Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
IP March 2015, PPR Sep 2015
Well the processing times for Pretoria has dropped significantly to 15 months.

Here is the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

O ravel

Feb 4, 2015
MADAGASCAR
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/10/2014
Doc's Request.
14/12/2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2015
File Transfer...
17/03/2015
Interview........
decision made 15/08/2015
Passport Req..
27/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
13/08/2015
LANDED..........
october
Acecube said:
If they have sent you an email to acknowledge receipt of your medicals I think you are good. Did you send the originals of the medical form?

Did you check your ecas to see if it states medical received?
Hi;

Yes I sent the originals of the med form...And I checked my ecas 2 mn ago, it has just changed to medical result received :) .. So happy to see changes and everything, especially the processing times...19months to 15 YAY

O ravel

Feb 4, 2015
MADAGASCAR
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/10/2014
Doc's Request.
14/12/2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2015
File Transfer...
17/03/2015
Interview........
decision made 15/08/2015
Passport Req..
27/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
13/08/2015
LANDED..........
october
Medical results has been received....is that mean they start processing our application? or...

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
O ravel said:
Hi;

Yes I sent the originals of the med form...And I checked my ecas 2 mn ago, it has just changed to medical result received :) .. So happy to see changes and everything, especially the processing times...19months to 15 YAY
I'm happy for you. At least it's a sign that they have received your application and worked on it.

The drop in the processing time is indeed a very good news.

Hope they clear the backlog soon coz ONB n basketballfan has been waiting for a lonG while and they have exceeded the processing time.

Keep us posted ;)

O ravel

Feb 4, 2015
MADAGASCAR
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/10/2014
Doc's Request.
14/12/2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2015
File Transfer...
17/03/2015
Interview........
decision made 15/08/2015
Passport Req..
27/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
13/08/2015
LANDED..........
october
Acecube said:
I'm happy for you. At least it's a sign that they have received your application and worked on it.

The drop in the processing time is indeed a very good news.

Hope they clear the backlog soon coz ONB n basketballfan has been waiting for a lonG while and they have exceeded the processing time.

Keep us posted ;)
o thanx ;D... I pray for all of us especially for ONB and basketballfan...

One more question,
Is that normal that everybody's ecas shows application processed on"date" before medical result but not mine?

I mean, my ecas shows:
FAQ | Security
Permanent Residence
1-We received O RAVEL's application for permanent residence on December 31, 2014.

2-Medical results have been received.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
O ravel said:
o thanx ;D... I pray for all of us especially for ONB and basketballfan...

One more question,
Is that normal that everybody's ecas shows application processed on"date" before medical result but not mine?

I mean, my ecas shows:
FAQ | Security
Permanent Residence
1-We received O RAVEL's application for permanent residence on December 31, 2014.

2-Medical results have been received.
Mine shows

Application received on 14 October
Medical received
We started processing your application on 03 March

They have not yet added the line in process for your application but i sense it will come soon since it was added within a month from medical received for my case.

ONB try sending them an email to have an update on your application or you can call them also.

basketballfan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
SW Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
August 2013 ; September 2015
Passport Req..
November 2015
Thanks for the update on the estimates processing time. When I learned that our application has exceeded the estimated time I had our lawyer send the VO a message requesting a status update or processing.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
basketballfan said:
Thanks for the update on the estimates processing time. When I learned that our application has exceeded the estimated time I had our lawyer send the VO a message requesting a status update or processing.
Hi basketballfan

Did you try sending them an email or contacted your MP with regards to your application? Also, has your application gone into process yet?

I have sent them an email to request an update today.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
ONB & O ravel Did you receive any update??

basketballfan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
SW Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
August 2013 ; September 2015
Passport Req..
November 2015
Hi Acecube,

Yes, our MP has been inquiring about the status of our application every three months since February 2015. So, we already know that the application has not been allocated to an officer with no processing of criminality, etc. The MP's office has somehow reassured me that it's not unusual for it to have not been in process so close to the estimated completion date (however, this was before the estimated times dropped). I wonder if they are gaming the system - i.e., rather than processing applications in the order received, they could be processing newer applications to lower the average. I'm officially so lost in this process that I've become a conspiracy theorist :) .

Let me know if they are responsive.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
basketballfan said:
Hi Acecube,

Yes, our MP has been inquiring about the status of our application every three months since February 2015. So, we already know that the application has not been allocated to an officer with no processing of criminality, etc. The MP's office has somehow reassured me that it's not unusual for it to have not been in process so close to the estimated completion date (however, this was before the estimated times dropped). I wonder if they are gaming the system - i.e., rather than processing applications in the order received, they could be processing newer applications to lower the average. I'm officially so lost in this process that I've become a conspiracy theorist :) .

Let me know if they are responsive.
I had already sent them an email in February with respect to my medicals and they responded within a week and my ecas was updated a week later. Try sending them an email and state the obvious. I am pretty sure they will respond to you since the processing times has been exceeded.

The processing times is based on 80% of the applications. That being said an outlier like your application and that of ONB will certainly increase the future processing time if both of you fall within the 80% of the population (application where a decision has been reached).

O ravel

Feb 4, 2015
MADAGASCAR
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/10/2014
Doc's Request.
14/12/2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2015
File Transfer...
17/03/2015
Interview........
decision made 15/08/2015
Passport Req..
27/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
13/08/2015
LANDED..........
october
Acecube said:
ONB & O ravel Did you receive any update??
Hi,
Nothing To Report...

I was hoping DM from you tho...

othrwse, we're expecting a baby now... should I inform the Vo? Is it going to affect our application?

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
O ravel said:
Hi,
Nothing To Report...

I was hoping DM from you tho...

othrwse, we're expecting a baby now... should I inform the Vo? Is it going to affect our application?
Congrats for the little one :)

I am hoping that too but unfortunately each week goes by without PPR. I guess we will receive PPR before DM since we are not from Visa exempt countries.

From what i've read on this forum, if the baby is born from in Canada or from a Canadian mother then it'll be deemed as a Canadian Citizen. You have to post on the main thread where most experience members will provide you with precise answers.

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Hi ,

I got an email this morning saying your application is about to be finalized , please bring 2 recent photos based on the size we are communicating you ,please also include your passport. They gave me the address where i should go and submit all the documents. But at this time they want me to submit at VFS where everyone is doing the visa application for canada . I am catching my plane tomorrow back to south africa.

ONB

Acecube said:
Congrats for the little one :)

I am hoping that too but unfortunately each week goes by without PPR. I guess we will receive PPR before DM since we are not from Visa exempt countries.

From what i've read on this forum, if the baby is born from in Canada or from a Canadian mother then it'll be deemed as a Canadian Citizen. You have to post on the main thread where most experience members will provide you with precise answers.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
ONB said:
Hi ,

I got an email this morning saying your application is about to be finalized , please bring 2 recent photos based on the size we are communicating you ,please also include your passport. They gave me the address where i should go and submit all the documents. But at this time they want me to submit at VFS where everyone is doing the visa application for canada . I am catching my plane tomorrow back to south africa.

ONB
That's great new ONB. At last you have heard from them.

As for me, I've got my notes yesterday and from what I've read, they have accepted that our relationship is genuine. Do anybody know how much time, its gonna take for PPR?

P.S Criminality and security check not yet started.