+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2012 Applicants Thread =)

firen05

Jan 12, 2013
elixir said:
I m sept applicant and NDVO has my passport since nov 2012....but by the looks of it you should be getting some updates pretty soon..
ohhh, hope we will get the good news soon... :)

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The situation that we go through, no body talks about it in the media. Peoples life change in the course of this process. I have heard that relationships break up when wait becomes too long.

The Canadian public sure doesn't have a clue what is going on.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
goodman36 said:
The situation that we go through, no body talks about it in the media. Peoples life change in the course of this process. I have heard that relationships break up when wait becomes too long.

The Canadian public sure doesn't have a clue what is going on.
I agree, no one understands what it is we go through in order to be with our loved ones. Even my own friends, sure they listen and try to help when I'm venting and frustrated with the process but I know they just have no idea how it actually feels to go through this. And it's because no one talks about it, not in the media or any where else that people would see it.

I would never break up with my wife just because the wait was too long though, the way I see it, any amount of time is worth it if I get to be with her in the end.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Shylox said:
I would never break up with my wife just because the wait was too long though, the way I see it, any amount of time is worth it if I get to be with her in the end.
I hope you let her know that, and not just us! It's a wonderful sentiment.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
IvanP said:
I hope you let her know that, and not just us! It's a wonderful sentiment.
Oh she knows it, I've been saying that since we started this long distance relationship almost 8 years ago =)

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
Shylox said:
Oh she knows it, I've been saying that since we started this long distance relationship almost 8 years ago =)
That is very sweet!

And yes, I agree. All you see in the news about immigration relates to scams. Like they say, it's not news that the dog bites the human; it's only news that the human bites the dog (that's the saying here in Chile anyway ??? ??? :p) -- It doesn't matter that most of us are good and really love our spouses, the real news are the bunch that try to trick the system :(

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
kyc221 said:
That is very sweet!

And yes, I agree. All you see in the news about immigration relates to scams. Like they say, it's not news that the dog bites the human; it's only news that the human bites the dog (that's the saying here in Chile anyway ??? ??? :p) -- It doesn't matter that most of us are good and really love our spouses, the real news are the bunch that try to trick the system :(
I've never heard that saying before, but it's totally true! And I'm sure that's why people view immigration in general(in the US and Canada) as such a bad thing, because they don't realize that most of the people trying to do it are perfectly good citizens, the media makes us all seem like a burden, people who use tax dollars and take away jobs :(

It's the worst in the southern US states, people there look at anyone with even a slight Latino/Mexican appearance like they just hopped over the border and are on the run, and of course this is not the case. Ugh, I think I have just lost all hope for the human race as a whole lol We should have all been wiped out during that last "apocalypse".

JMStargazer

Oct 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/08/2012
AOR Received.
02/09/2012
File Transfer...
04/09/2012
Med's Done....
29/03/2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
12/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
13/03/2013
Shylox said:
It's the worst in the southern US states, people there look at anyone with even a slight Latino/Mexican appearance like they just hopped over the border and are on the run, and of course this is not the case.
That sentiment is just as prevalent in "liberal" Oregon. It's really gross. In fact, Oregon once had the dubious honour of hosting the largest KKK chapter west of the Mississippi, and it's still one of the least ethnically-diverse states in America.

And a funny side note: I was recently flipping through my old high school yearbooks (from the early/mid-90's) with some friends and they asked me why there were SO many white people in my school! There were several Hispanic kids and exactly TWO Asian kids in my school...I literally NEVER saw any ethnic diversity (except on TV) until after I graduated high school.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
JMStargazer said:
That sentiment is just as prevalent in "liberal" Oregon. It's really gross. In fact, Oregon once had the dubious honour of hosting the largest KKK chapter west of the Mississippi, and it's still one of the least ethnically-diverse states in America.

And a funny side note: I was recently flipping through my old high school yearbooks (from the early/mid-90's) with some friends and they asked me why there were SO many white people in my school! There were several Hispanic kids and exactly TWO Asian kids in my school...I literally NEVER saw any ethnic diversity (except on TV) until after I graduated high school.
It was the same when I was in school in PA, in fact in elementary school there were two schools in two different "boroughs" which were really only 10 minutes away from each other and all of the white kids went to one school and all of the black kids went to another. Mostly it was because of the boroughs and the schools saying that you cant go to a school outside of the borough that you live in, and it just so happened that the population was that different in the two boroughs. But none of them cared that it made so neither group of kids were exposed to any kind of diversity until we entered middle/high school where the two schools merged. Even then, I don't think we had more than a handful of asians or hispanics around. *sigh* Some "melting pot" that country is, huh? ::)

GeeO

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott -> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2012
File Transfer...
11-10-2012
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-07-2012
Interview........
07-01-2014
Passport Req..
22-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
Hello.....
I just checked the spreadsheet, it shows I am in September but my dates are August.
Is there a reason why I am showing in september?
I know it doesnt matter or help CIC speed up my process....lol...but maybe I would feel better if I was in August. LOL

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
GeeO said:
Hello.....
I just checked the spreadsheet, it shows I am in September but my dates are August.
I know it doesnt matter or help CIC speed up my process....lol...but maybe I would feel better if I was in August. LOL
Because you posted in the September thread duuuh lol
You should PM IvanP to update the spreadsheet for September and the one in Ottawa if you there too ;)

kfair001

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2012
AOR Received.
October 12, 2012
File Transfer...
October 12, 2012
Med's Done....
June 25, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2013
LANDED..........
May 27, 2013
GeeO said:
Hello.....
Hey GeeO, we have similar timelines. Just wondering why your visa office is Detroit? I'm sponsoring my American common law boyfriend. My visa office is Ottawa so i was just curious. Thx :)

GeeO

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott -> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2012
File Transfer...
11-10-2012
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-07-2012
Interview........
07-01-2014
Passport Req..
22-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
kfair001 said:
Hey GeeO, we have similar timelines. Just wondering why your visa office is Detroit? I'm sponsoring my American common law boyfriend. My visa office is Ottawa so i was just curious. Thx :)
Hey its actually Ottawa, that was my misunderstanding to put Detroit because of the area in the form that asked for nearest visa office.

GeeO

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott -> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2012
File Transfer...
11-10-2012
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-07-2012
Interview........
07-01-2014
Passport Req..
22-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
lunas said:
Because you posted in the September thread duuuh lol
You should PM IvanP to update the spreadsheet for September and the one in Ottawa if you there too ;)
LOL! Okay...let me go and figure out how to PM now...Brrrr

kfair001

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2012
AOR Received.
October 12, 2012
File Transfer...
October 12, 2012
Med's Done....
June 25, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2013
LANDED..........
May 27, 2013
GeeO said:
Hey its actually Ottawa, that was my misunderstanding to put Detroit because of the area in the form that asked for nearest visa office.
Oh ok that's what I thought. When I spoke to the consultants helping with our application they told us to leave it blank bc the buffalo office had just closed and they weren't sure where they were being sent. then I was advised that it was Ottawa so I was just wondering.

Good luck to you in this process. Hope to see some movement on your application soon bc that means I won't be far behind hopefully!! Good luck!!!