+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

jsnalcrz

Apr 1, 2018
Hi Guys!

We applied online as a family, and it's been 10 mos. now from AOR. Our test invite is from the Vancouver office but according to GCMS that I requested last January, we have a secondary office which is Scarborough. We didn't get any update after we passed our exam.

We tried Webform 2x, 1st follow-up was last May 14, and they said it is in process. 2nd follow-up was last June 4 and we didn't get any reply. We approached our MP last June 18, they said they will contact us in 10-15 business days but we haven't heard anything yet.

I know all we can do is wait but until when? I just wanna know why our application takes time but no one was able to give any answers.

Online Submission8-Aug-23
AOR12-Sep-23
Police Clearance request12-Sep-23
Police Clearance Received17-Sep-23
Fingerprint Request25-Sep-23
Fingerprint Received15-Oct-23
Knowledge Test Completed15-Dec-23 / 5-Jan-24

LuckyAngelSweety

Aug 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys!

We applied online as a family, and it's been 10 mos. now from AOR. Our test invite is from the Vancouver office but according to GCMS that I requested last January, we have a secondary office which is Scarborough. We didn't get any update after we passed our exam.

We tried Webform 2x, 1st follow-up was last May 14, and they said it is in process. 2nd follow-up was last June 4 and we didn't get any reply. We approached our MP last June 18, they said they will contact us in 10-15 business days but we haven't heard anything yet.

I know all we can do is wait but until when? I just wanna know why our application takes time but no one was able to give any answers.

Online Submission8-Aug-23
AOR12-Sep-23
Police Clearance request12-Sep-23
Police Clearance Received17-Sep-23
Fingerprint Request25-Sep-23
Fingerprint Received15-Oct-23
Knowledge Test Completed15-Dec-23 / 5-Jan-24
I am in the same boat bro. applied on 30th August 2023 and no update after test passed on 16th Nov 2023. I have followed up multiple times on various channels - calls (multiple), GCMS notes twice, MP thrice. All give the same update that my background check is in progress and they would not be able to help unless it is cleared from the third party. It's just waiting going on... since last 10 months... I have my collegues (multiple) who applied this year and they go it done in 2-3 months. Here me and my family are still waiting....

hihihi

Jan 17, 2024
Pasting the pending cases from August 2023. Friends, please update your statuses.

VKcf01 - Submitted: Aug 20, AOR: Sept 25, BG: Oct 11, Citizenship test: Oct 20 - LPP: Jan 18, 2024 - Oath Not scheduled
ar321 - Submitted: Aug 23, AOR: Oct 10, BG: Nov 7, Citizenship Test: Nov 16 - LPP Jan 17, 2024 - Oath Not Scheduled

Ank1980 - Submitted : Aug 1 , AOR : Sep 19 , BG: Oct 3 , Citizenship Test: Oct 16 - LPP : Outstanding.
Joaliriano - Submitted Aug 15, AOR: Sep 20, BG: Oct 3, Citizenship test: Oct 19 - LPP outstanding
Sywaseem - Submitted: Aug 21, AOR: Oct 5, BG: Outstanding, Citizenship test: Oct 30 - LPP outstanding
D_Grendayzer: Submitted: Aug 26, AOR Oct 12, BG: XXX XX, Citizenship test: Nov 8 - LPP outstanding
Hihihi - Submitted: Aug 21, AOR: Sept 1, BG: Sept 13, Citizenship test: Oct 12 -
LPP May 7, 2024, Oath: scheduled
ihaq56 - Submitted: Aug 18, AOR: Sept 26, BG: Oct 6, Citizenship test: Oct 20 - LPP outstanding
LuckyAngelSweety - Submitted: Aug 30, AOR: Oct 19, BG: In Progress, Citizenship test: Nov 13 - LPP outstanding
xyzxyz - Submitted: Aug 12, AOR: Sept 15, BG: Oct 20, Citizenship test: Oct 18, Fingerprints: Oct 19 - LPP outstanding
My update

Reactions: LuckyAngelSweety

kt1342

Apr 11, 2019
I am in the same boat bro. applied on 30th August 2023 and no update after test passed on 16th Nov 2023. I have followed up multiple times on various channels - calls (multiple), GCMS notes twice, MP thrice. All give the same update that my background check is in progress and they would not be able to help unless it is cleared from the third party. It's just waiting going on... since last 10 months... I have my collegues (multiple) who applied this year and they go it done in 2-3 months. Here me and my family are still waiting....
I'm in the exact same situation down to the same AOR, is your application at the Vancouver office?

harpa

May 8, 2024
I tried multiple channels, latest request was to process the applications individually not as a family but the request is denied, I got an reply that it is done only for emergency situations. My friends who applied in March got their oath. This makes me feel very disappointed.

• Sad
Reactions: LuckyAngelSweety

Sywaseem

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
My MP inquired with Scr office and was told that my application is considered non routine. MP’s advice is to hang tight (basically I can’t so sh*t in this sh**y system).

lost all hopes and signing off till the miracle email/update happens.
Good luck to you all!

Sunshinestate

Star Member
Aug 1, 2023
I'm in the exact same situation down to the same AOR, is your application at the Vancouver office?
Mine is in Vancouver, applied August 2nd. It’s” wonderful “ that they updated the processing time to 7 months now!!! Mine is 11 months so far and no updated since test done in October! I think Vancouver office is one of the worst! I lost all hopes!

harpa

May 8, 2024
My MP inquired with Scr office and was told that my application is considered non routine. MP’s advice is to hang tight (basically I can’t so sh*t in this sh**y system).

lost all hopes and signing off till the miracle email/update happens.
Good luck to you all!
Our application is not non routine, they made it non routine.

ntachi

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
I received my GCMS notes and it was pretty clear that's what pushed my application forward from a forgotten dimension. I supposed they realized it was collecting dust at the Sydney office and it's now happy and well treated at Mississauga.

Lastly, today I saw that language and physical presence were completed 2 days ago! Now only prohibition is in progress. Fingers crossed!