+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2024 AOR

priyankabhalla

Star Member
Mar 12, 2024
Nope I didn’t get FD or PPR yet

but it was a generic email seems like a formality
Well, congratulations to you! Pre arrival mail is still a very good news
Your case gives me hope, I also have no updates yet. Didnt even start with my eligibility acc to tracker. But I guess I also directly get something like this

Reactions: @canae22

priyankabhalla

Star Member
Mar 12, 2024
I really think it’s for formality because some people who already got PPR reported receiving pre-arrival emails as well. We’ll continue to wait.
Well, as far as I know, a pre arrival letter means that you are almost through with your application and you should be getting your FD within a week or two. Thats good news
I still havent received any email so Im really worried for myself

priyankabhalla

Star Member
Mar 12, 2024
It is an email that introduces you to various pre-arrival services for settlement. Wrote about it here a few minutes ago in response to someone else's similar comment: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/march-2024-aor.839159/post-10867376
Oh got it.
I guess everyone between 1st to 3rd April AORs have got this mail. I am a 6th April AOR so maybe I will get it later. Anyway, it doesnt hold much significance going by what you said right

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Oh got it.
I guess everyone between 1st to 3rd April AORs have got this mail. I am a 6th April AOR so maybe I will get it later. Anyway, it doesnt hold much significance going by what you said right
It is not necessary that you'll get this email before your PPR/RFV. Most don't get it before their approval. Pre-arrival services helpful if you want to understand things like cultural norms, gain basic understanding of housing, things around regulated professions, etc.

Reactions: priyankabhalla

Serendipity...

Apr 5, 2024
It is not necessary that you'll get this email before your PPR/RFV. Most don't get it before their approval. Pre-arrival services helpful if you want to understand things like cultural norms, gain basic understanding of housing, things around regulated professions, etc.
Will add that for those that will receive RFV mails, you'll also get that portion in the PPR letter... So don't worry if you don't get a seperate pre-arrival services letter. As has been said most don't receive it... It used to come from specific Visa offices like Montreal, RROC etc.

I guess they were just sending those letters in batches.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay