Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Thanks guys, I hope so too. Sorry for all the false alarms :D It's my birthday and I was really hoping to hear before this weekend. I hope it happens next week because I am booking a trip to be with him at the end of September. But I won't be able to go if I don't know what's going on yet with our package. I especially hope for the others like Fireluck who have been waiting even longer. I wonder what's the record longest time for Sponsorship approval.

zenykim

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-04-2012
Doc's Request.
July 13, 2012 - Docs. sent July 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Approved Sponsorship 25-July-2012
File Transfer...
July 25, 2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
oct 17, 2012, req. add'l proofs dated 11-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 18, 2013
LANDED..........
March 5, 2013
Steph C said:
Thanks guys, I hope so too. Sorry for all the false alarms :D It's my birthday and I was really hoping to hear before this weekend. I hope it happens next week because I am booking a trip to be with him at the end of September. But I won't be able to go if I don't know what's going on yet with our package. I especially hope for the others like Fireluck who have been waiting even longer. I wonder what's the record longest time for Sponsorship approval.
Happy birthday Stepc, I do wish u and fireluck will receive good news from CIC very soon. :D

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Quick update: my wife checked e-cas and it shows 'in process'...the AOR from the HK visa office was on July 25th...so just a little over a month, as e-cas shows they started processing on August 30...

This is good news, right?? We haven't received anything from the visa office in terms of additional documents etc...

Not sure if I should be excited...I don't want to get all excited only to be let down later...

FS

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hey FS,

it's definitely good news! :) your file has been opened and they are working on it.
I know that you presented a very strong case with lots of information etc, so you have a very straightforward application - you should be hearing back from them quite soon!
Cheers!
Sweden

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Yap! I'd be EXCITED to be in your shoes. Good times ahead!

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Fencesitter said:
Quick update: my wife checked e-cas and it shows 'in process'...the AOR from the HK visa office was on July 25th...so just a little over a month, as e-cas shows they started processing on August 30...

This is good news, right?? We haven't received anything from the visa office in terms of additional documents etc...

Not sure if I should be excited...I don't want to get all excited only to be let down later...

FS
So excited for you. Keep an eye on the emails! ;)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
You should be very excited. I got in process AFTER the PPR. Some get PPR days to a month after in process. So you'll get the visa soon. They are usually working before they even change ecas to in process. Congrats!!

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Thanks, guys. It's been a very long process. I was SO naive back in 2010 when my wife and I first started thinking about moving back to Canada. Once our son was born, that was it, we knew we had to go to provide a better life.

My wife has been saying that if e-cas changes to 'in process', the chance for the visa officer to request additional documents is slim and that they believe our intention to return to Canada is genuine. Is this true? From what the folks on my wife's QQ group are saying, the PPR will take from 1 week to 1.5 months...and they swear that no additional documents will be requested and that the interview has most definitely been waived. I'm not sure what to think...

Honestly, I spent about 385 hours preparing the application. I reviewed everything so many times it would make your head spin. I checked the format and grammar and made sure that it was extremely professional. I really hope the visa officer has appreciated all that hard work, and I also hope it helped speed things up...

Good luck, all. It won't be much longer until we are all back in Canada with our loved ones! Now, if only I could remember to take my socks off before getting on the bed...(my wife hates 'socks on the bed'...even though my dogs like to take my socks and play with them...on the bed...not my fault!!!)

FS

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Congratulation for everyone who got their approval or AOR from CIC. Now i am beginning to understand this immigration process is random so we just have to support each other to be strong. None's file was transfer on 24th of July to the same VO as mine while my was transfer july 27th just 3 days apart. However, he recieved interview date from the VO office and he suggested mine will come in 3 days time but nothing to date. I know how fustrated we are about this waitng game especially those waiting for the first stage approval.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Fencesitter said:
Thanks, guys. It's been a very long process. I was SO naive back in 2010 when my wife and I first started thinking about moving back to Canada. Once our son was born, that was it, we knew we had to go to provide a better life.

