Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
bbccanada said:
Could anyone pls tell me how to change my address with CIC cos i don't have a client ID yet and still waiting for the first stage approval since my application was sent may 3rd 2012. I called the the line but never got in touch with any agent. I was thinking of changing the address after the approval but now i am worry in case they send me a snail mail that would go to a wrong address cos i have moved.
you need to keep calling but if they have not opened your file yet they may not be willing to take the information because they will not have any place to file it.....so either keep calling or wait until after the date May 3rd is shown on the website and if you have heard nothing call again and they may be more willing..... :(

fireluck

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
10-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Request
18-04-2013
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
August or September 2013
another day... still no word... :(

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
misskay said:
Guys, has anybody had any experience with changing status while in Canada? My work visa is about to expire, I've applied for a change of status to visitor, with 6 month extension of stay. If my work visa expires before they give me an answer on change of status, can I remain in Canada on implied status?

Of course, I'm only in this mess because I was naive enough to think that I'd have PR by August, before expiration of my work visa. Didn't think I'd still be waiting for stage 1 approval!
Yes the way I read it, once you have submitted an application for PR 'Family Class' you no longer have to maintain your 'work permit' status. Now if you don't renew it, you're not allowed to work until you get your PR. For anyone else reading this with an 'INLAND' application, it's been posted here that 'inlanders' can apply for an 'open permit' after Stage 1 approval while awaiting Stage 2.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
bbccanada said:
Could anyone pls tell me how to change my address with CIC cos i don't have a client ID yet and still waiting for the first stage approval since my application was sent may 3rd 2012. I called the the line but never got in touch with any agent. I was thinking of changing the address after the approval but now i am worry in case they send me a snail mail that would go to a wrong address cos i have moved.
You cannot change it until you get a client ID, if you call they'll tell you your application hasn't been opened yet (unless indeed it HAS been opened).

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
All we can hope is that stage 2 will go a bit faster because of the long wait for stage 1 approval. The HK VO shows a timeline of 18 months, but that's for 80% of cases...so my wife and I are really hoping our case falls within the 20% range which shows about 6 months to process. We have prepared an addendum to our original application and will be sending it at the end of this week or early next week. Basically we have furthered our plans to re-establish in Canada:

1. Signed pet relocation contract with $150 deposit;
2. Signed lease extension addendum (with mention of the reason why - waiting for my wife's PR status) - it will be month-to-month starting on March 1, 2013;
3. Quotation for shipping some of our belongings;
4. Quotation from expedia.com for our flight to Canada;
5. Detailed relocation budget;
6. Updated plans for my wife's employment in Canada;
7. Updated plans for our son's schooling in Canada; and
8. 5 page updated plan for re-establishing in Canada

The only two things I cannot do at this time is resign from my employer and buy our tickets. I have explained that resigning now, with a possible 18-month timeline, would put us in a very difficult position financially. As for the tickets, we cannot buy them until we have confirmation of my wife's visa. I really hope that the VO will understand these two points.

The above is in addition to what we originally submitted:

1. Job offer from Canadian employer;
2. Status with a Canadian university including my student ID number;
3. Letter from my parents stating we can stay with them until we have sorted out our housing;
4. E-mails with banks and realtors enquiring about mortgages / properties;
5. 4.5 page detailed plan for our return to Canada

We will also include updates to our proof of relationship evidence. Since submitting, there have been a number of family gatherings / outings. So, we will include pictures with descriptions. We are not at all concerned about whether the VO will believe we are in a genuine relationship, but it's still good to include updates just to show them what's been happening since we first submitted our package to CIC. We're trying to be proactive so that they do not request further information later on...

For all those still waiting for stage 1 approval, hang in there...you'll all get approved! While waiting, keep noting down further evidence that you can use later on...it will definitely be of help...the more quality evidence you submit, the less likely it is for the VO to delay your app by requesting this information. Be proactive and stay on top of things...

FS

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
bbccanada said:
I wouldn't bother even trying to call CIC until after the processing date has past May 3rd. They won't be able to change your address on file until your application is in the system.

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
fireluck said:
another day... still no word... :(
Yep same here. Tomorrow marks 2 weeks since AOR.

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
congrats capri

all the best

tk cr
CAPRWIFE said:
Friends, I am glad to say that I got my PPR today. Thanks for all your support !

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
congrats mc1234

mc1234 said:
hey guys, so I got approved as a sponsor!!!!!! :) I am soooo happy! It came a few mins ago for ottawa :D

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
truesmile said:
Yes the way I read it, once you have submitted an application for PR 'Family Class' you no longer have to maintain your 'work permit' status. Now if you don't renew it, you're not allowed to work until you get your PR. For anyone else reading this with an 'INLAND' application, it's been posted here that 'inlanders' can apply for an 'open permit' after Stage 1 approval while awaiting Stage 2.
I am not sure about inlanders, but for outlanders you DO need to maintain status. Whether it is WP or Visitor depends on the individuals situation. To misskay, yes submit an application to have your status changed to visitor BEFORE your WP expires. This will put you into implied status as long as the application is received before expiration. I would recommend applying by mail as this generally takes longer than online and will therefore buy you a little more time.
If you let your WP expire and you are applying outland (which I am assuming you are, as I am sure I saw somewhere that you were going through Sydney, Aus) then you are technically overstaying, which can cause problems down the road.

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Re: HAPPY DAY!

congratsssssssssssssssssssssssss and wish happy bday to ur hubby from all of us

BBG83 said:
Today is my husband's birthday & I received a much awaited email:

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor."

Can't tell you how good it was to tell him "Happy birthday" then show him the email!!!!!

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
approvallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
friends i m so happy was talking to wife during my lunch break and she told me i received email from Ottawa and she was tense to read email so when she read email to me we knew its approved .......so happpyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
u know funny part i called call center today and the agent told me they received the file and she dont know anything other then that..so i asked how long will the process take she told me two weeks i was so annoyed i asked her y two week when ur website shows working on application received on 19th she said i dont know but check after two weeks....and then after i got this email @2.02pm from Ottawa Pilot
thanks for all support guys
yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

CAPRWIFE

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2012
File Transfer...
July 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 15, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012 ND received on: July 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with Visa received on : Sep 17, 2012
That's great .. Congratulations abhi!!!

abhi292000 said:
approvallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
friends i m so happy was talking to wife during my lunch break and she told me i received email from Ottawa and she was tense to read email so when she read email to me we knew its approved .......so happpyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
u know funny part i called call center today and the agent told me they received the file and she dont know anything other then that..so i asked how long will the process take she told me two weeks i was so annoyed i asked her y two week when ur website shows working on application received on 19th she said i dont know but check after two weeks....and then after i got this email @ 2.02pm from Ottawa Pilot
thanks for all support guys
yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
rachiy said:
I am not sure about inlanders, but for outlanders you DO need to maintain status. Whether it is WP or Visitor depends on the individuals situation. To misskay, yes submit an application to have your status changed to visitor BEFORE your WP expires. This will put you into implied status as long as the application is received before expiration. I would recommend applying by mail as this generally takes longer than online and will therefore buy you a little more time.
If you let your WP expire and you are applying outland (which I am assuming you are, as I am sure I saw somewhere that you were going through Sydney, Aus) then you are technically overstaying, which can cause problems down the road.
Thank you Rachiy for the response. Have you been through a similar process?

My application for status change was received and signed for by CIC yesterday. My WP is due to expire on August 19th, so it's definitely been received on time, although I doubt it will be processed on time.