Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Fencesitter said:
All we can hope is that stage 2 will go a bit faster because of the long wait for stage 1 approval. The HK VO shows a timeline of 18 months, but that's for 80% of cases...so my wife and I are really hoping our case falls within the 20% range which shows about 6 months to process. We have prepared an addendum to our original application and will be sending it at the end of this week or early next week. Basically we have furthered our plans to re-establish in Canada:

1. Signed pet relocation contract with $150 deposit;
2. Signed lease extension addendum (with mention of the reason why - waiting for my wife's PR status) - it will be month-to-month starting on March 1, 2013;
3. Quotation for shipping some of our belongings;
4. Quotation from expedia.com for our flight to Canada;
5. Detailed relocation budget;
6. Updated plans for my wife's employment in Canada;
7. Updated plans for our son's schooling in Canada; and
8. 5 page updated plan for re-establishing in Canada

The only two things I cannot do at this time is resign from my employer and buy our tickets. I have explained that resigning now, with a possible 18-month timeline, would put us in a very difficult position financially. As for the tickets, we cannot buy them until we have confirmation of my wife's visa. I really hope that the VO will understand these two points.

The above is in addition to what we originally submitted:

1. Job offer from Canadian employer;
2. Status with a Canadian university including my student ID number;
3. Letter from my parents stating we can stay with them until we have sorted out our housing;
4. E-mails with banks and realtors enquiring about mortgages / properties;
5. 4.5 page detailed plan for our return to Canada

We will also include updates to our proof of relationship evidence. Since submitting, there have been a number of family gatherings / outings. So, we will include pictures with descriptions. We are not at all concerned about whether the VO will believe we are in a genuine relationship, but it's still good to include updates just to show them what's been happening since we first submitted our package to CIC. We're trying to be proactive so that they do not request further information later on...

For all those still waiting for stage 1 approval, hang in there...you'll all get approved! While waiting, keep noting down further evidence that you can use later on...it will definitely be of help...the more quality evidence you submit, the less likely it is for the VO to delay your app by requesting this information. Be proactive and stay on top of things...

FS
FS, aren't you afraid that adding things to the application will cause delays?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
I don't think it will cause a delay. What could cause a delay is them asking for more proof. Although I am pretty sure FS doesn't even NEED to submit more proof.

I also submitted proof to my VO that I had moved back to Canada. When I submitted the app, I was still living in California. It didn't delay anything. My husband lands next week!

mobeyk

Oct 10, 2011
Picton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2012
Doc's Request.
additional docs 29-08-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 8 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 10 2012
Just received an AOR from the Visa Office in Hong Kong. Step 2 is officially started.

"This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear XXXXX,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2012/07/19.
Consulate General of Canada
Visa Section
G.P.O. Box 11142
Hong Kong
China (PRC)"
I received sponsorship approval on July 10th.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
A VO AOR is very nice to get! How long between approval and this AOR? Do you see in process on ecas?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
kaede1977 said:
Hey thanks for that Sweden, I did try ringing them yesterday...but the number posted is only available if you live within Canada? Is there another number if you live outside Canada?
i have heard that it might work if you try from Skype and your "skype location" is Canada - if your account has been created from Canada. Never tried, so I am not sure, but worth a try?
Hope you hear something soon!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mobeyk said:
Just received an AOR from the Visa Office in Hong Kong. Step 2 is officially started.

Dear XXXXX,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2012/07/19.
Visa Section
G.P.O. Box 11142
Hong Kong
China (PRC)"
that's great, congrats Mobeyk, good to know that your file has safely arrived, and they are working on it. Doesn't seem like London sends AOR at all. My ecas says "application received + medicals have been received" and that's about it. So I guess I just have to wait to hear more...
Cheers,
Sweden

fireluck

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
10-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Request
18-04-2013
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
August or September 2013
mobeyk said:

Dear XXXXX,

Visa Section
G.P.O. Box 11142
Hong Kong
China (PRC)"
congrats!... hopefully today would be my day

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
Congratulations to all who got their AOR's / Approval .... May your journey into stage 2 be quick :D

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Steph C said:
FS, aren't you afraid that adding things to the application will cause delays?
Yes and no, but like canadiangirl said, if they request further proof, it will delay us even more...so I'm being proactive and getting more evidence to them so that they do not have to request it later on. Perhaps I already have enough proof, but I just want to add more to it to show that I am serious about my intention to re-establish in Canada.

Like I said, the only other things I haven't done is buy our tickets and resign from my employer. CharlieD10 mentioned that they actually state not to do those things until the visa has been confirmed, so I think I'm safe.

FS

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Thanks truesmile and KJG for responding to my question about the change of address. Like you said, i will wait until they open my application before contacting them.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
misskay said:
Yep same here. Tomorrow marks 2 weeks since AOR.
it will be soon misskay....mine letter came two weeks after my aor....although it was dated 6 days after my aor...they sent it by mail and we all now how reliable and fast Canada Post is!!!! Hang in there you will have it by weeks's end ;D

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
Sweden said:
i have heard that it might work if you try from Skype and your "skype location" is Canada - if your account has been created from Canada. Never tried, so I am not sure, but worth a try?
Hope you hear something soon!
Sweden
Already tried that but no luck, just goes straight to message saying the number you are trying to reach is unavailable blah blah blah...will just have to wait and be patient :eek:

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
misskay said:
Thank you Rachiy for the response. Have you been through a similar process?

My application for status change was received and signed for by CIC yesterday. My WP is due to expire on August 19th, so it's definitely been received on time, although I doubt it will be processed on time.
Hey misskay, yes I have been through a few WPs and WP issues. I am only a few months into my new two-year WP, and I submitted my PR app earlier this month, so hopefully will not need to go down the WP and LMO road again!!

That's great that your application for status change was received. It will almost be a good thing if it is not processed on time. As you are now on implied status you can continue on the exact conditions of your current permit until you receive an answer. So that means that you can continue on your work permit conditions (i.e you can work but you cannot change jobs) until your application for change of status is processed, even if that is not until October. Unless there is something weird you will get the app approved and once it is you will not be allowed to work anymore - so if there are delays with PR then you actually want the processing of your status change to go slow so you can keep working and health care etc.

But hopefully you will have PR soon anyway so none of the WP/Visitor crap matters anymore.

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
OK guys .. I got an email today which included my UCI number and the VO i will be dealing with .. is it my AOR or approval ? ( this what a typical AOR/Approval looks like ? )

email :
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your spouse has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by e-mail, fax,
or in writing as follows:
Amman : Embassy of Canada < address >
It goes on about the responsibilities of a sponsor, and gives me a bunch of phone numbers to contact for info.

I'm so confused .. yesterday when I called the CiC they told me, I needed to provide more information and a letter was sent, and today this ..mind you I'm not complaining this email looks great, but I was sooo upset last night after I called ..

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
CKnD said:
OK guys .. I got an email today which included my UCI number and the VO i will be dealing with .. is it my AOR or approval ? ( this what a typical AOR/Approval looks like ? )

email :
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your spouse has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by e-mail, fax,
or in writing as follows:
Amman : Embassy of Canada < address >
It goes on about the responsibilities of a sponsor, and gives me a bunch of phone numbers to contact for info.

I'm so confused .. yesterday when I called the CiC they told me, I needed to provide more information and a letter was sent, and today this ..mind you I'm not complaining this email looks great, but I was sooo upset last night after I called ..
Approval!!!! congratulations - and transfer to Amman, thats' great, after waiting!

strange about the other email though!! but that's defintely an approval - loos exactly the same as mine... where did it come from Ottawa or mississauga?