Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Hello Everyone on April 2013 Tracking,

Unfortunately, my application (received by CIO, NS on April 8th) was returned yesterday due to missing document "Birth Certificate". I attached my secondary school certificate (SSC) as a supporting document for Birth Certificate, since i had no other 'read across' and was using the same document for all similar purposes (applying for Temporary Resident Visa, Work Permit, PNP application etc) and never got any rejection. I explained the whole scenario to them, however, they didnt accept the supporting documents as appropriate. I think the major concern with my SSC is although it shows my DOB, it doesnt specifies the parentage (details of mother/father). The entire application packet was returned and they said that my application fee will be returned to me.

So the suggestion provided by CIC is to attach an affidavit containing the applicant's as well as parents' (father or mother or both) full names and applicant's date of birth, if the applicant is unable to obtain a birth certificate. So thats what i am going to do, and will resend my application.

So, can some one (whose application was returned for similar reasons) tell me how they resent the application to CIO, NS - did he/she just attached the new/required document with the same application pack - OR - did he/she prepare the whole application again (all new signatures, changing all relevant dates etc) - any information with regard to my situation is highly appreciated !!

Also, can some one provide e-mail address or telephone number to call CIO, NA personal.

Thanks everyone - hope to join the waiting list again soon !!!

ppp123

Star Member
Mar 12, 2013
hey siasivaram,

hey you can send them same package don't worry with attached your affidavit...without any changes

sklin

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Hi everyone,

Please help: I need to mail my passport (for work permit visa) to the visa office along with a pre-paid return airway bill.

Unfortunately, all the couriers in my country including DHL do not provide any prepaid return airway service from Mexico to Venezuela.

Do you think it is all right if I mail my passport without a pre-paid return airway bill in my situation?

Any advise will be very helpful!

Thanks.

dreamhigh

Star Member
Mar 22, 2013
SaiSivaRam said:
Hello Everyone on April 2013 Tracking,

Unfortunately, my application (received by CIO, NS on April 8th) was returned yesterday due to missing document "Birth Certificate". I attached my secondary school certificate (SSC) as a supporting document for Birth Certificate, since i had no other 'read across' and was using the same document for all similar purposes (applying for Temporary Resident Visa, Work Permit, PNP application etc) and never got any rejection. I explained the whole scenario to them, however, they didnt accept the supporting documents as appropriate. I think the major concern with my SSC is although it shows my DOB, it doesnt specifies the parentage (details of mother/father). The entire application packet was returned and they said that my application fee will be returned to me.

So the suggestion provided by CIC is to attach an affidavit containing the applicant's as well as parents' (father or mother or both) full names and applicant's date of birth, if the applicant is unable to obtain a birth certificate. So thats what i am going to do, and will resend my application.

So, can some one (whose application was returned for similar reasons) tell me how they resent the application to CIO, NS - did he/she just attached the new/required document with the same application pack - OR - did he/she prepare the whole application again (all new signatures, changing all relevant dates etc) - any information with regard to my situation is highly appreciated !!

Also, can some one provide e-mail address or telephone number to call CIO, NA personal.

Thanks everyone - hope to join the waiting list again soon !!!
One of my friend had a similar situation. I would suggest the CIC forms often change (minor changes like some extra details or column added, etc) So just go through the current online form just to cross check if anything got change. Add that form to your current application if you notice any changes. Or else you can just mail them your application after attaching the required one.

dreamhigh

Star Member
Mar 22, 2013
sklin said:
Hi everyone,

Please help: I need to mail my passport (for work permit visa) to the visa office along with a pre-paid return airway bill.

Unfortunately, all the couriers in my country including DHL do not provide any prepaid return airway service from Mexico to Venezuela.

Do you think it is all right if I mail my passport without a pre-paid return airway bill in my situation?

Any advise will be very helpful!

Thanks.
Well, it is not safe if passport cant be tracked. It is one of the most important travel document. Dont rely on canada post..

look for Aramex express services.. It might work.
http://www.aramex.com/express/track.aspx

ad123164

Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA (formerly ADVO) E-file transfer 19-09-2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013/CIO
Nomination.....
25-02-2013/MPNP
AOR Received.
29-04-2013/CIO
Med's Request
22-10-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2013/ MR rec'vd ecas 20-11-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013 (sent 05-12-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2013
LANDED..........
06-02-2014
Thanks sklin, dreamhigh & ppp123...

sklin

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
dreamhigh said:
Well, it is not safe if passport cant be tracked. It is one of the most important travel document. Dont rely on canada post..

look for Aramex express services.. It might work.
http://www.aramex.com/express/track.aspx
dreamhigh, thanks for your information.

I did call the embassy today, and they told me that I can use Canada Visa Application Center to help

mail my passport. Tomorrow it's holiday, so I will go to this center in person on Thursday.

Pray for blessings from God!

dreamhigh

Star Member
Mar 22, 2013
sklin said:
dreamhigh, thanks for your information.

I did call the embassy today, and they told me that I can use Canada Visa Application Center to help

mail my passport. Tomorrow it's holiday, so I will go to this center in person on Thursday.

Pray for blessings from God!
thats great.. no worries then :D ;D