+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

ntachi

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
you just request GCMS and it pushed your application forward? or any other follow ups you did?
Exactly! It was the first note I requested (I have been patient). My application started moving before I received the note, and once I received it I could see that the day the note was opened in their system is when they moved my application from Sydney to Mississauga. That's when they finally sent my test invitation, it was legitimately stuck. That was the only thing I did.

reza_GH

Mar 12, 2024
I'm in the exact same situation down to the same AOR, is your application at the Vancouver office?
I'm also exactly in the same situation, no update after test, had a GU on Oct 27, application at Vancouver office, I have also followed uo through multiple channels and they all gave the same update that my background check is in progress. Basically, no one can help. It seems that we have to just wait but absolutely is super frustrating!!

superpixel

Apr 19, 2018
I'm also exactly in the same situation, no update after test, had a GU on Oct 27, application at Vancouver office, I have also followed uo through multiple channels and they all gave the same update that my background check is in progress. Basically, no one can help. It seems that we have to just wait but absolutely is super frustrating!!
Same situation here, same office same timeline. No updates nothing. Called IRCC yesterday and I asked if they thought their service was good, they said of course it's fair and good. I was speechless.

And I am in communication with my local MP, they are not useful either. What they are doing now is just emailing IRCC to obtain status.

reza_GH

Mar 12, 2024
Same situation here, same office same timeline. No updates nothing. Called IRCC yesterday and I asked if they thought their service was good, they said of course it's fair and good. I was speechless.

And I am in communication with my local MP, they are not useful either. What they are doing now is just emailing IRCC to obtain status.
Absolutely frustrating, thanks for sharing since we are exactly in a same situations!!!

Cool2021

Jul 30, 2021
Type: Online Application
Application: Single
AOR: August 21, 2023
Test Passed: Sep 14, 2024
Interview in Person: April 16, 2024
Only Test: Tracker Updated

My application is stuck in security clearance. I don’t know what to do.

joaliriano

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020

Same here! My husband's application is stuck. We got our notes, and his application says 'pending clearance.' Mine looks like its all good, won't it move until they complete his background check. We've done everything—calling IRCC multiple times, contacting our MP—but nothing works. It's ridiculous!

jsnalcrz

Apr 1, 2018
Same here! My husband's application is stuck. We got our notes, and his application says 'pending clearance.' Mine looks like its all good, won't it move until they complete his background check. We've done everything—calling IRCC multiple times, contacting our MP—but nothing works. It's ridiculous!
Hi! Which section of the notes did you see the "pending clearance"?

Shaer

Jul 15, 2024
Primary Office: Vancouver
Secondary Office: Sydney
Event Office: Winnipeg
Application: Family - One adult two Minors
Submission: 15 December, 2023
AOR: 3rd Jan, 2024
Test Passed: 21 Feb, 2024
ATIP, GCMS notes, MP, CALLS, Nothing is useful
Notes show: E- Grant pending Clearance
Sub activity: CIT Security Screening
Requested: 27 March 2024
Updated: 3 April 2024 which is the last move.
one note shows that: ICES was requested via Group- and Received and file updated in incoming correspondences.
requested: 16 May 2024
received: 21 May 2024

It is a stressful situation to me and my family any clue guys about these days and notes

Shaer

Jul 15, 2024
Primary Office: Vancouver
Secondary Office: Sydney
Event Office: Winnipeg
Application: Family - One adult two Minors
Submission: 15 December, 2023
AOR: 3rd Jan, 2024
Test Passed: 21 Feb, 2024
ATIP, GCMS notes, MP, CALLS, Nothing is useful
Notes show: E- Grant pending Clearance
Sub activity: CIT Security Screening
Requested: 27 March 2024
Updated: 3 April 2024 which is the last move.
one note shows that: ICES was requested via Group- and Received and file updated in incoming correspondences.
requested: 16 May 2024
received: 21 May 2024

It is a stressful situation for me and my family any clue guys about these days and notes
Guys, I have some specific questions if someone can help:
1- Did anyone experience or think about withdrawing the application and resubmitting as long the new applications are moving super fast within 3 months?
2- Generally, do the due dates for LPP sections ( Mine Showing Dec 2024) mean anything? When I called IRCC they said we don't see even these dates
3- I noticed a general scheme that your application will be processed within the processing time that was posted when you submitted your application, I'm worried that I'm stuck with security clearance and i hope we can do something as a group of people to raise our voice in this regard through media what do you think?
your feedback will be highly appreciated