+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

Amine Concordia

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you get the AOR, Does it mean they will not send your application back to you for missing information or documents ?

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
It seems like if your file is not complete or missing docs it would be returned earlier that normal AOR acknowledgement letter timeline, i.e seems for April applicants that AOR timeline is almost 3 weeks from the date of docs received, so the return incomplete application timeline would be 10-15 days. It used to be 2 weeks for AOR and one week for return incomplete application back in March and I guess the recent delay might be happening because everybody is trying to apply before the new rule gets into effect.

sunafi

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
hany_sams said:
It seems like if your file is not complete or missing docs it would be returned earlier that normal AOR acknowledgement letter timeline, i.e seems for April applicants that AOR timeline is almost 3 weeks from the date of docs received, so the return incomplete application timeline would be 10-15 days. It used to be 2 weeks for AOR and one week for return incomplete application back in March and I guess the recent delay might be happening because everybody is trying to apply before the new rule gets into effect.
15 to up-to 20 days..

I think it took 17 days in my case (from received by CIC to reach back to my letter box)

sunafi

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
I was trying to be mr. cool by showing patience, but feeling bit low by not getting aor, (my app was returned and I re-submitted with missing info). ::)

patience ... patience ... patience. .. ;)

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
I agree Sunafi
They received my application on April 23rd and a day later I discovered a typo in my kids application submition date, it should have been April 21,2015 but I mistakenly wrote it April 21,2012... Just one number wrong in all the package.. I then re-sent my kinds applications only( without supporting docs) with explanation letter...
So far I did not receive anything.. The likehood for them to return all the package is high I guess... Still waiting but it's really really painful waiting process, every night I hope to receive something next day..

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
Sunafi, when did they receive your original application?

Also does anybody here aware of the timeline of "return applications" for those applications received by CIC in mid- late April.

MrsGanna

May 8, 2015
Malta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
LANDED..........
waiting eagerly!
hany_sams said:
What is the new rule???

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
under the current rule, once you physically reside in Canada for 1095 days in the past 4 years, you're eligible to apply for the Canadian citizenship, however, the forthcoming (and most talked about) new 4/6 rule requires you to be physically present in Canada for no less than 1460 days during the past 6 years before you apply for the citizenship. This new rule has already received the Royal Ascent last year June and is expected to be implemented anytime soon, the most likely dates are June 19th or July 1st this year, although not confirmed yet. What that means is that whoever applies now (or before this rule comes into effect), their application will be processed under the old rule of 1095 days, however, once the 4/6 rule becomes effective, you can apply for the citizenship only if you have been physically present in Canada for at least 1460 days or more, no matter when you actually landed in Canada or became a permanent resident of Canada. Therefore, it is very important for all those who are completing their 1095 physical residence days anytime soon to hurry up and apply right away if they do not wanna wait for one more year.

MrsGanna said:
What is the new rule???

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can imagine the anxiety :) don't worry dude, you should be ok, keep your fingers crossed :)

ray-ray said:
Thanks for your warm welcome April2015.. I'm from Victoria,BC. To be honest, it's really stressful a bit waiting for AOR coz I'm not 100% sure if I submitted all the right documents til I get to have a peek of that precious AOR..

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your application is returned to you only if it does not meet the minimum basic requirements to begin the process. Once you receive the AOR, it means your application has been accepted by CIC to process and they will now carefully review each and every attachment and the contents of your application in greater detail. During this process, if they require any additional document, they will ask you to send in but will not return the whole package you sent. Essentially, you would not have received an AOR in the first place itself if your package did not meet the minimum basic requirements. Hope this helps.

Amine Concordia said:
if you get the AOR, Does it mean they will not send your application back to you for missing information or documents ?

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also re-sent (immediately "by courier" to save time) something that I realized just 2 days after CIC received my package and attached an explanation letter with a request to attach these additional / corrected documents to my actual package. Luckily, I then received my AOR just after 10 days and my application was never returned to me, perhaps they received the correction right in time. I guess the key factors here are how well you explain your case in your cover letter and how soon you act so that the addendum reaches them before they actually review your package and return it to you due to being incomplete or having an error. Therefore, I hope yours should be fine too. Good Luck! :)

hany_sams said:
I agree Sunafi
They received my application on April 23rd and a day later I discovered a typo in my kids application submition date, it should have been April 21,2015 but I mistakenly wrote it April 21,2012... Just one number wrong in all the package.. I then re-sent my kinds applications only( without supporting docs) with explanation letter...
So far I did not receive anything.. The likehood for them to return all the package is high I guess... Still waiting but it's really really painful waiting process, every night I hope to receive something next day..

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Hi everyone, I have a very easy question this time around.... :D

When we do get the AOR, does the CIC tell us this update to our e-mails we provided them in our paperwork? Or do they only send the AOR by physical mail? Or do they both e-mail us AND send us the AOR acknowledgement by physical mail? :D

Also, I originally sent my package via Canada Xpress, fast option, through their Regular mail address. Was I supposed to send it to their Courier address instead? I don't understand what the difference is.

Thanks for reading my post in advance. :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Anthony_nyc said:
Hi everyone, I have a very easy question this time around.... :D

When we do get the AOR, does the CIC tell us this update to our e-mails we provided them in our paperwork? Or do they only send the AOR by physical mail? Or do they both e-mail us AND send us the AOR acknowledgement by physical mail? :D

Also, I originally sent my package via Canada Xpress, fast option, through their Regular mail address. Was I supposed to send it to their Courier address instead? I don't understand what the difference is.

Thanks for reading my post in advance. :)
If your email address is mentioned in AOR then they send the AOR by email else it will come by regular mail. Sometimes they do send AOR by mail even though you have provided the email address.

Here is the difference:
If you send the application with regular mail then it has to be sent to regular mail address(PO BOX 7000). The regular address is meant for people who just want to send application without any tracking#(regular mail) because regular mail can't be tracked. If the application is sent by express post or by some other courier then it would be sent to the courier address.

Your current situation is different, someone who has similar experience can shed light on this