about anything,

It is only ALLAH who knows what is going to happen!

Cheers,

Nashe

BDSkilled

Oct 15, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
December 2010
Plz Follow HRSDC Instruction with NOC Job requirements. Nothing be accepted except their guideline.

Good Luck

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Shazzadul said:
Dear Mahfuz Bhai,

DHL, FedEX, TNT none of them have their own delivery system in Sidney, Canada. All are provide agent delivery there. When Hasib bhai send his document, it was in previous system, less papers to submit to CIO so the weight was less. You are sending your application with all documents as per new low, so I think they will charge more than Hasib's application. One of the Currier name OCS always provide wonder full service to my office, to me and to my other colleagues who have send their application to Canada and other countries for immigration or for any other purpose.

when I send my documents to CIO they had taken only 1186tk. They had carried my document to Dubai via OCS then they handed over to FedEX. OCS provided me the tracking number of FedEX. Finally FedEX delivered my document to CIO on sixth day. Same things happened to me when I had send full document to Singapore VO, the weight of my full document was above 1 kg they had charged only 1100tk. for that. Their service is as like as DHL/FedEX/TNT but the cost is almost 65% less. So I think you may try for OCS.

Regards,
Shazzadul
I am post june 2010 applicant & I sent all docs to CIO . By the way, OCS (overseas courier service) is cheap & reliable.
Their address:

Overseas Courier Service
Address
284, Bara Magh Bazar (2nd Floor)
City Dhaka
Country Bangladesh
Telephone +880-2-9352431, 8321169