WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Thanks, Sweden.

You are right. I was just saying that the uncertainty of the visa has been the main problem with my staying in China. Now that it looks like everything is nearly finished, I can relax and focus on saving and preparing for our move.

By the way, I have a question about landing. If we decide to land in Vancouver (we're going to be living in London, Ontario when we move for good), will that be a problem? I mean, will the immigration officer see that we plan to live in Ontario and wonder why we have landed in BC? We will probably have to do this if we are staying for the entire year (up to the summer of 2013 when my contract expires). We'll leave our son in China, fly to Vancouver, complete the landing procedures, then return to China in a day or two. Flying all the way to Toronto would cost a lot more and it wouldn't make any sense since we are simply turning around and flying back to China. When we go to leave for good, as mentioned, it will be in the summer of 2013 and at that point we will be going all the way to Toronto, so we really want to try and cut down on the expense for airfare. Will this cause us any problems? The PR card will be sent to my parents address and then they will courier it to us (over night).

Thanks,
FS

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Fencesitter said:
Thanks, Sweden.

You are right. I was just saying that the uncertainty of the visa has been the main problem with my staying in China. Now that it looks like everything is nearly finished, I can relax and focus on saving and preparing for our move.

By the way, I have a question about landing. If we decide to land in Vancouver (we're going to be living in London, Ontario when we move for good), will that be a problem? I mean, will the immigration officer see that we plan to live in Ontario and wonder why we have landed in BC? We will probably have to do this if we are staying for the entire year (up to the summer of 2013 when my contract expires). We'll leave our son in China, fly to Vancouver, complete the landing procedures, then return to China in a day or two. Flying all the way to Toronto would cost a lot more and it wouldn't make any sense since we are simply turning around and flying back to China. When we go to leave for good, as mentioned, it will be in the summer of 2013 and at that point we will be going all the way to Toronto, so we really want to try and cut down on the expense for airfare. Will this cause us any problems? The PR card will be sent to my parents address and then they will courier it to us (over night).

Thanks,
FS
Hey FS,

I don't see why you would have a problem. you can do the landing procedures at any point of entry in Canada, and if asked why you are only doing the round trip, you can explain that your work contract is finishing later and you need to land before. I'm sure you'll be fine.
Cheers,
Sweden

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
cgagnon said:
CSQ has nothing to do with wait, it's good to do it but it's just a formality they only need to have it when they issue the visa. This is information from my lawyers.
Thanks cgagnon for also adding up your comment! I really appreciated.......

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
Hey everyone, been away from this thread for awhile now...been anxiously awaiting good news like most of you guys out there!! Just checked on the CIC website and it says decision made under the sponsorship application status and application received under the PR application status. Just wondering if anyone can shed any light to how much longer it will be until we receive good news?? were really hoping to fly back to Canada before Christmas so we can be with family!! Does this mean we are near the end of our journey and the interview has been waived? it also says they sent out a letter on July 27 2012 about the decision on application but I have been checking the mailbox everyday and havent gotten anything in the post.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
kaede1977 said:
Hey everyone, been away from this thread for awhile now...been anxiously awaiting good news like most of you guys out there!! Just checked on the CIC website and it says decision made under the sponsorship application status and application received under the PR application status. Just wondering if anyone can shed any light to how much longer it will be until we receive good news?? were really hoping to fly back to Canada before Christmas so we can be with family!! Does this mean we are near the end of our journey and the interview has been waived? it also says they sent out a letter on July 27 2012 about the decision on application but I have been checking the mailbox everyday and havent gotten anything in the post.
Hey kaede1977,

we're in similar place, similar application times, and same VO... so I can share what I know! :)

decision made and the letter is about the sponsorship approval, and that won't change. Have you received the sponsorhip approval? you should have it either by email or by post - but not both. If you have received it by email, that's also what they mean by " we have sent you a letter etc." . Means that first stage is done, and it will stay like this in the website.

The one that you need to "concentrate" on for now is the status that is under "PR application" - that's stage 2.

It seems that London VO doesn't send AOR when your file gets there. When you click on "application received", does it say "medicals have been received" ?if it says "medicals have been received", it means that your medicals made it to London and have been matched with your file - so your file is there.

Now - you need to wait a little more. Some files in London go to "in process", some go straight to "decision made" ( under "PR application" category), there is no way to know but check...

Currently, from following the London VO thread ( you can join here if you want http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.5595.html) it looks like CIC is working on applications that have reached London beginning of June/end of May. As yours has been sent to London end of July (27th of July according to the status on ecas), you probably need to wait more or less 6 weeks more before hearing anything... you can check the spreadsheet with more information about London in my signature if you want to see - and you can also add yourself, or let me know and I can add you if you want.

My application was received in London 13th July, so more or less 2 weeks before yours - I expect we will hear more or less at the same time.

