+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2024 Visitor Visa Timeline

karpermres

Aug 12, 2024
Kindly keep me posted on how this goes. Bcoz I applied for my mother VV on Aug 13 & biometrics is completed on Aug 19 & no updates after that.

i called IRCC and, they said ELIGIBILITY IS PASSED on AUG 23, but stll no update on portal... any idea how long it takes after eligibility?
thanks everyone

ranjhaji

Feb 14, 2018
Hello, I applied from India for Canada Visitor visa along with wife and my minor child on 30 May 2024. My wife and I have received our passport request letter on 28 August 2024. However, our child application is still under processing. Kindly help pls how long will it further take to process my child's application. Also, as informed by VFS, is it necessary to receive passport request letter for child as well?

joyboy0056

Dec 16, 2022
Hello, can you please let me know how you contacted IRCC and what details did they ask for?
i called on this number:
1-888-242-2100
in order to talk to them,, you need to be a valid representative, if you are not a principle applicant.. they ask questions to confirm identity.. dob, place of birth,, full name.. address,, email and phone number on file.. etc

Reactions: anishagartia

ihamgold

Aug 28, 2024
i called on this number:
1-888-242-2100
in order to talk to them,, you need to be a valid representative, if you are not a principle applicant.. they ask questions to confirm identity.. dob, place of birth,, full name.. address,, email and phone number on file.. etc
Perfect, thanks. I called and only used automated system which only gave same details as the portal. I'll try again and connect to an agent to get more details. Do you see the same details on the portal?

Jassitalhan

Sep 4, 2024
Applied for 2 people in group
Submitted on 16 August
BCL 17 August
Biometrics done on 21 august
Biometric updated same day
No update after that

rmittal02

Aug 9, 2024
Hello, I applied from India for Canada Visitor visa along with wife and my minor child on 30 May 2024. My wife and I have received our passport request letter on 28 August 2024. However, our child application is still under processing. Kindly help pls how long will it further take to process my child's application. Also, as informed by VFS, is it necessary to receive passport request letter for child as well?

HI,

Can you please tell me when did you gave the biometrics. Actually we also applied me, my wife and minor child on 30th aug but we didn't got PPR till yet.

ad_naz07

Mar 19, 2024
Hi all, this forum has helped my husband and me a lot. Sharing the details of our process in the hopes that it helps someone!

We had applied for a visitor visa for my husband from India in August. He had a valid closed work permit at the time but could not travel using it due to complications with his employer. He was also in the USA for 7 years but did not have a US valid visa at the time of application. Here’s the timeline of the process:

Application submitted: August 09
Biometrics was already in the system.
PPR: August 21
Passport submission: August 23.

Waiting for the passport now.

Hope this helps and all the best to all!

ihamgold

Aug 28, 2024
Hi all, this forum has helped my husband and me a lot. Sharing the details of our process in the hopes that it helps someone!

We had applied for a visitor visa for my husband from India in August. He had a valid closed work permit at the time but could not travel using it due to complications with his employer. He was also in the USA for 7 years but did not have a US valid visa at the time of application. Here’s the timeline of the process:

Application submitted: August 09
Biometrics was already in the system.
PPR: August 21
Passport submission: August 23.

Waiting for the passport now.

Hope this helps and all the best to all!
Thank you. Which country did you apply from?

mdfrt2

Sep 7, 2024
Hi , I have submitted Canada visitor visa from USA on Aug 2nd , Completed biometrics on Aug 5th but no updates after that. Could some one with similar timelines help me with current canada visitor processing times from USA. When i submitted processing time was 28 days now its 40 days.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,
Applied for visitor visa from the Netherlands.
Date received: August 23, 2024
Biometrics - August 28, 2024:
Completed.
The background check is in progress, and the others have not started yet.

(It has been sent to the London OC).
Processing for Netherlands is about 176 days so about 6 months.