+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
me2land said:
Pooja - I think every police department in the U.S. does digital fingerprint.

¬m2l
thanks for reply. In NJ, they do it & finger print is used for NJ background check; they do not print it on card (it directly goes to their database).

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I have a very important information that might be interesting for some of you regarding ordering the CAIPS notes:

I was under the impression that the CAIPS notes order is just an access to the information recorded on your CAIPS by immigration canada "the acess information department".

However, i called this number today: "client service line" 1-800-667-6703, to inquire about filling out the application, and the procedure they use to get the information from the visa offices.

I was told that they send a request to the visa office, and the visa office makes a copy of the application from their system "the system used in the visa office", and send this copy to the access information department, which means that the immigration officer who is in charge of the application will 100% know that the applicant has ordered the CAIPS notes. (i did not know that they can know).

I asked her whether this issue might delay the processing of the application because it might be taken out of the queue or any stuff like that, she said no, not at all.

Finally, i asked her how to fill the application because it has two options:

The first one is called "Access to in formation" $5 fee, and the second one is "Privacy Act" no fee. She said if you are a temporary resident in Canada and not a permanent resident, you need to choose the first option "$5" fee, if you are a permanent resident, choose the second option" Privacy Act" for free. Furthermore, she said if you tick the option to receive a CD of the records, it is not gonna cost any more fees, it will be under the same $5 fee.

After i knew that the immigration officer is going to know that i ordered the CAIPS note, i changed my mind of doing so because i think it is a kind of bothering them at the visa office.

This is the form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf

Notice: if you are a temporary resident in canada, you will have to send a copy of your legal status in the country along with the application to prove that you are legally residing in canada.

Good luck to all.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Hi Guys,

I have a very important information that might be interesting for some of you regarding ordering the CAIPS notes:

I was under the impression that the CAIPS notes order is just an access to the information recorded on your CAIPS by immigration canada "the acess information department".

However, i called this number today: "client service line" 1-800-667-6703, to inquire about filling the application, and the procedure they use to get the information from the visa offices.

I was told that they send a request for the visa office, and the visa office makes a copy of the application from their system "the system used in the visa office", and send this copy to the access information department, which means that the immigration officer who is in charge of the application will 100% know that the applicant has ordered the CAIPS notes. (i did not know that they can know).

I asked her whether this issue might delay the processing of the application because it will be taken out of the queue or any stuff like that, she said no, not at all.

Finally, i asked her how to fill the application because it has two options:

The first one is called "Access to in formation" $5 fee, and the second one is "Privacy Act" no fee. She said if you are a temporary resident in Canada and not a permanent resident, you need to choos the first option "$5" fee, if you are permanent resident, chose the second option" Privacy Act" for free. Furthermore, she said if you tk the option to receive a CD of the records, it is not gonna cost any more fees, it will be under the same$5 fee.

After i knew that the immigration officer is going to know that i ordered the CAIPS note, i changed my mind of doing so because i think it is a kind of bothering them at the visa office.

This is the form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf

Notice: if you are a temporary resident in canada, you will have to send a copy of your legal status in the country along with the application to prove that you are legally residing in canada.

Good luck to all.
Pro1, great info. What about people who are outside Canada? How can they order these?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sazid said:
Hi Jattu,

I have a question.
Is the file transfer done to each case know. As i am following the forum every body is getting there file transfer from buffalo in approximately 2 months of there 2ND AOR.

sazid
No sazid, my documents were received by Buffalo 4 months back and I got my AOR 2.5 months back, but my case hasn't moved out of Buffalo yet.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Pro1, great info. What about people who are outside Canada? How can they order these?

garian4u, I think she gave me some wrong information regarding the difference between the two options, look at the following CIC link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/faq.asp

It says, that temporary residents of canada can make either of them not only the Access information ! but she said only permanent residents can do the second option !

For people from outside canada, they can hire someone "canadian citizen or permanent resident to do it on their behalf.

So i am still confused about the difference between the two options !

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u,

It says in the link that the information given will be the same exactly under either option of them:

"Q.8: Can a requester get more personal information through a Privacy or an Access to Information request?
A: The same information will be released through either act."

Therefore, i think there is no difference except the cost & that the "Access to information Act" option can be made on behalf of an applicant who is outside canada, but the "Privacy Act" option cannot be done on behalf of an applicant who is outside canada.

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
HI,

CIO transfer my file to Buffalo on Mar 24, 2010. And since then my status is received by Visa Office. Buffalo Office Received my Full Documents on March 30,2010. I already have got the 2nd AOR on April 30,2010 .

Since then my status is "Received By Visa Office" And its more than 2 months no correspondence..nothing..

Can anyone give me some Idea as to when I shoudl expect my status as received by visa Office ???

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Sorry...
It should be..:

When I should expect my Status as "INPROCESS" by them..??

torontonian2010

Mar 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
15-01-2010
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
File Transfer...
03-08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-05-2011
aries9811 said:
Sorry...
It should be..:

When I should expect my Status as "INPROCESS" by them..??
I would say give it like 90 days,bcos I have noticed ppl ryte now are getting it on aprrox 90 days
so u should c some movement near around 1st week of july at the max,,
I was jus studying some cases from dis forum n was trying to estimate a trend of timelines for all the status,,
so yea wait until 1st week of july..

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontonian2010 said:
I would say give it like 90 days,bcos I have noticed ppl ryte now are getting it on aprrox 90 days
so u should c some movement near around 1st week of july at the max,,
I was jus studying some cases from dis forum n was trying to estimate a trend of timelines for all the status,,
so yea wait until 1st week of july..
torontonian2010, can you estimate my timeline too 8) ?

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Honolulu said:
Mark. its running an average of 7 weeks with the FBI certificates these days.
Its only likely to improve further.
I went through it recently......
So Godspeed!!!!!
Thanks bud. I called up their customer care and the lady said 13 weeks. I hope that is the max. limit. Wish ya all the best too.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
beauhoe said:
Congratulations!
Cheers,
Thank you beauhoe. The battle has just begun :) As I like to think, until it is in your "hand", you are still not there yet. But yeah, it is one more hurdle crossed.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
igtar said:
Hi Mark,

To speed up the FBI certificate process go digital finger print location. What they do is they scan your fingers and then print them on the card you will send to FBI. Don't do ink, it will take much longer to process. I got my certificate back from FBI in 17 days from the date I mailed it. Also, you can include prepaid FedEx envelope. First of all, it will show them that you really need those done ASAP, secondly, you'll get results back without “snail mail” delay.
I'm not sure about your location in US but I can give you an address in Chicago land area for digital f/prints. Hope that helps and best luck to you!

Igtar
Thanks Igtar. That is pretty useful information. I remember when I did it last time on the east coast, they used the conventional method (and did it just one time). I got the certificate in 2 weeks. That was pretty fast back then. Now it takes anywhere from 10-13 weeks. Cheers.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
pooja123 said:
thanks for reply. In NJ, they do it & finger print is used for NJ background check; they do not print it on card (it directly goes to their database).
NJ has a bad system of fingerprinting. Fingerprinting shops are not so readily available. Even the ones in NYC are far flung and use conventional techniques (on the card).

Mark