+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 Outland Spousal Sponsorship

nyantaro19

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Category........
Other
My eligibility hasn't even started as per GCMS notes. Infosharing, criminality, medical and biometrics complete. Don't know how long to wait...
Have you tried calling anyone from the IRCC? It shouldn't have taken this long unless they are waiting for additional documents on your end. Quite weird how eligibility is being checked last these days. They used to be checked first or second, with background and criminality last.

agentorange_

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
Have you tried calling anyone from the IRCC? It shouldn't have taken this long unless they are waiting for additional documents on your end. Quite weird how eligibility is being checked last these days. They used to be checked first or second, with background and criminality last.
I haven't called them as my visa office is London, so they never say anything useful. My MP did follow up and helped me get my BIL (They sent a request fee for biometrics in October, after which they never sent a BIL. My MP helped me get it and we submitted it in July 2024) If you see my GCMS notes, the last 'notes' are literally documenting getting a call(s) from my MP.

Really not sure what to do and why Eligibility hasn't started. Just Eligibility and Security is left technically speaking. I fear my application could even cross the 12 month mark soon :/

RamseyAmo

Feb 6, 2024
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Request
12-01-2024
Med's Done....
25-01-2024
m
I haven't called them as my visa office is London, so they never say anything useful. My MP did follow up and helped me get my BIL (They sent a request fee for biometrics in October, after which they never sent a BIL. My MP helped me get it and we submitted it in July 2024) If you see my GCMS notes, the last 'notes' are literally documenting getting a call(s) from my MP.

Really not sure what to do and why Eligibility hasn't started. Just Eligibility and Security is left technically speaking. I fear my application could even cross the 12 month mark soon :/
Mine's already crossed the 12-month mark.

• Sad
Reactions: agentorange_

RamseyAmo

Feb 6, 2024
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Request
12-01-2024
Med's Done....
25-01-2024
Wait till end of this month and then contact MP. It's not necessary to receive Pre-arrival, sometimes they send you corp or PPR directly (depending on VO and officer). We all are in the same boat. :(
We have already contacted our local MP and got some information about our file. As of June, our background check and eligibility are still in process. So, nothing is of real use.

Has anyone here met their spouse during this waiting period and chosen to send additional proof of relationship documenting that reunion (even though no ADR was requested from IRCC)?

Does anyone here think it would speed things up?

nyantaro19

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Category........
Other
We have already contacted our local MP and got some information about our file. As of June, our background check and eligibility are still in process. So, nothing is of real use.

Has anyone here met their spouse during this waiting period and chosen to send additional proof of relationship documenting that reunion (even though no ADR was requested from IRCC)?

Does anyone here think it would speed things up?
Submitting extra documents they didn't ask for might not change the timeline process at all OR it might get prolonged since submitting through webform (where you will submit the extra documents) will get you a response in a few days up to months. I think for now you can try getting a TRV for the principal applicant. Not sure why the IRCC is slowing down recently.