+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications processed in Pretoria

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Hi Acecube ,

I did not get it back yet , i was told it will take 5 to 10 working days. 10 working days will be this coming Friday . I will notify you once i get it .

Acecube said:
ONB said:
That's good news , it shows that they are busy working on it.

/quote]

Did you get your passport back?

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
I am feeling excited now , i got my passport back this morning with the Visa , and many documents i should submit for the PR when entering canada. It has been a long wait for me but thank you God it is now done . For those who are still waiting ,just hang in there , something will come up ,myself i did reach a stage where i could not take it any more but there was light at the end of the tunnel .

This was my time lines :
1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 18, 2013.
2.We started processing your application on February 11, 2015.
3.Medical results have been received.
4.A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision 9 , June 2015.
6. Submitted the passport for the visa on the 6 July 2015
7. Visa was issued on the 15 July 2015
8. Got my passport back on the 16 July 2015
9. Travelling on the .............................................................LOL

I am still going to be part of this forum , you guys have helped me a lot and we will always share all information ,helping each other. My wife and i we are so excited about the news.

ONB said:
Hi Acecube ,

I did not get it back yet , i was told it will take 5 to 10 working days. 10 working days will be this coming Friday . I will notify you once i get it .

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
IP March 2015, PPR Sep 2015
ONB said:
I am feeling excited now , i got my passport back this morning with the Visa , and many documents i should submit for the PR when entering canada. It has been a long wait for me but thank you God it is now done . For those who are still waiting ,just hang in there , something will come up ,myself i did reach a stage where i could not take it any more but there was light at the end of the tunnel .

This was my time lines :
4.A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision 9 , June 2015.
9. Travelling on the .............................................................LOL

I am still going to be part of this forum , you guys have helped me a lot and we will always share all information ,helping each other. My wife and i we are so excited about the news.
Congrats and I'm very happy that you are finally at the end of this lengthy process :D :D

You should get an award for your patience.

I would have been mad if I was in your place. How did you do that?? 2 years of wait. Hats off to you and your wife.

I am still waiting and each time I get an email, it’s a feeling of disappointment.

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
You are the next person who will be celebrating in this forum , you are almost there .The background check takes a little bit of time. You will get your visa before end of September.

Acecube said:
Congrats and I'm very happy that you are finally at the end of this lengthy process :D :D

You should get an award for your patience.

I would have been mad if I was in your place. How did you do that?? 2 years of wait. Hats off to you and your wife.

I am still waiting and each time I get an email, it's a feeling of disappointment.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
ONB said:
You are the next person who will be celebrating in this forum , you are almost there .The background check takes a little bit of time. You will get your visa before end of September.
Hopefully. Keeping fingers crossed.

My meds expires on 2 August and I hope that they extend it and I get PPR either this month or next month.

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
For the med extension ,it will depend with the officer who is working on your application . I had to redo mine as per their request. There was another lady who also got her PR today and i asked her about this forum and she said she does not know about it .

Acecube said:
Hopefully. Keeping fingers crossed.

My meds expires on 2 August and I hope that they extend it and I get PPR either this month or next month.

basketballfan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
SW Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
August 2013 ; September 2015
Passport Req..
November 2015
Our medical expired in August 2014 and since our application hasn't been touched yet it seems unlikely that they would extend it beyond a year. The police checks, wouldn't they expire as well. I'm in Zambia for another few weeks - I'm thinking of going to their office in Pretoria. It's all starting to get ridiculous.

Erinia1984

Jun 3, 2015
Hi,
My husband is South African and we submitted an application for permanent residency for him November 2014. It was received by the Pretoria office on Feb 28, 2015 and he submitted his medicals in early March 2015. I wrote to the Visa office asking if there was anything else that they needed and they said they are just waiting on the medical results which were sent to London by the physician. I am curious, how long does it take to get the medical results back? Since they said that the medical is all they are waiting for, I assume everything else was approved. We have a 8 month daughter and we have known each other for over 3 years so they waived the interview.

I am just wondering if anyone can tell me how long the medical results usually take to come back? Has anyone had issues with their medicals getting lost? It seems like 5 months is a long time for medical results to come back. Thank you!

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Erinia1984 said:
Hi,
My husband is South African and we submitted an application for permanent residency for him November 2014. It was received by the Pretoria office on Feb 28, 2015 and he submitted his medicals in early March 2015. I wrote to the Visa office asking if there was anything else that they needed and they said they are just waiting on the medical results which were sent to London by the physician. I am curious, how long does it take to get the medical results back? Since they said that the medical is all they are waiting for, I assume everything else was approved. We have a 8 month daughter and we have known each other for over 3 years so they waived the interview.

I am just wondering if anyone can tell me how long the medical results usually take to come back? Has anyone had issues with their medicals getting lost? It seems like 5 months is a long time for medical results to come back. Thank you!
Hi and welcome to this thread.

Did you submit your medicals upfront or you just did it?

If you have sent it upfront together with your application, then you must have got an emedical tracking sheet. My physician told me that it was sent to london and then forwarded to the Pretoria V.O.

If you do have the emedical tracking sheet, provide it to them. My medicals were not shown on ecas and i had provided them with the tracking sheet and then they confirmed that they received it and ecas was updated within a week.

How do you know that they have waived the interview?

basketballfan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
SW Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
August 2013 ; September 2015
Passport Req..
November 2015
I just saw this - congrats! That was a super long wait but we look to the future for you and your family :)

ONB said:

This was my time lines :

O ravel

Feb 4, 2015
MADAGASCAR
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/10/2014
Doc's Request.
14/12/2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2015
File Transfer...
17/03/2015
Interview........
decision made 15/08/2015
Passport Req..
27/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
13/08/2015
LANDED..........
october
Hi..

I just received PPR :) :)

what about you guys

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
O ravel said:
Hi..

I just received PPR :) :)

what about you guys
Congrats :D

Desperately waiting for it :-\

HELP2012

May 28, 2012
Just to update:

We reapplied in dec 2013
File Received in Pretoria in January 2014
Interview waved
We got our visa in August 2014.

The wait was aweful, but with patience and God everything is possible
Good luck to all, as hard as it may be, there is a light at the end of the tunnel

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Got remedical request yesterday. They also stated that background check is still outstanding.

God knows what outstanding means and how many more months it's gonna take.