Submitted along with the application
File Transfer...
No Idea when they transfered it.
Med's Request
25/04/2013
Med's Done....
30/04/2013
Interview........
I hope i don't have to go through this...
Passport Req..
Waiting ...
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pari_p said:
Nope mine is back home! but we got married here in Canada, he was here for 6 months last year! I am from London, Ontario :)
aww sweet. well thats good to hear. Hopefully we gonna get get it quick... Just a bit more wait....:)

Ceclina

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/30/2013
AOR Received.
29/11/2013
Hi guys,
I applied last August and got a confirmation email on August 31st, 2012.
I haven't heard anything from CIC since then and I'm worried about it.
Do you think it is normal to wait for medical request that long?

Thanks in advance!

shuosho

Jun 4, 2013
Ceclina said:
Hi guys,
I applied last August and got a confirmation email on August 31st, 2012.
I haven't heard anything from CIC since then and I'm worried about it.
Do you think it is normal to wait for medical request that long?

Thanks in advance!
my situation is samiler to you...
they got my application by August 30th, 2012
i got my FN on Sept 24th....and nothing is updated after that....any suggestions please??

Anamadheya

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Aug 2012
AOR Received.
5th Sep 2012
Med's Request
7th May 2013
Med's Done....
8th April 2013
Passport Req..
6th June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
14th June 2013
shuosho said:
my situation is samiler to you...
they got my application by August 30th, 2012
i got my FN on Sept 24th....and nothing is updated after that....any suggestions please??
It's not abnormal I would say, one of my friend who applied in July got Medicals yesterday!

keepmeposted

Feb 7, 2012
Hey guys,

CIC received my application on Aug 14 and I received FN in early Sept but I haven't heard anything from them yet. I know a lot of people from this forum have received ME. Is it normal that the wait time is this long?

Also, I switched to a different employer after I sent out my application but I didn't sent in an employment letter from my new employer. I phoned CIC at that time and was confirmed by several agents that I did not need to so I just updated my address with them. Would this be an issue (not submit a new employment letter)?

Thanks.

Anamadheya

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Aug 2012
AOR Received.
5th Sep 2012
Med's Request
7th May 2013
Med's Done....
8th April 2013
Passport Req..
6th June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
14th June 2013
keepmeposted said:
Hey guys,

CIC received my application on Aug 14 and I received FN in early Sept but I haven't heard anything from them yet. I know a lot of people from this forum have received ME. Is it normal that the wait time is this long?

Also, I switched to a different employer after I sent out my application but I didn't sent in an employment letter from my new employer. I phoned CIC at that time and was confirmed by several agents that I did not need to so I just updated my address with them. Would this be an issue (not submit a new employment letter)?

Thanks.
That would not be an issue, I have asked the same question to CIC and I got this response
With regards to change of employer, our mandate prevents us to provide any counsel on case-specific information.
However, please note that the decision will be based on the documentation provided at the time of the application.

Hang on for a while, meanwhile you can request for GCMS notes.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Anamadheya said:
That would not be an issue, I have asked the same question to CIC and I got this response
With regards to change of employer, our mandate prevents us to provide any counsel on case-specific information.
However, please note that the decision will be based on the documentation provided at the time of the application.

@ keepmeposted,

Yes, Anamadheya - is right. It doesnt matter if you changed jobs or even left the job the day after you filed for CEC application - CIC evaluates your CEC application based on the information provided upto the date of application. If you fulfill the requirements up to the application date - you have nothing to worry about.

PB02

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
pari_p said:
Nope mine is back home! but we got married here in Canada, he was here for 6 months last year! I am from London, Ontario :)
Hey pari_p if you don't mind can I ask you a question?
If you got married in Ontario....did you submit the Long Form Marriage Certificate or a File Size Certificate?

The reason I am asking is that when I sent the documents to add my spouse, I sent the Long Form Certificate and received an email from CIC stating that I need to submit my Marriage Certificate...I tried to clarify that I have submitted the marriage certificate but they again replied that they need my marriage certificate...so I ordered a File Size marriage certificate from Service Ontario and submitted it.

Was just curious if someone was in a same situation as well!

davis

Jun 5, 2013
Hi everybody, I applied CEC in Aug.10th 2012. Just got GCMS notes last week and found Review Required in the Eligibility check. In the text part it said "less than two years experience appears evident....", I found the reference letter I provided was dated in Mar. 2012 even it clearly stated my job is from Aug.2010 to Aug.2014. I am worried and need suggestions. Would it be correct that I send them a letter with my T4 and salary notes since March 2012 before my files are reviewed?

keepmeposted

Feb 7, 2012
Anamadheya said:

Thanks for your reply. Do you mind telling me what GCMS notes is?

keepmeposted

Feb 7, 2012
Anamadheya said:

I am new to the forum and it is the first time that I heard of GCMS Notes. Could you please explain what is it for and how to request it? Thanks very much.

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you apply for GCMS it will list all the process done on your application ... It gives all the information right from beginning ,,,,

Usually people will be applying for it after 6-7 months or receiving the aor, so that they can check what's the status of your application

Below is the link to make the request, and I will take approx 30 days

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

vijayarr

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2013 (Myself), Added spouse to the existing application 20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
28-01-2014 (Spouse relationship questionnaire)
AOR Received.
06-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
6-01-2014 (Myself), 24-01-2014 (Upfront medicals for Spouse)
davis said:
Hi everybody, I applied CEC in Aug.10th 2012. Just got GCMS notes last week and found Review Required in the Eligibility check. In the text part it said "less than two years experience appears evident....", I found the reference letter I provided was dated in Mar. 2012 even it clearly stated my job is from Aug.2010 to Aug.2014. I am worried and need suggestions. Would it be correct that I send them a letter with my T4 and salary notes since March 2012 before my files are reviewed?
I think there was a slight misunderstanding.. The date on your reference letter (March 2012) is treated as the cut off date for your experience which falls short by 5 months from the expected 2 years work experience. That explains why they have mentioned that your experience is less than two years. You might be able to remedy this by submitting a new reference letter ( where the content will be similar to the old one) but with the current date and yes you will need updated T4s and NOA . Pay stubs are optional if you can send in the T4, NOA and reference letter. Having said that, despite doing all this it's not guaranteed that you will get accepted but you have no choice at the moment. Also, if possible write an explanation letter on how you made a small boo boo in the reference letter date and your trying to rectify that with this new updated reference letter.. make it sound like a genuine mistake and you might get the benefit of doubt .From my understanding , usually they don't consider updated reference letters . So keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best!

kevin220

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2171, 2173 and 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2012
AOR Received.
28-08-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
26-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2013
LANDED..........
20-08-2013
@Davis

I second everything Vijayrr mentioned. At this point only option you have is to send an updated reference letter from your employer changing only the date of issuance.
We can only hope that officer will be satisfied with it. Or else I am afraid it will be bad news.