07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
This is for @armoured @scylla @canuck78
Answer for the doubt that IRCC made a mistake and they did not know about the misrep for my husband. We received our notes after the file was approved and are below:

Eligibility-Passed
On balance of probability the relationship between PA and SPR is genuine.
PA and SPR are married-proof of cohabitation on file.
The application was transferred to our office due to potential Admissibility - Misrep/ application reviewed/No concerns.
Admissibility reviewed:
Security
No concerns with A34, 35 or 37 at this time.

may be sometimes they do know everything and they believe that the marriage is not at fault. And sponsor should not be punished for what happened in the past. Just for knowledge. We also sent them the reply for PR portal when we received the request and they will hold the file until the ARC is approved instead of refusing it as @canuck78 said.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This is for @armoured @scylla @canuck78
Answer for the doubt that IRCC made a mistake and they did not know about the misrep for my husband. We received our notes after the file was approved and are below:

Eligibility-Passed
On balance of probability the relationship between PA and SPR is genuine.
PA and SPR are married-proof of cohabitation on file.
The application was transferred to our office due to potential Admissibility - Misrep/ application reviewed/No concerns.
Admissibility reviewed:
Security
No concerns with A34, 35 or 37 at this time.

may be sometimes they do know everything and they believe that the marriage is not at fault. And sponsor should not be punished for what happened in the past. Just for knowledge. We also sent them the reply for PR portal when we received the request and they will hold the file until the ARC is approved instead of refusing it as @canuck78 said.
Hey - hope it works out for you both. Let us know when your spouse has landed and all clear.

But from some experience here- misrepresentations like in your case are one of the things about which IRCC is EXTREMELY serious. And stating my own personal point of view - sometimes excessively so.

Why do I say this? Because again - experience - more of these cases end BADLY from the perspective of the applicants. I'm glad it's not always the case.

I'm concerned some who read about your case (still, to be fair, not final) will conclude misrepresentation is not a big deal.

It is. Sometimes WAY out of proportion to what applicants think is possible.

Jax01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
Hey - hope it works out for you both. Let us know when your spouse has landed and all clear.

But from some experience here- misrepresentations like in your case are one of the things about which IRCC is EXTREMELY serious. And stating my own personal point of view - sometimes excessively so.

Why do I say this? Because again - experience - more of these cases end BADLY from the perspective of the applicants. I'm glad it's not always the case.

I'm concerned some who read about your case (still, to be fair, not final) will conclude misrepresentation is not a big deal.

It is. Sometimes WAY out of proportion to what applicants think is possible.
So end result that my husband’s PR can still be cancelled?
Because we have received PR portal request already and sent in the information to them. They have put a hold on file until we get the ARC approval and sent it to IRCC.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Because we have received PR portal request already and sent in the information to them. They have put a hold on file until we get the ARC approval and sent it to IRCC.
Technically the PR visa can be cancelled anytime before landing. While rare, this does sometimes happen if IRCC finds new information late in the game.

If I'm not mistaken, you were very truthful in your application so hopefully you are not at risk of that happening. Be just as truthful in the ARC application. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I agree with @scylla. Let us know what happens. Seems it might be some time still (I don[t know) but may be quicker.

I don't understand why the PPR/portal request at this stage but again - don't know.

Jax01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
Hello @scylla @armoured,

our agent received a call from my decision officer today asking any updates on the ARC and offered us to either to put the application on hold and once arc is received update her on her email provided or cancel the file and start a new one as an outland applicant. We asked them to put the hold on file once we receive the ARC approval we send them the email about it. Does anybody how the arc will be sent in our case as a passport request or a physical decision paper when it gets approved!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello @scylla @armoured,

our agent received a call from my decision officer today asking any updates on the ARC and offered us to either to put the application on hold and once arc is received update her on her email provided or cancel the file and start a new one as an outland applicant. We asked them to put the hold on file once we receive the ARC approval we send them the email about it. Does anybody how the arc will be sent in our case as a passport request or a physical decision paper when it gets approved!
No, I don't know. I still do not understand how an inland application (the type you currently have in process?) can be processed and finalized if your spouse is outside Canada. But I also don't know the answer to your specific ARC question.

Jax01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
No, I don't know. I still do not understand how an inland application (the type you currently have in process?) can be processed and finalized if your spouse is outside Canada. But I also don't know the answer to your specific ARC question.
Oh that was because when we filed the application my husband was in canada in last oct and he was removed in mid may so CBSA sent request to ircc may be to keep processing the inland application since at that point it was already been in process for 8 months. So they never transferred it into new delhi office or asked us to apply for new one.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Oh that was because when we filed the application my husband was in canada in last oct and he was removed in mid may so CBSA sent request to ircc may be to keep processing the inland application since at that point it was already been in process for 8 months. So they never transferred it into new delhi office or asked us to apply for new one.
I recall that. Despite what they are saying about 'keeping it in processing' or whatever, I do not understand how they expect to complete the process if the principal applicant is outside Canada (and - so far at least - cannot return).

The 'safe' approach - I think, and I am only kind of guessing - would be to withdraw the inland and apply outland. Yes, it will mean starting over again, and you would have to make sure the ARC application continues being processed - but at the end it can be completed.

But this is not advice because I simply do not know. If you have a lawyer - and you absolutely SHOULD have one given the complexities of this case - ASK YOUR LAWYER.

Jax01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
I recall that. Despite what they are saying about 'keeping it in processing' or whatever, I do not understand how they expect to complete the process if the principal applicant is outside Canada (and - so far at least - cannot return).

The 'safe' approach - I think, and I am only kind of guessing - would be to withdraw the inland and apply outland. Yes, it will mean starting over again, and you would have to make sure the ARC application continues being processed - but at the end it can be completed.

But this is not advice because I simply do not know. If you have a lawyer - and you absolutely SHOULD have one given the complexities of this case - ASK YOUR LAWYER.
The file officer on our application actually spoke to our lawyer this morning asked about all the things and confirmed that my husband is not in canada. Then she said since the application is already approved we can either put the application on hold or cancel this one and apply from outside canada. So we said that we can put it on hold and she gave her email to send her the approval of ARC once its approved she will be send in the passport request to get him in canada. So we are currently following the instructions given by IRCC and CBSA. I am getting confused who to follow IRCC or people here on this forum.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
The file officer on our application actually spoke to our lawyer this morning asked about all the things and confirmed that my husband is not in canada. Then she said since the application is already approved we can either put the application on hold or cancel this one and apply from outside canada. So we said that we can put it on hold and she gave her email to send her the approval of ARC once its approved she will be send in the passport request to get him in canada. So we are currently following the instructions given by IRCC and CBSA. I am getting confused who to follow IRCC or people here on this forum.
Follow IRCC since this is a very weird and unusual case. I don't think volunteers can give you more than what IRCC, CBSA and your lawyer can provided.
I think you are being given an exception because of the timing of the application approval and the deportation. Good luck with the process.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I see no reason to not believe either what IRCC or the lawyer says in this case. You're paying a professional, go with what the professional recommends.

It does seem to be an unusual case.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would follow IRCC.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I want to reiterate an important point here: you have a lawyer who is presumably also advising you.

YOU LEFT THAT INFORMATION OUT OF YOUR POST.

Don't withhold information that is key and then say the issue is you're getting confusing answers.

Jax01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
I want to reiterate an important point here: you have a lawyer who is presumably also advising you.

YOU LEFT THAT INFORMATION OUT OF YOUR POST.

Don't withhold information that is key and then say the issue is you're getting confusing answers.
Okay no worries