Med's Done....
in advance (July 2011)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
mitali said:
Hi 13042010,

ND is the fasted VO... it would have made difference on processing times. You would have to go to India for visa stamping as Indian Passports cannot be mailed.

Mitali
Thanks Mitali... So I must have saved a trip to India at the expense of (probably) a few months delay in PR. However I am not an Indian and not sure if Nepali passports can me mailed?? Anyway, can't change VO now, so no option remains but to wait and watch. Thankis for the response though.

gavi

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wanted to update my status:-

sent in full docs to Vias office London on 16th Aug
Received by VO on 17th Aug..

According to the courier tracking it is Signed for by : SAZZAD
location Lambeth - UK

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hinnajamal said:
Dear Mitali,
Do you think the status ''Received by Visa Office'' means that the committee has reviewed the Eligibility (or declare eligible) by checking the full documents and has forwarded the case to the Visa Officer OR (They have allotted a Visa Officer)?

Or else
It means they have yet to review the eligibility finally?

Hinna
Hi Hinna,

It means that they have acknowledged that your application is received by them. They are yet to do the eligibility review, you will receive your AOR soon and then once visa officer is assingn he will do the eligibility review and after that your application will be "in-process"

Cheers
Saki

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JPMA said:
hi saki! Do you have any idea how can my husband obtain police clearance from Canada?
Hi,

Only in certain cases. The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian police clearance once your application is being processed.
But if you want to get it now then Mitali will be able to help you on this as i dont know how to get it from Canada.

Cheers
saki

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ArshadAli said:
Dear Friends,i have come to know by some people that Canadian Immigration Office has given some instructions to British Council and AEU to show strict marking for GT applicants.Is that true?
Hi,

Its not true, IELTS exams are never marked on the basis of the reason why you need it. IELTS results are based on you english proficiency only. These are just rumours by those who are unable to achieve the required band and giving such excuses.

Cheers
saki

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lakhvinder.kaur said:
But my post graduation was not done from full time college.
Hi lakhvinder,

I guess if its done part-time then you will get 15 points as it wont count as a full time study.

Cheers
Saki

Source: FSW manual OP6.pdf

6.3 Education
• “Educational credential” is defined in R73 as any diploma, degree or trade or apprenticeship
credential issued on the completion of a program of study or training at an educational or
training institution recognized by the authorities responsible for registering, accrediting,
supervising and regulating such institutions in the country of issue.
• “Full-time” is defined in R78(1) as requiring at least 15 hours of instruction per week during
the academic year, including any period of training in the workplace that forms part of the
course of instruction.
• “Full-time equivalent” means, in respect of part-time or accelerated studies, the period of time
that would have been required to complete those studies on a full-time basis.

lakhvinder.kaur

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2010
New Delhi India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
saki said:
Hi lakhvinder,

I guess if its done part-time then you will get 15 points as it wont count as a full time study.

Cheers
Saki

6.3 Education
Thanks Saki.
You are really a great support.
+1 for you.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lakhvinder.kaur said:
Thanks Saki.
You are really a great support.
+1 for you.
Your welcome lakhvinder and good luck for your first AOR i have been looking at the May list and people are getting responses so good luck to you and thanks for +1 :)

Cheers
saki

goinggoinggone

Dec 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done in Mar 2010 (score 8.5)
I dont think IELTS lends itself to being influenced by other parties. By the way, what do the terms AEU and GT, mean?

ArshadAli said:
Dear Friends,i have come to know by some people that Canadian Immigration Office has given some instructions to British Council and AEU to show strict marking for GT applicants.Is that true?

lakhvinder.kaur

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2010
New Delhi India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
saki said:
Your welcome lakhvinder and good luck for your first AOR i have been looking at the May list and people are getting responses so good luck to you and thanks for +1 :)

Cheers
saki
Yes we June applicants are now in queue.. expecting positive response from CIO. :)
Thanks saki for wishes.

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navali said:
In this case, if you want to pay RPRF Fee, which form should e filled for Fee payment? As the Fee Payment form available on CIO website has a printed value of CAD$550.
Any thoughts? ? ?

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saki said:
Hi lakhvinder,

Cheers
Saki

6.3 Education
• “Educational credential” is defined in R73 as any diploma, degree or trade or apprenticeship
credential issued on the completion of a program of study or training at an educational or
training institution recognized by the authorities responsible for registering, accrediting,
supervising and regulating such institutions in the country of issue.
• “Full-time” is defined in R78(1) as requiring at least 15 hours of instruction per week during
the academic year, including any period of training in the workplace that forms part of the
course of instruction.
• “Full-time equivalent” means, in respect of part-time or accelerated studies, the period of time
that would have been required to complete those studies on a full-time basis.
Hi Saki,

How about the students who complete the degree as a private student. Like in Pakistan, there are several degree programs like BA, MA offered by Punjab Univ and many other big univs where a student get enrolled but he doesnt attend any classes and only appears in exams and after successfully passing all the exams over 2 years for BA (for example), a Bachelor degree is awarded. The student is considered Private but Not Part Time....and on result card, final degree there is nothing mentioned that whether he was a private or regular student. It just shows Degree completed...

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also one more question Saki/Mitali and all seniors...

I ahve 02 bachelor degrees from different univs....one univ gave me sealed transcript but the second univ (PU) refused. However they provided a letter on official letter head with stamp (not sealed) where they mentioned all the details about my degree#, result card#, regestration# etc and mentioned that all the data is verified and found correct. Will it be okay to provide this with expalnation that univ provided only this? ?

Please guide...

surinderjit

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Sept 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
29 Sept
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14 Sept
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18 Jan 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Feb 2017
LANDED..........
Awaiting
goinggoinggone said:
Surinderjit,

Has your DD been encashed? If so, on which date? You can check with your bank.

Thanks.
I do not have DD number to check the status from bank......

Bank : ICICI bank

Is there any other way to check the DD status with bank ??

Rgds

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A very funny thing on CIO Forms (Schedule 3)...

You fill ur first job mentioning ur NOC, duties, duration etc...the same is being replicated / filled automatically in the next box on the next page and if u delet one the other one also gets deleted :) :D :eek: