+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there's no guaranteed timeframe as such as to when will you receive your AOR, however, according to the current trend, the timeframe is around 2 to 3 weeks from the date CIC officially receives your application package and provided your application meets the minimum basic processing requirements and that there are no errors or missing documents. As for the AOR, it seems these days you just get an acknowledgement letter in PDF via email only i.e. no snail mail, at least that's how I received mine, not sure about others. If you have sent your package by CanadaPost to the mailing address, it should be fine cuz normally courier companies do not deliver to a P O Box and would need a street address which most of the courier companies already have in their system i.e. the courier address of CIC and they normally know the exact address which a citizenship application is couriered to. Usually, courier is faster than CanadaPost, I sent my addendum via Purolator from Mississauga ON which was delivered to CIC office in Sydney NS the very next day and you can even download a PDF copy of the signature of the receiver at CIC from Purolator's website as a confirmation of delivery of your package.

Anthony_nyc said:
Hi everyone, I have a very easy question this time around.... :D

When we do get the AOR, does the CIC tell us this update to our e-mails we provided them in our paperwork? Or do they only send the AOR by physical mail? Or do they both e-mail us AND send us the AOR acknowledgement by physical mail? :D

Also, I originally sent my package via Canada Xpress, fast option, through their Regular mail address. Was I supposed to send it to their Courier address instead? I don't understand what the difference is.

Thanks for reading my post in advance. :)

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
@ thecoolguysam
@ april2015

Oh, so it makes no difference then, when I sent to their regular Box 7000 mailing address through Canada Post Xpress. I sent the mail April 28th, and they received it April 30th, so it didn't matter as long as they received it.

Thanks for the input you two. :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Anthony_nyc said:
@ thecoolguysam
@ april2015

Oh, so it makes no difference then, when I sent to their regular Box 7000 mailing address through Canada Post Xpress. I sent the mail April 28th, and they received it April 30th, so it didn't matter as long as they received it.

Thanks for the input you two. :)
please check your delivery proof of canadapost to check where it was delivered. Also contact canadapost to confirm delivery address.
Canada post should not have accepted your package to be delivered to PO box address because that is meant for regular mails only (confirm the same with canadapost). However, there could be a possibility that they have delivered it to courier address(they might have cic's courier address in their system in correspondence to po box address)

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
@ thecoolguysam :)

Here's a screenshot link below on what my complete Canada Post Xpress delivery history looked like, with the signature of whoever took it at some point.

puu <dot> sh/hHVXY/0b3daecd9f <dot> png (just replace the "<dot>"'s with the period symbol)

I pray that link works for you. Did I mail my Citizenship package correctly? I'm guessing Canada Post sent it to the "correct" address? It only says "Syndney, NS" but no mention if it was the Box 7000 or 49 Dorchester address. I'm very worried now...... :'(

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the best thing would be to call CanadaPost during business hours and find out from them as a general enquiry in case you do not have a shipment tracking no. They would definitely know from their experience where exactly has your package been delivered to.

Anthony_nyc said:
@ thecoolguysam :)

Here's a screenshot link below on what my complete Canada Post Xpress delivery history looked like, with the signature of whoever took it at some point.

puu <dot> sh/hHVXY/0b3daecd9f <dot> png (just replace the "<dot>"'s with the period symbol)

I pray that link works for you. Did I mail my Citizenship package correctly? I'm guessing Canada Post sent it to the "correct" address? It only says "Syndney, NS" but no mention if it was the Box 7000 or 49 Dorchester address. I'm very worried now...... :'(

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
I provided the screenshot, I know and clearly see Canada Post delivered it. Just use the link I provided and you will see the proof, with a random signature. I used my tracking number to get that result on the Canadapost website. The Box 7000 Sydney, Nova Scotia address is right next to the 49 Dorchester Sydney, Nova Scotia address. I just checked using the Google Maps directions. It doesn't look like it makes a difference, sending it to Box 7000 or 49 Dorchester, they 3 minutes travel time between one another, down a street apparently.

