Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
neetwo80 said:
Thanks. I'm going to throw out a lot of things here. My husband refuses to do a garage sale or something like that, says it's not done in Italy and no one will come and we just gotta give away or throw away things. I'm looking for ways to sell things too because throwing away is just a waste. I already mailed a box of things including the entire Buffy the Vampire series. All 7 series of them. I have things that I just can't part with. lol.
I'm going to probably mail out more boxes of things that I can't part with and then take extra luggage on the plane. I have my cat as well. Got her a passport last week. It's so cute with the European logo on the front. That's cool cause she's a European Shorthair too.
Haha. Excellent. Were going to take extra luggage for clothes and mail house stuff. Still 11 months till our move though :)

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
Gary_87 said:
Haha. Excellent. Were going to take extra luggage for clothes and mail house stuff. Still 11 months till our move though :)
Awesome. We might end up moving round the same time. I looked at timelines for people from Australia and Europe. For Europe it seemed like 6/7 months was the average wait but I saw people getting their visa in just 5 months. "Saw" in the Canada Visa forums.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
neetwo80 said:
Awesome. We might end up moving round the same time. I looked at timelines for people from Australia and Europe. For Europe it seemed like 6/7 months was the average wait but I saw people getting their visa in just 5 months. "Saw" in the Canada Visa forums.
Yeah depends on the applicant though and the IO. Hope its quick. Ill either be through london or sydney. Moving to canada next march regardless of visa. Will just wait it out there if we dont get it in time.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
Gary_87 said:
Yeah depends on the applicant though and the IO. Hope its quick. Ill either be through london or sydney. Moving to canada next march regardless of visa. Will just wait it out there if we dont get it in time.
Yeah. I have a similar idea. I think we'll be moving next March or April. I'll be adding my name to the April list within the next 2 weeks.

Ema2000

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016 send
Doc's Request.
17-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 upfront
LANDED..........
11-06-2016 flagpole
I added myself to the spreadsheet!
Common Law Sponsorship
send on the 04th of april 2016, delivered on the 05th of april 2016

what are the next steps?
thanks

:)

LongDistanceLife

Apr 9, 2016
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa [UK applicant]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA : 15.07.2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Hi guys

So I am the applicant (British) and my husband is the lovely sponsor (Canadian).

We sent our sponsorship application documents via Canadapost Xpress yesterday on the 8/04/2016, awaiting receipt from Mississauga.

I'm going to be moving to Canada regardless in September, but hopefully worse case scenario I can apply for an open work permit, extend my stay for a longer duration than the six months allowed to British citizens visiting Canada, or just come and go. Is anyone else is this scenario?

Good luck to you all

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
LongDistanceLife said:
Hi guys

So I am the applicant (British) and my husband is the lovely sponsor (Canadian).

We sent our sponsorship application documents via Canadapost Xpress yesterday on the 8/04/2016, awaiting receipt from Mississauga.

I'm going to be moving to Canada regardless in September, but hopefully worse case scenario I can apply for an open work permit, extend my stay for a longer duration than the six months allowed to British citizens visiting Canada, or just come and go. Is anyone else is this scenario?

Good luck to you all
i dont think you can get an owp if you are applying outland so youd get there and ask for a visitor visa so you can see out the remainder of your sponsorship application. youll be able to stay but not work till you get the pr.

Ema2000 said:
I added myself to the spreadsheet!
Common Law Sponsorship
send on the 04th of april 2016, delivered on the 05th of april 2016

what are the next steps?
thanks

:)
next steps? wait, and hope the only real corespondence are receipts of application and approval! welcome to the wait. i'll be joining in a couple of weeks!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
LongDistanceLife said:
Hi guys

Good luck to you all
Outland applicants can't get an OWP. As for visiting Canada during the application process, make it very clear to the CBSA that you are only "visiting" not moving. You should not have more than a few bags at most with you, too. They tend to be more lenient on visa-exempt people who have an application being processed, but you still have to convince them you will leave if you have to and not overstay. Once you're in Canada, you can apply for a visitor extension when you 6 month status is close to ending.

