File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We were told by CBSA officer that it does lift the ban only in case if you have your PR approved already.
Something to keep in mind is that PR is not going to be approved for your sponsorship application because of the misrepresentation ban. Your application has been sent to the Etobicoke office because your spouse is inadmissible. The Etobicoke office is going to end up refusing the application as a result.

Jax01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
Hello,
We have received the good news that my husbands’ application for PR has been approved today. We are waiting on getting all the letters from IRCC they have already sent us the pre arrival. And call centre agent IRCC has stated that all the four columns have been completed and application is approved. We will now be filling for ARC in this month. Anybody has an idea how long it takes to process arc from india if the PR is already approved. @scylla @Copingwithlife @forevermore76

Reactions: kslanre20

Jax01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
Something to keep in mind is that PR is not going to be approved for your sponsorship application because of the misrepresentation ban. Your application has been sent to the Etobicoke office because your spouse is inadmissible. The Etobicoke office is going to end up refusing the application as a result.
May be we got lucky. And how did you knew for sure that they would refuse the application. You are scaring people with this. As of IRCC nobody can predict what they gonna do at this point.

Reactions: kslanre20

kslanre20

Jul 25, 2024
lagos
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-03-2024
AOR Received.
29-04-2024
Hello,
We have received the good news that my husbands’ application for PR has been approved today. We are waiting on getting all the letters from IRCC they have already sent us the pre arrival. And call centre agent IRCC has stated that all the four columns have been completed and application is approved. We will now be filling for ARC in this month. Anybody has an idea how long it takes to process arc from india if the PR is already approved. @scylla @Copingwithlife @forevermore76
congratulation

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
It was approved in error so actually not good. It should be cancelled once you inform IRCC he is out of the country.

Jax01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
It was approved in error so actually not good. It should be cancelled once you inform IRCC he is out of the country.
Should be canceled. I have read your posts in the past why you and @scylla so much hate for people who get exclusion orders of something I can not understand. I have people coming back to Canada once their ARCs has been approved and even some officer process themselves so that a person can reunite with their family. I really hope I prove you guys wrong and leave some hope for people here. we are already under so much pressure and then you guys tearing us with your reply its just... I don't even know what to say lol! But once everything gets sorted out for us, I Will post all the procedures here and let people know about what actually happens!!

Reactions: Miledarome

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have read your posts in the past why you and @scylla so much hate for people who get exclusion orders of something I can not understand. I have people coming back to Canada once their ARCs has been approved and even some officer process themselves ...
Look, good luck to you. But you should consider it's not coming from hate, but a simple statement that (as far as posters here understand, anyway) someone who is under an exclusion order of the type you had, specifically for misrepresentation, is INADMISSIBLE. This is a rather black and white situation - again, unless something is different than you described or something has happened unknown to those here.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/authorization-return-canada/eligibility.html

It is fairly clear: without an ARC, someone who got an exclusion order for misrepresentation cannot be admitted for five years. Again, what is different than what is written here? (Is it possible it was not recorded as exclusion for misrepresentation?)

And unfortunately, it is not unheard of - it does happen - that people receive requests for passport and other indications of (various levels of) approval that are in error. This is particularly true for the call centre agents and information from them is often simply wrong.

And when it's the case, it's usually caught later and is greatly disappointing for the people involved. (It probably does happen sometimes that such errors are not caught, and the person finds out at the airport - objectively worse - or admitted and all goes fine, which may seem better but can cause problems later; both these scenarios are even more rare).

So again: good luck. But consider that the people telling you what they believe to be the truth are trying to help you. (I mostly stay out of these ones b/c I don't know much about it).

You seem to have lawyers working for you. Have they provided any explanation of how it could be approved if he's subject to the five year exclusion order for misrepresentation and ARC has not been successful?

And of course, let others know what happens. Maybe there's some nuance here we don't know.

Reactions: canuck78

Jax01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
Look, good luck to you. But you should consider it's not coming from hate, but a simple statement that (as far as posters here understand, anyway) someone who is under an exclusion order of the type you had, specifically for misrepresentation, is INADMISSIBLE. This is a rather black and white situation - again, unless something is different than you described or something has happened unknown to those here.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/authorization-return-canada/eligibility.html

It is fairly clear: without an ARC, someone who got an exclusion order for misrepresentation cannot be admitted for five years. Again, what is different than what is written here? (Is it possible it was not recorded as exclusion for misrepresentation?)

And unfortunately, it is not unheard of - it does happen - that people receive requests for passport and other indications of (various levels of) approval that are in error. This is particularly true for the call centre agents and information from them is often simply wrong.

And when it's the case, it's usually caught later and is greatly disappointing for the people involved. (It probably does happen sometimes that such errors are not caught, and the person finds out at the airport - objectively worse - or admitted and all goes fine, which may seem better but can cause problems later; both these scenarios are even more rare).

So again: good luck. But consider that the people telling you what they believe to be the truth are trying to help you. (I mostly stay out of these ones b/c I don't know much about it).

You seem to have lawyers working for you. Have they provided any explanation of how it could be approved if he's subject to the five year exclusion order for misrepresentation and ARC has not been successful?