My wife has been saying that if e-cas changes to 'in process', the chance for the visa officer to request additional documents is slim and that they believe our intention to return to Canada is genuine. Is this true? From what the folks on my wife's QQ group are saying, the PPR will take from 1 week to 1.5 months...and they swear that no additional documents will be requested and that the interview has most definitely been waived. I'm not sure what to think...

Honestly, I spent about 385 hours preparing the application. I reviewed everything so many times it would make your head spin. I checked the format and grammar and made sure that it was extremely professional. I really hope the visa officer has appreciated all that hard work, and I also hope it helped speed things up...

Good luck, all. It won't be much longer until we are all back in Canada with our loved ones! Now, if only I could remember to take my socks off before getting on the bed...(my wife hates 'socks on the bed'...even though my dogs like to take my socks and play with them...on the bed...not my fault!!!)

FS
Well it is hard to say exactly but it seems to me that complicated applications do not turn to in process - rather they get requests for documents and so forth FIRST. It seems like in process actually means finalizing or end stage. You'll get PPR soon - can't wait to read about it!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Fencesitter said:

FS
Sounds like good news to me FS..... ;D

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Thanks, KJG.

Yeah, canadiangirl, I guess it makes sense. If there is some question, the visa office would first want to get more informaiton before processing the app. It looks like we are in the final stages! I really can't believe it! I was prepared for 24 months of waiting...

Now we're not sure when to go back. For sure we will land before my wife's medical expires, but if we do that, does our son need to go with us? I mean, we might stay until the summer of 2013 so we can save more (plus I get a pretty decent bonus at the end of my contract which expires at that time). I just worry that if we don't all go, the immigration officer may think we have misrepresented. Does this make any sense?

The best part is I will finally have the upper hand on my employer. I have the power to decide my future without worrying about them. I'm not going to do a runner on them or anything, but now I have freedom of choice. No longer am I tied to China!!!

I'm so glad I made a detailed relocation plan. All I need to do is follow the plan...make some adjustments along the way, and that's it!

FS

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Oh wow, after being so anxious to get out of China you might stay another year?

I would just explain that you are landing and going back to China to wrap up a few things and that your baby would have had a hard time with the tough journey. Landing is very easy.

But I just read that traveling might be hard before your wife gets her PR card which takes 8 weeks. I guess you can't just travel with the COPR if you aren't from a visa exempt country. But I don't remember the details. It was in the Mexico thread a few pages back if you're interested.

none

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
12 July 2012--Requesting a signature and CIC-O received the Doc's with signature on April 20, 2012
AOR Received.
12 July 2012---
File Transfer...
July 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 2nd, 2012
Interview........
November 21,2012 at 8:00 am
VISA ISSUED...
November 21.2012
bbccanada said:
Congratulation for everyone who got their approval or AOR from CIC. Now i am beginning to understand this immigration process is random so we just have to support each other to be strong. None's file was transfer on 24th of July to the same VO as mine while my was transfer july 27th just 3 days apart. However, he recieved interview date from the VO office and he suggested mine will come in 3 days time but nothing to date. I know how fustrated we are about this waitng game especially those waiting for the first stage approval.

@ bbccanada. ask your wife to check her email or Click on Application recieved under Permanent Resident Application when you open your E-cas... they may schedule your wife interview.. in mine it showed the date of my wife's interview. ..but tyhe status is still "Application recieved" Check it and let me know... Goodluck

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
none said:
@ bbccanada. ask your wife to check her email or Click on Application recieved under Permanent Resident Application when you open your E-cas... they may schedule your wife interview.. in mine it showed the date of my wife's interview. ..but tyhe status is still "Application recieved" Check it and let me know... Goodluck
yes mine is the same...I looked today and under my husband who is the applicant it says received but when you click on it it states interview is scheduled for such and such a date!!!