+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

tuxey

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Seattle, WA, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-04-2010
File Transfer...
15-07-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
28-07-2011
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
17-10-2011
Hey Folks,

Got my AOR today and now need to submit docs to the Buffalo office. I have some Qs that you may be able to answer:
1. Can I send docs now and send some additions like IELTS results and proof of funds later (in a month)? My IELTS expired 2 weeks ago. Will it cause any delays?
2. I have some money in stocks and some in Russian bank in russian currency. What document would be a proof of funds in this case?
3. Is anybody awary of how long it takes to get PR after submition to Buffalo as a skilled worker?

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
tuxey said:
Hey Folks,

Got my AOR today and now need to submit docs to the Buffalo office. I have some Qs that you may be able to answer:
1. Can I send docs now and send some additions like IELTS results and proof of funds later (in a month)? My IELTS expired 2 weeks ago. Will it cause any delays?
2. I have some money in stocks and some in Russian bank in russian currency. What document would be a proof of funds in this case?
3. Is anybody awary of how long it takes to get PR after submition to Buffalo as a skilled worker?
1. Yes, you can submit them later as long as you explain the same to CIC
2. Bank statement showing the same converted to Canadian dollars.
3. It could take anywhere from 12-18 months. As of now, even applicants from Nov. 2008 are still waiting for their PR.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
To be honest about the processing time, the whole process is just getting delayed and taking longer and longer. I applied in November 2008 and they send me a letter in December 2009 requesting additional documents. They also requested an updated FBI clearance (even though I submitted a NO Arrest record with my initial submission). Current time taken for obtaining FBI clearance is 3 months. So I'll send them docments again, then they will take their own sweet time. I will not be surprised if the whole thing takes 2 years.

Happy New Year to all you guys.

Lets hope our fortunes change for the better next year.

Cheers

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Not clear if the FBI clearances were only for your wife or both of you.
I notice certain November 2008 applications have already gotten through and also landed.
It is possible that they are on work visas in Canada and therefore perhaps a slightly different category and may have priority at Buffalo.
But please do not be despondent. I think you are pretty much making progress.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Honolulu said:
Not clear if the FBI clearances were only for your wife or both of you.
I notice certain November 2008 applications have already gotten through and also landed.
It is possible that they are on work visas in Canada and therefore perhaps a slightly different category and may have priority at Buffalo.
But please do not be despondent. I think you are pretty much making progress.
FBI clearance was requested for both, my wife and myself. Clearance for myself was requested for the second time, I guess because it was over a year since I submitted the first "No Arrest" record stamped card along with my initial application.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys

Happy New year by the way !!!

I have something to share with you, I wasted the all 2009 because of Sydney and all for nothing. Let me explain why...

In March 2009 I submitted my application to CIO in NS and got it returned a month later because the payment I sent was not in Canadian dollars, mistake I did correct in a matter of 2 days and a week later they got my application again via FedEx. 3 weeks later I got the application back again because on the form #2 I forgot to check the box for female under my daughter's name. I did correct this mistake and resubmit the package AGAIN on June 8th, 2009.

Finally I got an email back on July 27th, 2009 where they were requesting all the support documentation for my application and advice me to submit all this to Buffalo. I have a lot of issues to gather some of my documents but I was able to submit everything on time to Buffalo on Nov. 18th 2009, Just 2 days before the 120 days time frame given by CIO.

On December 11th 2009, I received the all package back AGAIN because according to the immigration officer in Buffalo I haven't submitted enough proof of my legal status in the United States (I want to clarify and I am an asylee since January 2007), even when I submitted copies of Visas, Passport, I-94, Social Security Card, work permit, Drivers License, court papers among others. After I talked to my attorney she advice me to send copies of all the documents given by court and immigration with an explanatory letter with the time frame of each situation. In fact I did it and was able to have the application submitted again via Fedex by Dec. 29th 2009.

When I sent the application to Sydney I was very specific about my legal status in the USA (which complies with the requirements to be able to apply for immigration under FSW regulations), and they told me that because I had all my documents in order my application should not have an issue because I was (and still am) waiting for my green card here in the USA. Then why Buffalo returned my application?

