+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications processed in Pretoria

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Hi AceCube ,

When checking the cic web site today , the status has changed ,it is no longer in process , it is now showing a decision has been made. They have also added a new line stating that ,your permanent residence decision has been made and the office will contact you in writing.They have contacted me already. I am really excited. They wrote an apology letter to my MP for the delay ,telling him that i will be coming soon.

Thanks a lot for your support , i was almost desperate.

ONB

Acecube said:
That's great new ONB. At last you have heard from them.

As for me, I've got my notes yesterday and from what I've read, they have accepted that our relationship is genuine. Do anybody know how much time, its gonna take for PPR?

P.S Criminality and security check not yet started.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
IP March 2015, PPR Sep 2015
ONB said:
Hi AceCube ,

When checking the cic web site today , the status has changed ,it is no longer in process , it is now showing a decision has been made. They have also added a new line stating that ,your permanent residence decision has been made and the office will contact you in writing.They have contacted me already. I am really excited. They wrote an apology letter to my MP for the delay ,telling him that i will be coming soon.

ONB
That's wonderful. Many congrats to you ;D

You should eagerly look forward for the CoPR now.

I hope my application is next on the line ;)

You will going to USA or stay in Canada.

O ravel

Feb 4, 2015
MADAGASCAR
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/10/2014
Doc's Request.
14/12/2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2015
File Transfer...
17/03/2015
Interview........
decision made 15/08/2015
Passport Req..
27/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
13/08/2015
LANDED..........
october
ONB said:
Hi AceCube ,

ONB
yeah.. congratzz ONB :)

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Any update anyone??

Do anyone know if Pretoria replies to email?

I sent them an email 3 weeks ago but have not yet received a response. This wait is becoming atrocious.

O ravel

Feb 4, 2015
MADAGASCAR
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/10/2014
Doc's Request.
14/12/2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2015
File Transfer...
17/03/2015
Interview........
decision made 15/08/2015
Passport Req..
27/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
13/08/2015
LANDED..........
october
Acecube said:
Any update anyone??

Do anyone know if Pretoria replies to email?

I sent them an email 3 weeks ago but have not yet received a response. This wait is becoming atrocious.
HI

Nothing here...

basketballfan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
SW Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
August 2013 ; September 2015
Passport Req..
November 2015
There email was full when my lawyer sent them a message a few weeks ago. So he sent them a fax - no response.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
basketballfan said:
There email was full when my lawyer sent them a message a few weeks ago. So he sent them a fax - no response.
I had sent them an email it's more than three weeks now and no response yet. Did you contact your MP since you have exceeded the processing times?

abddayo

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1: 28-07-2015 AOR2 08-09-2015
File Transfer...
30-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2016
LANDED..........
19-02-2016
Hey guys, could someone that completed their application in around 1 year tell me if they had to send documents to Pretoria consistently, or is Pretoria just slow? Were you the only person being sponsored?

Thanks a lot

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
abddayo said:
Hey guys, could someone that completed their application in around 1 year tell me if they had to send documents to Pretoria consistently, or is Pretoria just slow? Were you the only person being sponsored?

Thanks a lot
Hi abddayo.

What is your timeline?? Are you in the family class sponsorship??

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Hi AceCube ,

I submitted my passport for the visa last week Thursday and they told me it will take 5 business working days. I got more information now and they explained to me why some applications are taking longer. If you submit you application in south africa and you are not a south african citizen it will take a bit longer because they have to do background checking in both countries ,south africa and your country of origin.For some people who have lived in more than 3 or 4 countries in their past 10 years ,the background checking need to be done in all those countries. Before the end of this week i should get my passport back then book the ticket.

ONB

Acecube said:
Hi abddayo.

What is your timeline?? Are you in the family class sponsorship??

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
ONB said:
Hi AceCube ,

I submitted my passport for the visa last week Thursday and they told me it will take 5 business working days. I got more information now and they explained to me why some applications are taking longer. If you submit you application in south africa and you are not a south african citizen it will take a bit longer because they have to do background checking in both countries ,south africa and your country of origin.For some people who have lived in more than 3 or 4 countries in their past 10 years ,the background checking need to be done in all those countries. Before the end of this week i should get my passport back then book the ticket.

ONB
I got my notes and the background and security check were not yet started as of 13 May 2015 though my application was already in process. Hopefully it doesn't take long since I have never left my country of origin.

Did they tell you what caused the delay with respect to your application?

They have not answered my email also.

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
The Delay was caused by my country of origin,they took time to respond to their queries concerning the background check . But all information we provided were clear reason why they did not want me to go through the interview process.

Acecube said:
I got my notes and the background and security check were not yet started as of 13 May 2015 though my application was already in process. Hopefully it doesn't take long since I have never left my country of origin.

Did they tell you what caused the delay with respect to your application?

They have not answered my email also.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
ONB said:
The Delay was caused by my country of origin,they took time to respond to their queries concerning the background check . But all information we provided were clear reason why they did not want me to go through the interview process.
From my notes, they stated they are satisfied that my relation is genuine. Hope Mauritius doesn't take much time to respond to their queries.

My medicals expire on 2 August 2015 and hope they extend same.

Did they told you by what date you have to land when you received PPR?

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
They will give me one year visa based on the validity of my medical. I should enter canada before the visa expire ,but i will be leaving one week after i have received it .LOL

Acecube said:
From my notes, they stated they are satisfied that my relation is genuine. Hope Mauritius doesn't take much time to respond to their queries.

My medicals expire on 2 August 2015 and hope they extend same.

Did they told you by what date you have to land when you received PPR?

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..