+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

coolcanada123

Aug 26, 2020
We are a family of 4 (2 adults + 2 child), who applied using paper application. All of us got AOR on May 30, 2023 and background of 2 adults and 1 child was completed on June 19, 2023, and 2 adults got test invite and tests are marked complete on July 12, 2023. But, there is no progress on 1 child application as everything including the background is still showing processing.

Did anyone else encountered this and the remaining application eventually caught up or something can be a problem with that application. Is there any use if I contact them or would it be better to just wait to hear one way or other?

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
We are a family of 4 (2 adults + 2 child), who applied using paper application. All of us got AOR on May 30, 2023 and background of 2 adults and 1 child was completed on June 19, 2023, and 2 adults got test invite and tests are marked complete on July 12, 2023. But, there is no progress on 1 child application as everything including the background is still showing processing.

Did anyone else encountered this and the remaining application eventually caught up or something can be a problem with that application. Is there any use if I contact them or would it be better to just wait to hear one way or other?
It’s normal, kid’s application don’t usually get updates. In my child’s case, only Prohibitions got updated to completed, and everything else was either not started or in progress. After prohibitions, I also saw Oath scheduled in the child’s tracker same day as mine.

yankyridzz

May 3, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-12-2018
Application type: Paper
Family : 3 members
Delivered: 10 April
AoR: 31 May
Background check: 21 June
Test invite: 01 July
Test window: 07 - 27 July
Test taken - 23 July
Test completed - 26 July
@admin would request you to please update in the tracker

aabiola

Aug 24, 2018
Application type: Paper
Family : 3 members
Delivered: 10 April
AoR: 31 May
Background check: 21 June
Test invite: 01 July
Test window: 07 - 27 July
Test taken - 23 July
Test completed - 26 July
@admin would request you to please update in the tracker
Congrats you almost there

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
That sucks. Did they say exactly what was wrong with your sons application or are you assuming it is because of the ID? For his ID, did you submit the requires ID for him, picture or not?
No. I tried contacting them but of course...you know it is hard to get through.
I believe the application was returned because they are processing the paper application. My son is 16 +. His background was marked complete as well along with mine. I will monitor over the following week and see if there is any further update. For the paper application, I submitted his school ID, school records, passport, and expired PR.
What is to be will be...

coolcanada123

Aug 26, 2020
It’s normal, kid’s application don’t usually get updates. In my child’s case, only Prohibitions got updated to completed, and everything else was either not started or in progress. After prohibitions, I also saw Oath scheduled in the child’s tracker same day as mine.
Thanks for your response, that is promising, will hope everything would go smoothly.

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
I believe the application was returned because they are processing the paper application. My son is 16 +. His background was marked complete as well along with mine. I will monitor over the following week and see if there is any further update. For the paper application, I submitted his school ID, school records, passport, and expired PR.
What is to be will be...
Ok. Fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: splashyygirl

stanley81

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
What is to be will be...
normally when IRCC return application whey state the clear reason why.
They said "We have not processed your application or the payment yet. " that makes me believe the said is true for the application OTHER than the one with "Background completed" status.
You said background was completed, for which one? Online or paper? "Not processed" means app failed before AOR, they can't return it after background started.

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
normally when IRCC return application whey state the clear reason why.
They said "We have not processed your application or the payment yet. " that makes me believe the said is true for the application OTHER than the one with "Background completed" status.
You said background was completed, for which one? Online or paper? "Not processed" means app failed before AOR, they can't return it after background started.

It said - Missing Information - Online Application. This is why I am cooling it as both my background check and my son's are now reflected as completed.
I am thinking they wanted to close the online application to not complicate the system. I will see what happens in the next couple of days and update accordingly. Thanks for responding.

stanley81

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
It said - Missing Information - Online Application. This is why I am cooling it as both my background check and my son's are now reflected as completed.
I am thinking they wanted to close the online application to not complicate the system. I will see what happens in the next couple of days and update accordingly. Thanks for responding.
definitely call them, there is some miscommunication for sure. "Application processing not started" and "background completed" are statuses not compatible to each other.
Several pages ago someone posted a tone sequence how to get through a robot and reach a human at ircc phone. Good luck!

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
definitely call them, there is some miscommunication for sure. "Application processing not started" and "background completed" are statuses not compatible to each other.
Several pages ago someone posted a tone sequence how to get through a robot and reach a human at ircc phone. Good luck!
Thank you