Now I am very anxious about if they are going to send me back my application or if finally I am going to get my AOR.

What do you think?

thanks

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
omaus25 said:
Hi Guys

Happy New year by the way !!!

I have something to share with you, I wasted the all 2009 because of Sydney and all for nothing. Let me explain why...

In March 2009 I submitted my application to CIO in NS and got it returned a month later because the payment I sent was not in Canadian dollars, mistake I did correct in a matter of 2 days and a week later they got my application again via FedEx. 3 weeks later I got the application back again because on the form #2 I forgot to check the box for female under my daughter's name. I did correct this mistake and resubmit the package AGAIN on June 8th, 2009.

Finally I got an email back on July 27th, 2009 where they were requesting all the support documentation for my application and advice me to submit all this to Buffalo. I have a lot of issues to gather some of my documents but I was able to submit everything on time to Buffalo on Nov. 18th 2009, Just 2 days before the 120 days time frame given by CIO.

On December 11th 2009, I received the all package back AGAIN because according to the immigration officer in Buffalo I haven't submitted enough proof of my legal status in the United States (I want to clarify and I am an asylee since January 2007), even when I submitted copies of Visas, Passport, I-94, Social Security Card, work permit, Drivers License, court papers among others. After I talked to my attorney she advice me to send copies of all the documents given by court and immigration with an explanatory letter with the time frame of each situation. In fact I did it and was able to have the application submitted again via Fedex by Dec. 29th 2009.

When I sent the application to Sydney I was very specific about my legal status in the USA (which complies with the requirements to be able to apply for immigration under FSW regulations), and they told me that because I had all my documents in order my application should not have an issue because I was (and still am) waiting for my green card here in the USA. Then why Buffalo returned my application?

Now I am very anxious about if they are going to send me back my application or if finally I am going to get my AOR.

What do you think?

thanks
Your case baffles me to no end. If you have been granted asylum and are in the process of getting a GC, why in the heaven's sake would you want to move to Canada? I can understand an H1-B or F-1 guy wanting to move to Canada for a better future and security, but not a case like yours. If you are legal in the U.S. and will eventually get the GC in 7-10 years, stick to the States. You can straddle two boats.

Even from CIC's perspective your case does not hold water. As a GC applicant to the U.S., they know you will have to choose either U.S. or Canada. Unless you have convinced them otherwise, I have serious doubts they will take your application to Canada seriously. Anyone who is asylum seeker to a particular country and has been granted one will have a hard time explaining to another country the reason for the move.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan, It is easy to explain my friend,

I do not want to get into much detail for obvious reasons but the fact is I applied as a skilled worker to Canada in June 2005, by the time that my file was reviewed I was forced to leave my home country for safety reasons. Back at that time I had visas for different countries but I was more familiar with the USA, friends and relatives made my decision easier about where to travel while waiting on things getting resolved at home.

I couldn't return so I had no more choice in order to stay legally here in the states than apply for asylum, in the meantime I was trying everything possible to get my file transfer from my home to here, specifically to Buffalo NY.

In November 2008, the central intake office in Mexico DF, refuse to all my petitions and they closed my case definitely. That is why I had to start over, from zero, my immigration process this time directly from USA.

The biggest reason for me to go to Canada instead of staying here is that as a Civil Engineer I do not have to go through all the BS you have to go in this country to validate your experience and your academia, I am already working with the respective government institutions to get my engineering license approved at the same time my resident card will be issued. I have many friends in Canada that lived in the states for long time and their experience thought me, as a family guy that to rise my kid, I could not ask for better place than Alberta, Canada.

Why do you want to move to Canada by the way? or are you there already?

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Guys,

This thread has been quiet for a while. Probably people taking time off for Xmas! I sent all the additional documents requested by Detroit office yesterday (in less than a month since I received their letter). I have not submitted the FBI clearances since we did not get them. It has been 10 weeks now since we sent the request.

