+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
igtar said:
Hi Mark,

To speed up the FBI certificate process go digital finger print location. What they do is they scan your fingers and then print them on the card you will send to FBI. Don't do ink, it will take much longer to process. I got my certificate back from FBI in 17 days from the date I mailed it. Also, you can include prepaid FedEx envelope. First of all, it will show them that you really need those done ASAP, secondly, you'll get results back without “snail mail” delay.
I'm not sure about your location in US but I can give you an address in Chicago land area for digital f/prints. Hope that helps and best luck to you!

Igtar
igtar said:
Some people may ask what's the difference if you still print them on the same card? How does it improve the process? Let me explain...
When you do fingerprint through the special scanner it tells the operator if print is accepted from quality and requirement stand point (special software verifies that), in addition to that it is much easier for FBI to scan digital image which is much cleaner and “crispier” compare to regular ink.

P.S. I spent $32 (both state and FBI) and it took me about 15 minutes to complete the process.
That is a very good information for people who live in the USA, and need to get the FBI clearance which i had no idea about it because i do not live there.

Here in canada as well, the digital fingerprints are faster and cannot be refused for bad quality because the system does not accept them unless they are in a high quality.

Keep it up.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a backward update guys regarding the medical test:

Apparently my medical results are not received by Buffalo yet, because i finally was able to get the information from the call center in canada few mins ago using my client ID number.

He told me no medical results transfer is showing on your file, it means that the lady in Ottawa who called me back and said that Buffalo have everything they need from our office was lieing. That is only a generic answer she gives everyone who calls her just to get rid of the headache.

By the way, it has been 15 days exactly since Ottawa received my medicals from the DMP, which is May 25, 2010 and today is June 9.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
oops.... this is bad.. The Ottawa lady told me they would take maximum 2 weeks to send the medical test to the visa office, which means yours should be going by this week. Try reaching out to Buffalo office to see if they have your results.. Also check if they have encashed your RPRF check.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes they cached my RPRF after 4 days from receiving it. They received it on May 14 and cashed it on May 18. I got a printed out proof from the bank which has Buffalo date stamp and my file number both written on the bank sheet Buffalo used to cash the money.

However, there is no any connection between cashing the RPRF and the receipt of the medical results, they cash the RPRF anyway whenever they receive it even if they have not asked for it.

cheerup

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can some help me understand what does March 2, 2010 note mean. I sent application to Buffalo and they are saying that they have transferred my application to Buffalo. What does that mean. Would this be CIC Sydney tranferring my application to Buffalo??. Please comment. Thanks.

"
We received your application for permanent residence on December 7, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 23, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on March 2, 2010. The Buffalo office may contact you. "

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cheerup said:
Can some help me understand what does March 2, 2010 note mean. I sent application to Buffalo and they are saying that they have transferred my application to Buffalo. What does that mean. Would this be CIC Sydney tranferring my application to Buffalo??. Please comment. Thanks.

"
We received your application for permanent residence on December 7, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 23, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on March 2, 2010. The Buffalo office may contact you. "

It means the electronic transfer of your file from the CIO to the visa office "Buffalo".

That is a standard administrative procedure made by the CIO to all approved applications, it has nothing to do with you and your physical application.

It is just to make a negative assessment on your case based on that electronic file, if you do not send anything to the visa office within the 120 days deadline given to you by the CIO.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi,

There is a tricky part in the "medical results issue", which is the way Ottawa uses to send the medical results to the visa offices. it can be one of the following:

1- Either directly by entering the information on the CAIPS, so the visa office in this case will not need to do this step (which means time saving).

2- Or sending them by Fax, in this case, the visa office will have to enter them on the CAIPS (this will take longer to be updated in our files).

3- Or sending them by email, same way as number "2".

The source:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op15-eng.pdf

At the end of page number "8"

If the results were sent by fax or email, they will never show on our files or CAIPS until the visa office enters them manually on the system.

Therefore, if Ottawa used one of the two other ways, we can never know whether the results were sent or not, unless Buffalo updates them on the system.

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pro1 - that's a good info. I don't know if there is relation between CAIPS and the Online Status but I got my ppr last week and my online status only changed yesterday with an exta line at the bottom that says "Medical results have been received"

¬m2l

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
me2land said:
Pro1 - that's a good info. I don't know if there is relation between CAIPS and the Online Status but I got my ppr last week and my online status only changed yesterday with an exta line at the bottom that says "Medical results have been received"

¬m2l
Many congrats me2land. Can you update your sidebar with your timelines, so that we can understand how your case has progressed? Thanks

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
me2land said:

¬m2l

Hi me2land,

Thank you for the update, so now i got a new news as well from you which means that Buffalo might ask for the passport even before they update the e-case to show the receipt of the medical results, although i know that e-case does not always reflect the actual movement on file, still at least it gives a little hope.

I think you will see the change on your e-case next week to show "Decision made" which means that the approval has been given and the visa is stamped on your passport.

Wish you the best of luck.

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
igtar said:
Hi Mark,

To speed up the FBI certificate process go digital finger print location. What they do is they scan your fingers and then print them on the card you will send to FBI. Don't do ink, it will take much longer to process. I got my certificate back from FBI in 17 days from the date I mailed it. Also, you can include prepaid FedEx envelope. First of all, it will show them that you really need those done ASAP, secondly, you'll get results back without “snail mail” delay.
I'm not sure about your location in US but I can give you an address in Chicago land area for digital f/prints. Hope that helps and best luck to you!

Igtar
Can you please give the name from where you had done electronic finger printing & print out on card?
I did finger printing by ink 4 times & was able to get report for the 4th card. In case VO asks for FBI report again in future, searching such office in my area might be easy once I have that name.

thanks.

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Buffalo might ask for the passport even before they update the e-case to show the receipt of the medical results, although i know that e-case does not always reflect the actual movement on file but still, it gives a little hope.
Also some people indicated somewhere in the forums that online status is updated every Tuesdays.

¬m2l

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pooja - I think every police department in the U.S. does digital fingerprint.

¬m2l

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
me2land said:
Also some people indicated somewhere in the forums that online status is updated every Tuesdays.

¬m2l

Yes actually it is written on CIC website in the following link:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

(the last line on the page)

However, the two changes on my e-case were on Mondays, so i noticed that they change on Mondays and Tuesdays as well.

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
Hi me2land,

your case is a hope for us .....i guess i missed u'r timeline could you please share it..so that we could have an idea what to expect...

Please mention the visa office as well....

thanks....