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
For people getting worried about AOR.

I sent my application April 11 and the CIC office received it on April 15. I am yet to receive my AOR. Thankfully CIC has not returned my package yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Let us all be patient. We will get the AOR eventually :)

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
fedex682 said:

I sent my application April 11 and the CIC office received it on April 15. I am yet to receive my AOR. Thankfully CIC has not returned my package yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Let us all be patient. We will get the AOR eventually :)
I sent on Apr 21. way behind u

tb2708

May 6, 2015
If I realise I have made a mistake (on my residence calculator) can I ask for my application to be returned or do I have to wait until it is being processed to tell them about this mistake? I ask because I screwed up. I missed out an absence (completely forgot about it) and with this included I now signed my application on the very day I became eligible (exactly 1095 days) but the day before I was not eligible. I'm worried this could be discovered months from now and my application would be rejected. What should I do? Thanks in advance.

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well, it's kinda difficult situation. May be once your application has been accepted for processing, you may then speak to a call center agent about this and see how you can fix this error although the agents may not really be in a position to give you the right advice in this regard as they are not the actual officers and have limited knowledge only since their job is to only check the system and advise what's going on with your application, however, there is no harm in talking to them and see what they have to say about it. For sure, during the interview the officer will review your entry exit records / stamps on your passport and if they come across this discrepancy, unfortunately, this may create problems for you or delay in processing your application. At this point, you have no choice than to wait for your application to get processed and then call CIC to find out about the way forward. That's my personal view, unless any other senior members have a different opinion / advice for you. Good Luck!

tb2708 said:
If I realise I have made a mistake (on my residence calculator) can I ask for my application to be returned or do I have to wait until it is being processed to tell them about this mistake? I ask because I screwed up. I missed out an absence (completely forgot about it) and with this included I now signed my application on the very day I became eligible (exactly 1095 days) but the day before I was not eligible. I'm worried this could be discovered months from now and my application would be rejected. What should I do? Thanks in advance.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Anthony_nyc said:
I provided the screenshot, I know and clearly see Canada Post delivered it. Just use the link I provided and you will see the proof, with a random signature. I used my tracking number to get that result on the Canadapost website. The Box 7000 Sydney, Nova Scotia address is right next to the 49 Dorchester Sydney, Nova Scotia address. I just checked using the Google Maps directions. It doesn't look like it makes a difference, sending it to Box 7000 or 49 Dorchester, they 3 minutes travel time between one another, down a street apparently.
Please talk to Canadapost to confirm the actual delivery address. Please don't worry.

sushi1988

Apr 14, 2015
fedex682 said:

My application reached April 16th. Some guys on April 16th already received the AOR. So I am also anxious a bit. Hope to see AOR soon.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
sushi1988 said:
My application reached April 16th. Some guys on April 16th already received the AOR. So I am also anxious a bit. Hope to see AOR soon.
looks like no AORs for a month now... last of AORs were around Apr 9-13; and then it stopped all of a sudden. Or any body after these dates received one?

sushi1988

Apr 14, 2015
boltz said:
looks like no AORs for a month now... last of AORs were around Apr 9-13; and then it stopped all of a sudden. Or any body after these dates received one?
As I mentioned in my earlier post. 3 guys on April 16th has already received AOR, but no one after April 16th so far.

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
@ thecoolguysam

I just visited a Canada Post store, showed them a screenshot of the signature of whoever signed for my immigration mail packet, and showed them both addresses, 7000 Box Sydney, NS and 49 Dorchester Sydney, NS....and both come up with the B1P 1J5 zip code. They also mentioned that sending express mail to the 7000 box address is the correct way to send express, and the 49 Dorchester address is for physical walk in mail deliveries. So they confirmed sending to 7000 Box is what we're supposed to be doing. Glad to finally get a straight answer.