And of course, let others know what happens. Maybe there's some nuance here we don't know.
we have not filed an ARC yet we are working with a RCIC and also asking for help from other people who had processed these kind of applications. we have been told by CBSA, our RCIC and a former officer that sometimes they do approve the ARC if the IAD had mentioned that they believe it was an indirect misrepresentation that was the case for us. hope it turns out to be true and the situation why my husband should be allowed is very sensitive. while he was here we have grown very good ties with Canada and our community we live in may be it will all be fine.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
we have not filed an ARC yet we are working with a RCIC and also asking for help from other people who had processed these kind of applications. we have been told by CBSA, our RCIC and a former officer that sometimes they do approve the ARC if the IAD had mentioned that they believe it was an indirect misrepresentation that was the case for us. hope it turns out to be true and the situation why my husband should be allowed is very sensitive. while he was here we have grown very good ties with Canada and our community we live in may be it will all be fine.
Obviously it is good news that they say it can be approved WITH an ARC, but that would seem to imply that everyone knows it requires an ARC for him to return to Canada.

I do not know what will happen if they 'approve' the spousal file but no ARC is yet done. My belief is that they wouldn't issue the visa, at best inform you that you need to get the ARC done.

Which is, after all, what others have been saying in this thread.

(And does it mean much if it's an approval that is dependent upon an ARC to be finalized i.e. for issuance of the most important step, issuance of the visa? Rhetorical question, as I assume the important part for you is the passport request/visa/landing.)

Jax01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
Obviously it is good news that they say it can be approved WITH an ARC, but that would seem to imply that everyone knows it requires an ARC for him to return to Canada.

I do not know what will happen if they 'approve' the spousal file but no ARC is yet done. My belief is that they wouldn't issue the visa, at best inform you that you need to get the ARC done.

Which is, after all, what others have been saying in this thread.

(And does it mean much if it's an approval that is dependent upon an ARC to be finalized i.e. for issuance of the most important step, issuance of the visa? Rhetorical question, as I assume the important part for you is the passport request/visa/landing.)
I understand and you are correct that PR approval will only be good if he gets the ARC approved. Other thread haven’t mentioned that they are saying that once we let the ircc know that he is under exclusion order they should cancel the PR approval. The use of words like would or should in this situation are not okay. You never know what ircc can or will say. Even the CBSA office we had meetings with since we were fully compliant with all the requests mentioned that he will enter the notices into the ARC application because when ARC is filled there are many officer involve ircc + CBSA. And everything CBSA told us while those interviews happen is on record. They would never lie on record that would implicate them.

Jax01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
I understand and you are correct that PR approval will only be good if he gets the ARC approved. Other thread haven’t mentioned that they are saying that once we let the ircc know that he is under exclusion order they should cancel the PR approval. The use of words like would or should in this situation are not okay. You never know what ircc can or will say. Even the CBSA office we had meetings with since we were fully compliant with all the requests mentioned that he will enter the notices into the ARC application because when ARC is filled there are many officer involve ircc + CBSA. And everything CBSA told us while those interviews happen is on record. They would never lie on record that would implicate them.
Informing about the process and scaring people are two different things but what can I say. Can only pray and hope for good.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Informing about the process and scaring people are two different things but what can I say. Can only pray and hope for good.
I understand and you are correct that PR approval will only be good if he gets the ARC approved. Other thread haven’t mentioned that they are saying that once we let the ircc know that he is under exclusion order they should cancel the PR approval. The use of words like would or should in this situation are not okay. You never know what ircc can or will say.
People here do often know what IRCC will do. Not that the track record is perfect.

Most I see here - at worst - is some combination of misunderstanding (your many posts ahve not always been clear) and procedures that are not always clear at IRCC, with yes - possibly some areas where not everyone knows what IRCC will do.

Keep in mind - you do not know for certain yet either. Not until it's all resolved.

So there's no reason to ascribe this to hate or anyone having it out for you or trying to scare anyone. (With one exception: we do try to scare, or rather impress upon people that the consequences of misrepresentation are serious)

Unless your reason is that being offended and angry is something you want.

Which, well, your choice.

Miledarome

Dec 31, 2022
Hello everyone,

I submitted an ARC + TRV application on behalf of my direct family member on Sep 30th 2023 through registered mail to the Sydney, Aus Consulate. Till today we haven’t received an AOR or any sort of response. The urgency is a engagement coming up. What is an average timeline, I know most are case specific but I’m worried they may have lost it.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Have you heard anything back from IRCC

nn_dan11

Apr 26, 2017
I applied for my dad's Visitor Visa along with an ARC in July 2023. It's been a year, but we haven't received any updates. I've requested GCMS notes multiple times, but they all indicate that the file has been "Transferred to Mission." What does "Transferred to Mission" mean, and how much longer might it typically take to receive a response? Is there any other way to contact them for more information?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for my dad's Visitor Visa along with an ARC in July 2023. It's been a year, but we haven't received any updates. I've requested GCMS notes multiple times, but they all indicate that the file has been "Transferred to Mission." What does "Transferred to Mission" mean, and how much longer might it typically take to receive a response? Is there any other way to contact them for more information?
Means that it has been transferred to local processing centre. Whether he gets approved is a whole other story.