+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Toto12345

Aug 10, 2023
Glad to see folks having SCR as their office getting LPP completed!!
Hey Buddy! I have similar process.

Type: Online application
Application: Single
Physical Days: 1,112
Application sent: April 19, 2023
AOR: May 11, 2023
Background verification completed: June 14, 2023
Test Appearance: June 23, 2023
Test Marked Completed: June 27, 2023
LPP: In progress

You mentioned that office is Scourbrough. However, you wrote Missssauga as a location in detail. Can you clarify me?

Hopeful0403

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Hey Buddy! I have similar process.

Application: Single
Physical Days: 1,112
Application sent: April 19, 2023
AOR: May 11, 2023
Background verification completed: June 14, 2023
Test Appearance: June 23, 2023
Test Marked Completed: June 27, 2023
LPP: In progress

You mentioned that office is Scourbrough. However, you wrote Missssauga as a location in detail. Can you clarify me?
I live in Mississauga. My test email was sent from Scarborough office.

hkned1

Mar 11, 2018
Yes, parents applying together with a minor can apply online

As a minor, the minor must:

• be under 18 years of age on the day you sign the application
  • be a permanent resident (landed immigrant) of Canada
  • have at least one parent (includes legally adoptive parent) who is a Canadian citizen or who will become a citizen at the same time as you (applying together as a family)
  • can’t have any unfulfilled conditions relating to their permanent resident status
  • can’t be under a removal order (asked by Canadian officials to leave Canada)
  • can’t be inadmissible or prohibited on criminal or security grounds.

EDIT: if you use the screening tool, you can clearly see that minor applying with at least one parent who will become a citizen together at the same time can apply online

https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/screening

Hi Friends,
I am applying online citizenship application. I need to know what form need to select for my children under 18/ minor. It should be either 5(1) OR 5(2). Which form need to fill, if all members are PR holders & parents applying for Canadian citizenship together with family.
Can some body will help me.

Thank in advance.

Regards
hashmat

Last edited:

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hi Everyone

I have a paper application that is stuck on BG check due to delay from RCMP. Got a request to submit fingerprints on 5th July, submitted on 7th July and even until today the RCMP have not passed any information to IRCC. Just like other government agencies RCMP is also pathetic. Their phone line is shut and they are only accepting emails and not even responding to those emails. I sent them a status check message about 2 weeks ago, waited for 13 days and sent a follow up email but no response or progress. Any tips/advice to get the application moving?
Same here. This is when the federal workforce has almost doubled in Last few years. IRCC cust helpline I possible to ge through. RCMP doesn’t respond to emails. I am also stuck

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hi Guys,

Just got off the phone with an IRCC agent, he confirmed that FP was received and the security check is cleared however, BG includes more than just security check and other aspects are still reviewed, BG section is completed around 66%, he said offices are bit slow due to summer holidays so little delay can be expected. one can only sit back and wait.
What did time do you call. I am just not able to get thru

jonathanvaz69

Nov 27, 2018
Update

Physical Presence Days: 1217
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: 2023-04-11
Delivered: 2023-04-11
AOR: 2023-04-27
Test Invite: 2023-06-16
Test Completed (Online): 2023-07-03
Test Status updated: 2023-07-06
LPP Completed: 2023-08-11

Reactions: yoge and HB9

hkned1

Mar 11, 2018
Hi Friends,
I am applying online citizenship application. I need to know what form need to select for my children under 18/ minor. It should be either 5(1) OR 5(2). Which form need to fill, if all members are PR holders & parents applying for Canadian citizenship together with family.

Thank in advance.

Regards
hashmat

Goga86

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney->Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
04-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2020
Med's Done....
27-02-2020
Interview........
29-10-2020
Hi Friends,

Thank in advance.

Regards
hashmat
In your online account only one option for this, everything simple, just follow the instructions.

freeze

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
11-04-2016 upfront
For those who took the oath and selected e-certificate. How long did you have to wait? I took the oath last Thursday and it is Tue today and yet to get it.
Same here. Had mine on the 8th. Nothing yet. And Vancouver which is apparently fast, works the case.

coolcanada123

Aug 26, 2020
Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask where I can contact IRCC if I need to ask for the oath-taking instructions. On my tracker, I have been invited to do the oath-taking but haven't received any email from them. The oath-taking is in 6 calendar days. Please help. thanks
Could you please update here on how you are proceeding here and what their response if you contacted them via email or phone call.

My tracker got updated on August 10th, with the message that our Oath will be on September 11th, but didn't received the oath invitation letter yet. So, preparing myself to followup if we don't receive the invitation for some more time.

Others, how long does it generally takes to receive the Oath invitation letter after the tracker was updated with Oath date. Did anyone else here was in the same boat, i.e the didn't receive the letter until very close to the oath date and what was the steps to follow to resolve the situation.

vihang1397

Apr 3, 2018
Hi admin, please add me to the tracker for April 2023 application:

Physical Presence Days: 1792
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: Apr 7 2023
Delivered: Apr 7 2023
AOR: Apr 25 2023

Thanks!
Hi Admins,

a few more dates to be updated here:

Background check complete: June 14th 2023
Test invite: June 29th 2023
Test date: July 7th 2023
Test complete: July 17th 2023

Thanks!

Reactions: yoge

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
Hi Guys,

Just got off the phone with an IRCC agent, he confirmed that FP was received and the security check is cleared however, BG includes more than just security check and other aspects are still reviewed, BG section is completed around 66%, he said offices are bit slow due to summer holidays so little delay can be expected. one can only sit back and wait.
It was nice he said 66%
My security was cleared in june and criminal is still pending :(