+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I was checking the time line for New Delhi applicants through some threads in this forum and others on trackitt.com and http://britishexpats.com/forum

It is really frustrating !! they are complaining from being waiting to reach the stage "In Process" within a month or 2 after sending the full documents to the local visa office !!!!, when Buffalo applicants are not even supposed to think about that stage before 9, 10, and 11 months just to see the word "In Process"

That is extremely inequal, it looks like we are applying for two different countries not the same country "Canada" !!!!! if the gap of time was 2 or 3 months, i would understand the situation, but 9 and 11 and sometimes more than one year gap is not justifiable at all !!!

They are teaching us in the human resources course at my college how to be professional, accurate, and treat applicants equally because it is a part of their belives on the human rights, but they do not actually apply that on their embassies !!

People who live in canada and the USA, are paying too much money for living expenses as international students or foriegn workers, experiencing many fears and anxiety about maintaining their legal status in the country, all of that is without the full rights of having the same benefits as the citizens and permanent residents.

Aren't all of the above reasons good enough to give those applicants some chances to expedite the processing time of their applications at least as fast as New Delhi applicants !!!

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
professional 1 said:
Hi guys,

I was checking the time line for New Delhi applicants through some threads in this forum and others on trackitt.com and http://britishexpats.com/forum

It is really frustrating !! they are complaining from being waiting to reach the stage "In Process" within a month or 2 after sending the full documents to the local visa office !!!!, when Buffalo applicants are not even supposed to think about that stage before 9, 10, and 11 months just to see the word "In Process"

That is extremely inequal, it looks like we are applying for two different countries not the same country "Canada" !!!!! if the gap of time was 2 or 3 months, i would understand the situation, but 9 and 11 and sometimes more than one year gap is not justifiable at all !!!

They are teaching us in the human resources course at my college how to be professional, accurate, and treat applicants equally because it is a part of their belives on the human rights, but they do not actually apply that on their embassies !!

People who live in canada and the USA, are paying too much money for life expenses as international students or foriegn workers, experiencing many fears and anxiety about maintaining their legal status in the country, all of that is without the full rights of having the same benefits as the citizens and permanent residents.

Aren't all of the above reasons good enough to give those applicants some chances to expedite the processing time of their applications at least as fast as New Delhi applicants !!!
Professional: Immigration processes everywhere are extremely subjective and illogical. It is difficult to see reason why the process goes on in a certian way. We in the US are also extremely frustrated with US immigration as well. The abrupt and abrasive ways followed in legal immigration sometimes makes me wonder whether it really pays of to be legal!!!!! Hang in there and justice will be served!!

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Professional1:

Well, while I do agree with you that CIC New Delhi is working at an amazingly fast pace, I wonder if the pace at each CIC picks up in rotation. Those who applied under old rules from New Delhi are still languishing, while those who applied under the new rules are blazing through. I wonder if it is for certain NOC categories or all 38 of them.

As far as Buffalo is concerned, I don't see any light from that tunnel at least until March 2010.

Mark

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mpapdp.1984, MarK:

Believe me guys if all of us are being processed under the old rules which is taking up to 6 years, i wouldn't mind, but the problem is that they announced the new rules (system) and applied it in many visa offices such as New Delhi, Singapore, Australia,Turkey, Manila, and even London, so why not for Buffalo !!!

When you check the Buffalo website to see how long they take to process an application under the FSW, they connect you directly to the link of CIC website which says it takes from 6 to 12 months under the new system (but in fact Buffalo does not do that regardless what might be the reason). I actually have not decided to apply until i saw the new rules which made me so happy because of the fast track.

For me, my country has only 4 million population and the visa office was taking 6 years to process the applications under the old system, and in their website, they are stating that they have not started processing any single case under the new system, they were the worst visa office around the world regrading the old system and still one of the worst ones after the new system came into effect. That is why i was building hopes on Buffalo.

Have a look at the following case ( even with arranged employment, is living in canada, and it took him 12 months since the date of reciept at Buffalo only to change from application received to "In Process") !! :

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-next-t30215.0.html

Every couple of weeks we see a new thread for New Delhi, and other visa offices applicants confirming that they got their visas under the new rules within less than 7 months, whereas Buffalo applicants are almost always posting threads about the suffering from the delay, uncertainty of the processing time, and stuff like that !

I just feel so down.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/buffalo-applicants-from-the-us-t29369.0.html

There is still hope. One guy from Nov 2008 has gotten his medical (Buffalo case).

Mark

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Just dropping in a line to say Happy Holidays.
Its the season to be jolly - at least till we hear further from our consulate.
Good wishes everyone in whatever you do and aspire to!! :)

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Honolulu said:
Just dropping in a line to say Happy Holidays.
Its the season to be jolly - at least till we hear further from our consulate.
Good wishes everyone in whatever you do and aspire to!! :)
Thank you Honolulu. That is very thoughtful of you. I wish you the same. Cheers

Mark

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys

I sent my full application via FedEx last month to Buffalo NY. It was received on 11/09/2009. My question is, what should I expect now? My status online has not changed, any comments?

thanks

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omaus25 said:
Hi guys

I sent my full application via FedEx last month to Buffalo NY. It was received on 11/09/2009. My question is, what should I expect now? My status online has not changed, any comments?

thanks

You are supposed to be receiving your AOR these days. Mine was received by Buffalo on Sep 24 and i got the AOR by email on Oct 21. However, sometimes they take longer.

Good luck.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sorry about my ignorance, but what is the AOR?

thanks for your response professional

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omaus25 said:
I am sorry about my ignorance, but what is the AOR?

thanks for your response professional

(acknowledgement of receipt) letter from Buffalo it will be exactly like the following:

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE

FILE: B########## NAMES: #############

Dear Applicant:

This is to advise you that your application for permanent residence has been received at the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo, New York and that a file has been created for you. Your file number appears above. Please note that this file number is different from the one that was assigned to you by the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. You must quote this new file number in any future correspondence.

Before your application can be placed in processing, a determination will be made as to whether or not you are eligible for processing. If your application is not eligible for processing, you will receive a letter informing you of the reasons for the decision as well as a refund.

Click here for additional information.

Immigration Regional Program Center
3000 HSBC Center, Buffalo, NY 14203
e-mail: buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
Guys,

I have a quick question. I sent my wife's fingerprint card to the FBI office for getting the PCC. It's been over a month and we have not got anything back yet. My wife does not have a SSN as she is on a dependent visa. Do you think this might cause a delay in getting the report back from FBI? Anyone has experience with getting a FBI report for someone who did not have a SSN?

Thanks

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
mpapdp.1984 said:
Guys,

I have a quick question. I sent my wife's fingerprint card to the FBI office for getting the PCC. It's been over a month and we have not got anything back yet. My wife does not have a SSN as she is on a dependent visa. Do you think this might cause a delay in getting the report back from FBI? Anyone has experience with getting a FBI report for someone who did not have a SSN?

Thanks
Yep, that is most likely the cause of delay. With an SSN #, it is easy to get the record of a person.

Mark

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
No harm in sending FBI a reminder stating the reasons why you need this.
Its usually best to give them a time frame when making these type of requests.
I think you can also phone them - as long as you are polite and clear - you can't have much trouble asking for something as critical as this.
Finally, I think you can ask them if an alien number or I 94 number might help - as this is the only other recorded identity in the absence of SSN.
Hope this helps.
(Others may chip in if necessary).

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Yep, I concur with what Honolulu said. Doesn't hurt to get in touch with them.

Mark