Good luck,
Sweden

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
Sweden said:
Hey kaede1977,

we're in similar place, similar application times, and same VO... so I can share what I know! :)

decision made and the letter is about the sponsorship approval, and that won't change. Have you received the sponsorhip approval? you should have it either by email or by post - but not both. If you have received it by email, that's also what they mean by " we have sent you a letter etc." . Means that first stage is done, and it will stay like this in the website.

The one that you need to "concentrate" on for now is the status that is under "PR application" - that's stage 2.

It seems that London VO doesn't send AOR when your file gets there. When you click on "application received", does it say "medicals have been received" ?if it says "medicals have been received", it means that your medicals made it to London and have been matched with your file - so your file is there.

Now - you need to wait a little more. Some files in London go to "in process", some go straight to "decision made" ( under "PR application" category), there is no way to know but check...

Currently, from following the London VO thread ( you can join here if you want http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.5595.html) it looks like CIC is working on applications that have reached London beginning of June/end of May. As yours has been sent to London end of July (27th of July according to the status on ecas), you probably need to wait more or less 6 weeks more before hearing anything... you can check the spreadsheet with more information about London in my signature if you want to see - and you can also add yourself, or let me know and I can add you if you want.

My application was received in London 13th July, so more or less 2 weeks before yours - I expect we will hear more or less at the same time.

Good luck,
Sweden

Hi Sweden, thanks again for responding:) I was approved for sponsorship so looks like we are done with stage 1 and I did recieve an email clarifying approval so thanks for mentioning that so I dont need to be agonizing over not getting any news in the post!

It does say medicals received so looks like we have to continue with the waiting game for a few more months...thanks again for all your feedback, I really appreciate it!! Good luck to you and all the others waiting out there ;D

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
After being away from the internet most of last week, I'm surprised to see fireluck and StephC still haven't heard any news :( I definitely feel for you two. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you both hear good news this week!!

It's been 2 months since my sponsorship approval, and no update in ecas.. not even my address which I updated online 6 weeks ago? I expect we still have quite a wait, but I'm now in the US staying with my husband until he lands, so the wait has become much more bearable :)

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Hey Sunshine...I have a suggestion. Could you add some more info to the spreadsheet? I think it would be helpful to add e-cas status (application received, in process, and decision made)...in that way we can track to see how long it takes between each e-cas change.

Oh, and the interview for my wife has been waived (99% sure of it!)...please update this info to the spreadsheet...thanks!

Hope your application gets through quickly and without delays!!!

FS

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
canadiangirl78 said:
But I just read that traveling might be hard before your wife gets her PR card which takes 8 weeks. I guess you can't just travel with the COPR if you aren't from a visa exempt country. But I don't remember the details. It was in the Mexico thread a few pages back if you're interested.
I don't understand. When they issue the visa, isn't that what my wife uses to leave China and enter Canada? The PR card is finalized at the time of landing and we give them the address where we want them to send it, no? If we had to wait 8 weeks for them to send it to us, it could be past the 1 year medical anniversary and therefore her visa would be garbage...

Please clarify...

Thanks,

FS

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
The visa is one time use. They'll cancel it at landing. So to leave Canada without getting the PR card means you need some kind of document to get back in Canada again. You can't use the one time use visa or the COPR.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Here is what ocanadiana said in another thread, FS:

The stamped CoPR is proof of his status so if he could make it to the Canadian border he would be allowed in based on the CoPR. HOWEVER, the CoPR is not a form of travel that the Canadian government authorizes and trains commercial carriers to use/verify to confirm an individuals's admissibility. And, commercial carriers take the responsibility to ensure you have a valid travel document (e.g. visa-exempt passport, visa foil in your passport, PR Card, Canadian Passport) very seriously because if they allow someone who doesn't have a valid document to arrive on Canadian soil and the person isn't allowed in the airline (or carrier) would face a very stiff penalty.

Therefore, the Canadian government allows you to get a travel document to prove your eligibility to travel to the carrier to be able to travel back to Canada.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Oh. That's not a problem. We can apply for the returning residents visa? through the consulate here in Guangzhou. It's a guaranteed thing and it only takes about a week. My parents will courier the PR card to us here in China, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for the heads up, though.

FS

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
So basically you'd need it so china lets her out again. I don't know how you get it or how long it takes to get.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Fencesitter said:
Oh. That's not a problem. We can apply for the returning residents visa? through the consulate here in Guangzhou. It's a guaranteed thing and it only takes about a week. My parents will courier the PR card to us here in China, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for the heads up, though.

FS
She also said you aren't supposed to mail the PR card. I'm not sure about getting the travel document in china. Maybe. Personally I wouldn't risk it but good luck!

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
It is legal to send a pr card via courier outside of Canada. There is no law against it at present.

The return residents visa is also easy to get if you have already been approved as a PR to Canada. I will confirm with the visa office before doing anything just to be sure, but from what I have read, it's very normal for pr holders to land and then turn around and go back to their country to finish with relocation details...then return at a later date to live in Canada for good...

FS