+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2012 Applicants Thread =)

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would like to see all comply with these basics so as to leave the agents free to answer legitimate concerns.

linh14

Star Member
Dec 23, 2010
CIC received MRS.WINTER and Remrov package on 8 August, same as mine. and they already got AOR or sponsor approval. Im nervous about me. My hubby received nothing, the UIC number still doesnt work. (cuz this our 2nd attempt) . Im happy that its go fast in CIC , but anxiety and nervous too. God.. i wont sleep tonite and the next many nights!

Good luck to all. Mother nature bless us!

Linh

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
learn to sleep....your going to have to.

Maybe pray before bed?

Fact is we're at their mercy, and the process isn't always fair....but we're at their mercy. Sorry but there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it but wait.....

Maybe take up a hobby? I play music....it helps

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
With the exception of yesterdays hiccup, I've just been embracing this experience as I would any other. I've come to terms with the fact that I will spend the majority of the next year or so(hopefully less!) waiting, and that's just how it has to be if I want to live with my wife. There is no point in calling CIC unless I notice a problem arising with my application because I know that at some point, they will get to me. There's also no point in whining about how the system is unfair and not sequential because it's the same deal with any system, and even with life.

My advice to you, linh14, is to try and forget about your application for a while, forget about the fact that some people have gotten AOR and remember that the average wait time is still 66 days, so don't expect to hear anything until then. If you do, then great! But sitting there expecting to be one of the lucky people who hear back early just isn't a good idea. Just stay positive.

What I've been doing is keeping an eye on June and July and watching them fill up, it helps show you that there is indeed progress and they are in fact getting closer to your application, no, it wont be in order but with every application they finish that's one less in the way of yours ;-) Good luck, and I hope that you get some rest.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While the spreadsheets indicate a trend.....the fact is the users on them represent....a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny number of the applications actually being sent in. So one can conclude the magnitude of applications getting through the cracks and processed quicker....and in retrospect the applications waiting longer than normal.

And....in my opinion this is unacceptable, and I'll whine about it as much as I want, and as much as I can, and to as many people as I can....

Because, again, I payed for it, my parents payed for it, my parents parents payed for it etc.....you get the idea.

I myself work for a very large company with an entire office building floor dedicated to document control and revision archiving for all offices throughout Canada and the world....and we have no problem regulating that......just saying....

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013
Luckyman said:
While the spreadsheets indicate a trend.....the fact is the users on them represent....a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny number of the applications actually being sent in. So one can conclude the magnitude of applications getting through the cracks and processed quicker....and in retrospect the applications waiting longer than normal.

And....in my opinion this is unacceptable, and I'll whine about it as much as I want, and as much as I can, and to as many people as I can....

Because, again, I payed for it, my parents payed for it, my parents parents payed for it etc.....you get the idea.

I myself work for a very large company with an entire office building floor dedicated to document control and revision archiving for all offices throughout Canada and the world....and we have no problem regulating that......just saying....

complaining and whining will not get us somewhere while our application is still within the processing times, that's just my opinion though...
lets just keep our patience and be positive,... ;)

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Complaining about a corrupt service we pay for DOES get people places, as it's the basis behind democracy,......and I will continue to exercise my right, in hopes that someone hears the concern and does something about it for those of the future......not just in this forum, but to everyone I encounter...including my MP.

Maybe someday the process can be regulated to reduce the strain on everybody during these trying times. Note that if I didn't care enough I wouldn't have warned about the document revision issue, and as we are all in the same boat, I truly understand everyone's pain, I would love to be a little more proud of my country, and use my right as a Canadian to help.

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013
as long as cic will process our applications within the processing times, i don't see anything to complain about.
you should be proud of your country and being a Canadian, as i myself is really proud to have a Canadian wife.
i assume all immigration applicants here thinks Canada is a better place to be that's why we are doing this process...
we submitted our application 3rd week of July and until now we haven't had result yet but my wife and i are pretty optimistic
we will get the sponsorship approval within their 66 days processing time...

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope so for you....best of luck, and happy processing. Note that Canada is a great place for the most part, but the only reason We're in the process is because we fell in love from 2 different countries...and Canada won the toss because my daughter is here.....otherwise...Philippines would be my place, haha.

But my point is....for every application that is opened sooner than it's supposed to be, there are others that wait longer, quicker applications should not be at the expense of others misfortune....and that, I am not proud of.

Everyone should have a fair process.

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013
Luckyman said:
But my point is....for every application that is opened sooner than it's supposed to be, there are others that wait longer, quicker applications should not be at the expense of others misfortune....and that, I am not proud of.

Everyone should have a fair process.

i totally agree...

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Luckyman I think you took what I said the wrong way, and I wasn't directing it at you anyway. I was simply trying to help linh14 understand an easier way to get through this long waiting process.

I know it's not fair, I come from the US, where things are more corrupt than you can imagine. I guess in some sort of sad way, I'm just used to being treated this way. Its a way of life. There's no use fighting it because you won't win. I'm not trying to argue with you because that I also won't win. That's just how it is and I'm willing to take it or leave it because it could be much worse, I could not have a chance at all to be with my wife, I'm so lucky to have this one opportunity. She can't even move to the US legally because of their even more corrupt system, so just be glad you're dealing with Canada and not the US or some other country.

In short, remember there is a silver lining and that karma does exist so those who do wrong to others will get what is coming to them(aka CIC). ;D

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
Oh man, now because of the complainers I don't think I want to tell when my husband has been approved :-X

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013
Luckyman said:
I hope so for you....best of luck, and happy processing. Note that Canada is a great place for the most part, but the only reason We're in the process is because we fell in love from 2 different countries...and Canada won the toss because my daughter is here.....otherwise...Philippines would be my place, haha.
that's the most that my wife and i can do for now....HOPE and PRAY that we get lucky...
and yes you are right the main reason for this process is we are from 2 different countries, and to tell you honestly, you are lucky to be born
Canadian. Canada is one of the best country in my own opinion.... by the way, i am a Filipino...

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
lunas said:
Oh man, now because of the complainers I don't think I want to tell when my husband has been approved :-X
No, don't let anyone hold you back from your happiness and excitement, you shouldn't feel guilty for being so lucky! We will all be happy for you, even Luckyman will. Just because they see it as unfair doesn't mean they won't be happy for you =)

They aren't bad people, they just deal with the stress of this whole process differently, which is perfectly fine.