Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Remrov said:
Hello everybody,

We recieved a mail from the CIC today (sept 10th). It says that my boyfriend has met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The application has been forwarded to the Visa office in Vienna for the rest of the process for the application for perminent residence for me. The letter also says that we can start with the Quebec part.

Now I was wondering. I'm going to visit my boyfriend in Montreal Next Monday and we plan to send the forms and the documents for the Quebec part Wednessday the 19th. Does anybody think this is too late?

We were pretty surprised actually that this came in so fast. Or is this normal?
Wow congrats! You're the first person from this thread to get sponsor approval =D Two others got AOR but no approvals yet. It does seem pretty fast, but hey, feel lucky! haha

Remrov

May 16, 2012
Thank you!!!

But does it matter if we send the forms for Quebec 9 days after now. Isn't that too late?
I mean...do they expect us to send it immidiately after the approved sponsorship letter of the CIC?

And what I'm also wondering about:
The CIC has forwarded our application to the Vienna offcie in Austria, but we have to send the Quebec forms and documents to an office in Montreal. HOw does this work? Two different offices working on our application at the same time?

I don't really understand this.

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
August? Already? wowwowowow congrats!! ;D

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED :)
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 9 :)
Remrov said:
Hello everybody,

We recieved a mail from the CIC today (sept 10th). It says that my boyfriend has met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The application has been forwarded to the Visa office in Vienna for the rest of the process for the application for perminent residence for me. The letter also says that we can start with the Quebec part.

Now I was wondering. I'm going to visit my boyfriend in Montreal Next Monday and we plan to send the forms and the documents for the Quebec part Wednessday the 19th. Does anybody think this is too late?

Congrats!!!

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
Remrov said:
Thank you!!!

But does it matter if we send the forms for Quebec 9 days after now. Isn't that too late?
I mean...do they expect us to send it immidiately after the approved sponsorship letter of the CIC?

And what I'm also wondering about:
The CIC has forwarded our application to the Vienna offcie in Austria, but we have to send the Quebec forms and documents to an office in Montreal. HOw does this work? Two different offices working on our application at the same time?

I don't really understand this.
I don't know the answer to your question, but congrats on the approval!!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Remrov said:
Hello everybody,

congrats on your approval...that is amazing.......and no it will not be too late to file on the 19th...but don't delay much longer!!! ;D

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
I'm freaking out because I was out of the house earlier today and came back to find a notice from Purolator on my door saying that I missed them and that I can pick up my package at their location. The scary part is that I haven't ordered anything and wasn't expecting a package, so I went to the Purolator website and typed in the tracking code on the note they left and discovered that it's a package sent from Ontario, but it doesn't say the address so I'm not 100% sure where it's from.

I think it might be my app getting either returned/refused because of old forms or something. Does anyone know if they usually return packages with Purolator? Ugh, I have no idea where this package is from. But does anyone know if it could be from CIC? :( :(

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Shylox said:
I'm freaking out because I was out of the house earlier today and came back to find a notice from Purolator on my door saying that I missed them and that I can pick up my package at their location. The scary part is that I haven't ordered anything and wasn't expecting a package, so I went to the Purolator website and typed in the tracking code on the note they left and discovered that it's a package sent from Ontario, but it doesn't say the address so I'm not 100% sure where it's from.

I think it might be my app getting either returned/refused because of old forms or something. Does anyone know if they usually return packages with Purolator? Ugh, I have no idea where this package is from. But does anyone know if it could be from CIC? :( :(
I believe that they do use Purolator....but not 100% sure.......

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
KJG said:
I believe that they do use Purolator....but not 100% sure.......
:( I can't think of why they would return my app other than the forms I used from February. Either that or its because the doctors office I went to never gave me my copy of the form and I could never get a hold of them so I called CIC and they told me to send all of the original receipts and a letter explaining why it was missing and that I should be fine with that. I confirmed with a few members here as well.

I have no idea, but this is very upsetting and I can't even go pick it up until tomorrow because I guess they still have it on their truck. :( :( :( :(

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Shylox said:
:( I can't think of why they would return my app other than the forms I used from February. Either that or its because the doctors office I went to never gave me my copy of the form and I could never get a hold of them so I called CIC and they told me to send all of the original receipts and a letter explaining why it was missing and that I should be fine with that. I confirmed with a few members here as well.

I have no idea, but this is very upsetting and I can't even go pick it up until tomorrow because I guess they still have it on their truck. :( :( :( :(
okay....well those forms should be okay......so it might be the medical but again you have already dealt with that situation.....are you sure there is nothing else from Ontario that you are expecting.......if it is your application let us hope that you have been given a UCI# and file# so if it is, you can send back and be processed right away...... :( :(

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
KJG said:
okay....well those forms should be okay......so it might be the medical but again you have already dealt with that situation.....are you sure there is nothing else from Ontario that you are expecting.......if it is your application let us hope that you have been given a UCI# and file# so if it is, you can send back and be processed right away...... :( :(
I'm like, 100% sure I haven't ordered anything, I have something coming from LA but that's with UPS and I have a tracking number for it. I also noticed that it was mailed to my wife's name(my sponsor), would they return it to her?

I really wish I could just go deal with this right now but they say I can't do anything until tomorrow so I guess I have no choice but to wait. I'm hoping they'll give me a number and everything, but who knows. If not then I'll probably have to redo my background check again and that takes forever to get back =\

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Shylox said:
I'm like, 100% sure I haven't ordered anything, I have something coming from LA but that's with UPS and I have a tracking number for it. I also noticed that it was mailed to my wife's name(my sponsor), would they return it to her?

I really wish I could just go deal with this right now but they say I can't do anything until tomorrow so I guess I have no choice but to wait. I'm hoping they'll give me a number and everything, but who knows. If not then I'll probably have to redo my background check again and that takes forever to get back =\
yes it would be sent back to the sponsor.......fingers crossed that there is a letter in there with those two numbers.....sometimes if it is just a signature missing only the one form gets sent back so here's hoping it is something small and you can turn around and send it right back if in fact it is your app........

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
KJG said:
yes it would be sent back to the sponsor.......fingers crossed that there is a letter in there with those two numbers.....sometimes if it is just a signature missing only the one form gets sent back so here's hoping it is something small and you can turn around and send it right back if in fact it is your app........
Thank you for the hopeful comments, I can't imagine it being anything other than the medical paper or like you mentioned a missing signature. We went over the forms and the checklist a million times and everything was there.

I'm calmed down now, just focusing on the positive that it could be something easily fixed, but I guess I'll be a September applicant now :(

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED :)
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 9 :)
Shylox said:
Thank you for the hopeful comments, I can't imagine it being anything other than the medical paper or like you mentioned a missing signature. We went over the forms and the checklist a million times and everything was there.

I'm calmed down now, just focusing on the positive that it could be something easily fixed, but I guess I'll be a September applicant now :(
When I had a package returned, it was returned with Canada Post. However, my package was pretty small, probably about a pound or so.