I'm in Canada as a visitor (from the US) and didn't have any issues coming across. I still ended up in a secondary inspection, but I believe I'm flagged for a secondary from a previous entry attempt a while ago when I was visiting my husband before we got married. I was given a voluntary withdrawal after having my passport seized and told I could visit for three days. I'm fairly certain she flagged me for a secondary.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Decoy24601 said:
Outland applicants can't get an OWP. As for visiting Canada during the application process, make it very clear to the CBSA that you are only "visiting" not moving. You should not have more than a few bags at most with you, too. They tend to be more lenient on visa-exempt people who have an application being processed, but you still have to convince them you will leave if you have to and not overstay. Once you're in Canada, you can apply for a visitor extension when you 6 month status is close to ending.
I was given a year on my visa when i entered as a visitor. I was granted one on reentry into canada, even though i still had a week left on my work permit. i just mentioned i had an application in process and they gave me a long extension.

i've got my new application going in soon and then going to vancouver for a wedding in the summer, but only for 2 weeks. i'll just tell immigration then that i have a return flight booked etc but if you want to stay, dont have a lot with you and just say you want to see out your visa process.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Gary_87 said:
I was given a year on my visa when i entered as a visitor. I was granted one on reentry into canada, even though i still had a week left on my work permit. i just mentioned i had an application in process and they gave me a long extension.

i've got my new application going in soon and then going to vancouver for a wedding in the summer, but only for 2 weeks. i'll just tell immigration then that i have a return flight booked etc but if you want to stay, dont have a lot with you and just say you want to see out your visa process.
Yeah, generally they're pretty lenient on visa-exempt people with a PR application being processed. It's just you never know when you're going to catch a particularly strict CBSA officer on a bad day. On my most recent entry I told them I had paid my PR fees, but hadn't sent the application yet because we were still gathering documents and they were fine with it. I went by train and ended up having my checked bag scanned in the secondary, but the CBSA officer we dealt with was really friendly and even joked with my husband about how he looked familiar (my husband had crossed there before). They had bigger issues than worrying about us anyways. For some reason, it took three officers to get the computer to work and bring up my passport in their databases and when questioning us the officer was interrupted by another officer saying that something didn't add up with this couple's PR obligations and it was a mess and he wasn't sure how to handle it. Also, it was amusing because it took three officers to get the computer to work.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Decoy24601 said:
Yeah, generally they're pretty lenient on visa-exempt people with a PR application being processed. It's just you never know when you're going to catch a particularly strict CBSA officer on a bad day. On my most recent entry I told them I had paid my PR fees, but hadn't sent the application yet because we were still gathering documents and they were fine with it. I went by train and ended up having my checked bag scanned in the secondary, but the CBSA officer we dealt with was really friendly and even joked with my husband about how he looked familiar (my husband had crossed there before). They had bigger issues than worrying about us anyways. For some reason, it took three officers to get the computer to work and bring up my passport in their databases and when questioning us the officer was interrupted by another officer saying that something didn't add up with this couple's PR obligations and it was a mess and he wasn't sure how to handle it. Also, it was amusing because it took three officers to get the computer to work.
CBSA aren't know for being quick and efficient haha.

Ema2000

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016 send
Doc's Request.
17-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 upfront
LANDED..........
11-06-2016 flagpole
how long can it be that I hear back from Immigration that they received my application?

Will they send me an email?

I did send it on the 04th of april 2016

thanks!

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Ema2000 said:
how long can it be that I hear back from Immigration that they received my application?

Will they send me an email?

I did send it on the 04th of april 2016

thanks!
Have a look at other spreadsheets, such as the outland 2016 one in my signature.

Most people after they aend it get aor a month to two months later.

Did tou track your application? Did it say delivered?

Ema2000

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016 send
Doc's Request.
17-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 upfront
LANDED..........
11-06-2016 flagpole
yes I tracked it and it is delivered!

I saw you changed your april spreadsheet so I added me again :)

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Ema2000 said:
yes I tracked it and it is delivered!

I saw you changed your april spreadsheet so I added me again :)
i didn't remove you. strange! good luck with your app