+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2014 Application

marketinglady

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing the outcome!

So it looks like the fact that we have received MRs does not mean we have passed eligibility.

Also, why would it matter if you're still employed with the same employer?

EPP said:
Morning Guys!!

Update on my case: I have just spoken with CIC call centre and was told that the call I received last night was genuine.
It is on my file that an officer tried to reach me over the phone last night seeking for information.

I will answer his email and wait for his call.

I will keep you guy posted.

PVR, thats for your tips. I will do that, just to make sure.

JSB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hi April applicants,

I got an email from CIC yesterday stating "Please provide written evidence / additional information that you intend to live in a different province than Quebec in order for me to take a final decision on your application" and I have 45 days to respond back.

I worked in Montreal for 4 years and working in India now for last 1.5 years. I applied my PR from India and I didn't expect this email from CIC. ??? I know this email is a routine for people applying under CEC from Quebec but I am no longer in Quebec. What options I've got now? What kind of evidence I can provide? Not sure if possbile, but I will try to get a letter from my employer confirming that I will be offered a job in our Toronto location once I receive my PR.

PS: I will be posting the same question outside April 2014 Application forum to get suggestions from non April applicants.

Thanks, JSB

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
This is really good news for you. At least, you have sufficient time to response. Now if you want to stay outside then reply back with written note.

JSB said:
Hi April applicants,

I got an email from CIC yesterday stating "Please provide written evidence / additional information that you intend to live in a different province than Quebec in order for me to take a final decision on your application" and I have 45 days to respond back.

I worked in Montreal for 4 years and working in India now for last 1.5 years. I applied my PR from India and I didn't expect this email from CIC. ??? I know this email is a routine for people applying under CEC from Quebec but I am no longer in Quebec. What options I've got now? What kind of evidence I can provide? Not sure if possbile, but I will try to get a letter from my employer confirming that I will be offered a job in our Toronto location once I receive my PR.

PS: I will be posting the same question outside April 2014 Application forum to get suggestions from non April applicants.

Thanks, JSB

VS1987

Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-10-2014
EPP said:
Sjulien,

Is this call a good thing?
In one case yes it is... Atleast you know that they are working on your file.

JSB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
sjulien said:
This is really good news for you. At least, you have sufficient time to response. Now if you want to stay outside then reply back with written note.
Thanks sjulien for your prompt response. I am already living in India for past 1.5 years. What kind of notes I have to write?

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
You are intend to live outside of Quebec province.

JSB said:
Thanks sjulien for your prompt response. I am already living in India for past 1.5 years. What kind of notes I have to write?

VS1987

Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-10-2014
JSB said:
Hi April applicants,

Thanks, JSB
sjulien said:

As sJulien said you need to send and written letter to CIC. I would say draft a letter and let them know that you want to stay out of Quebec....... And you have no intention to stay in Quebec.

Sign it, Scan it and send via email. Also send the same letter via FedEx or UPS... Make every corner secure... Good Luck!

And congratulation you are in final stage...

JSB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
VS1987 said:
As sJulien said you need to send and written letter to CIC. I would say draft a letter and let them know that you want to stay out of Quebec....... And you have no intention to stay in Quebec.

Sign it, Scan it and send via email. Also send the same letter via FedEx or UPS... Make every corner secure... Good Luck!

And congratulation you are in final stage...
Thanks VS1987. But I read somewhere in forum that a self written affidavit won't work out and CIC will be looking for a other proofs such as offer letter from Toronto based firm, relocation confirmation from employer, our tieups with Toronto in terms of bank account, permanent address and so on. And I can't provide any of these...

tobeimmigrant143

Jan 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,

My current work permit is expiring on the 26th of this month. I applied for a BOWP on Jan 16th and still waiting for a decision on it. So if my BOWP is still in process after Feb 26th, I will be on implied status and will be able to work until I get a decision on either my BOWP or PR. This is all fine but I have a tricky question. Let's say if I loose my job in the meantime (two cases can happen; 1. loose job before Feb 26th, 2. loose job after Feb 26th), can I still stay in Canada on implied status without working?

Thanks!

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
tobeimmigrant143 said:
Dear friends,

My current work permit is expiring on the 26th of this month. I applied for a BOWP on Jan 16th and still waiting for a decision on it. So if my BOWP is still in process after Feb 26th, I will be on implied status and will be able to work until I get a decision on either my BOWP or PR. This is all fine but I have a tricky question. Let's say if I loose my job in the meantime (two cases can happen; 1. loose job before Feb 26th, 2. loose job after Feb 26th), can I still stay in Canada on implied status without working?

Thanks!
Yes

VS1987

Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-10-2014
JSB said:
Thanks VS1987. But I read somewhere in forum that a self written affidavit won't work out and CIC will be looking for a other proofs such as offer letter from Toronto based firm, relocation confirmation from employer, our tieups with Toronto in terms of bank account, permanent address and so on. And I can't provide any of these...
That should not be the case in your application as you need to mention that you are currently working and Living in India. They may be miss interpreted your current living country.

I would say send an email with scanned copy and ask if they need original written letter from you, you can send them the same..

VS1987

Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-10-2014
tobeimmigrant143 said:
Dear friends,

Thanks!
Yes you can stay in Canada ... but you cannot work until you receive your BOWP...

bouncer

Mar 17, 2014
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpc Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 14
Doc's Request.
9th Feb 14
AOR Received.
17 March 14
IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
ganapathi said:
hi

just received medicals request for me. I didnt get any medicals request for my wife. she came to canada last febuary and did her medicals before coming to canada and i subimitted it with my application.But it is expired in december 2014. They requested last 2 years residential address update for my wife. Should i think that they considered previous medicals for my wife that got expired dec 2014.

Can anyone say what to do after medicals is done. should we send any documents to them again.

Please help me
Hello Ganapathi, I was following your conversation, and understood that you got document request and then medicals on the next day? am i right? Did you receive medicals after sending requested documents? Appreciate if you can share if you were due for second review? Thanks and finally sorry for too many questions

JSB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
VS1987 said:
That should not be the case in your application as you need to mention that you are currently working and Living in India. They may be miss interpreted your current living country.

I would say send an email with scanned copy and ask if they need original written letter from you, you can send them the same..
Thanks VS1987. That makes sense and I was thinking the same. I will send a mail + letter to CIC explaining it.