Now the waiting games begins again. I guess they will not touch the application again until they receive the FBI clearances.

Will keep you guys posted.

Cheers and stay warm!!

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
omaus25 said:
MarkCan, It is easy to explain my friend,

I do not want to get into much detail for obvious reasons but the fact is I applied as a skilled worker to Canada in June 2005, by the time that my file was reviewed I was forced to leave my home country for safety reasons. Back at that time I had visas for different countries but I was more familiar with the USA, friends and relatives made my decision easier about where to travel while waiting on things getting resolved at home.

I couldn't return so I had no more choice in order to stay legally here in the states than apply for asylum, in the meantime I was trying everything possible to get my file transfer from my home to here, specifically to Buffalo NY.

In November 2008, the central intake office in Mexico DF, refuse to all my petitions and they closed my case definitely. That is why I had to start over, from zero, my immigration process this time directly from USA.

The biggest reason for me to go to Canada instead of staying here is that as a Civil Engineer I do not have to go through all the BS you have to go in this country to validate your experience and your academia, I am already working with the respective government institutions to get my engineering license approved at the same time my resident card will be issued. I have many friends in Canada that lived in the states for long time and their experience thought me, as a family guy that to rise my kid, I could not ask for better place than Alberta, Canada.

Why do you want to move to Canada by the way? or are you there already?
Well, thanks for sharing your story, omaus25. I totally understand why you are going through this ordeal now. I hope you do get your AOR from Buffalo, NY office. Your case is kinda complicated in the sense that you have had to keep sending documents from time to time to CIC. I hope you did everything right this time. Canada is a nice place to live, but anyone who has legal permanent residence in U.S. prefers to stay there. Maybe cold deters people from Canada too.

Canada for me is an option to consider (if it works out). I have applied too, but have been waiting for almost a year now. Buffalo is going really really slow. Let us hope for the best. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Cheers and good luck to you.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
mpapdp.1984 said:
Guys,

This thread has been quiet for a while. Probably people taking time off for Xmas! I sent all the additional documents requested by Detroit office yesterday (in less than a month since I received their letter). I have not submitted the FBI clearances since we did not get them. It has been 10 weeks now since we sent the request.

Now the waiting games begins again. I guess they will not touch the application again until they receive the FBI clearances.

Will keep you guys posted.

Cheers and stay warm!!
Thanks for sharing the info, mpapdp.1984. Looks like Buffalo will takes ages before we get to know of at least a single case that gets the PR. Well, let us hope the ordeal ends in 2010. And yeah, Christmas and New Year kinda made this forum quiet. Not to mention that a lot of folks have given up on Buffalo now. Cheers.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Some comforting news for Buffalo applicants:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/buffalo-passports-request-t32146.0.html

Someone who applied in September 2008 has been asked to submit passports. Looks like the wheels are in motion, albeit slow.

Mark

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is almost the same timeline as the old rules in Buffalo, it is not that different.

We are still talking about 2008 applicants who are stuck on Buffalo and getting their applications finalized very slow when we should be watching the progress of 2009 applicants who are getting their visas same as other visa offices !!

Next year 2011 applicants will keep watching us 2009 applicants at Buffalo waiting for our applications to be finalized. Backlog brings up another backlog ...and so on.

There is no fast track at Buffalo at all (very frustrating !!)

Bardcir

Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009 sent to Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
full application sent to Buffalo in August 2009
AOR Received.
October 2009
Hi friends,
I am a new member and so happy that I found this forum. It has been about four months that my status showing "Received by visa office". I started to be worry if this is common or it is only me. But it seems that all friends with the same time line have the same status. My timeline is as following:

Country of Residence: Canada
Status in Canada: 3 years of study permit, currently on a Post-Graduate Work Permit
Category: FSW3
Visa Office: Buffalo

E-CAS Status:

Application sent to CIO in May 2009
They reviewed my application and sent me a letter on July 5, 2009.
My application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.
They transferred my application to the Buffalo office on July 8, 2009.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Bardcir,

Yes unfortunatly, Buffalo is a very slow office comparing to other visa offices.