+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Bardcir said:
Hi friends,
I am a new member and so happy that I found this forum. It has been about four months that my status showing "Received by visa office". I started to be worry if this is common or it is only me. But it seems that all friends with the same time line have the same status. My timeline is as following:

Country of Residence: Canada
Status in Canada: 3 years of study permit, currently on a Post-Graduate Work Permit
Category: FSW3
Visa Office: Buffalo

E-CAS Status:

Application sent to CIO in May 2009
They reviewed my application and sent me a letter on July 5, 2009.
My application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.
They transferred my application to the Buffalo office on July 8, 2009.
From the time Buffalo acknowledges your documentation, give at least 12 months for your application to be processed (under present conditions). In your case, you might hear something from the CIC Buffalo only after July 8, 2010.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
professional 1 said:
That is almost the same timeline as the old rules in Buffalo, it is not that different.

We are still talking about 2008 applicants who are stuck on Buffalo and getting their applications finalized very slow when we should be watching the progress of 2009 applicants who are getting their visas same as other visa offices !!

Next year 2011 applicants will keep watching us 2009 applicants at Buffalo waiting for our applications to be finalized. Backlog brings up another backlog ...and so on.

There is no fast track at Buffalo at all (very frustrating !!)
Well, it is at least a small consolation. So far, I had yet to come across anyone who was being asked to submit their passports by Buffalo. This is the first time I have come across a case filed in Sept. 2008 that has been asked to submit the passport. Now, this could be an exception. Or, it could mean that 2009 applicants are not far off. Let us wait and see how things unfurl. Cheers.

Mark

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
Well, thanks for sharing your story, omaus25. I totally understand why you are going through this ordeal now. I hope you do get your AOR from Buffalo, NY office. Your case is kinda complicated in the sense that you have had to keep sending documents from time to time to CIC. I hope you did everything right this time. Canada is a nice place to live, but anyone who has legal permanent residence in U.S. prefers to stay there. Maybe cold deters people from Canada too.

Canada for me is an option to consider (if it works out). I have applied too, but have been waiting for almost a year now. Buffalo is going really really slow. Let us hope for the best. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Cheers and good luck to you.
Thanks MarkCan for your reply...

As a side comment I'd like to say that things here in USA are not as good as they used to be, I have a really good job and things are great for me but I have seen many friends lost almost everything.... this global economy is really bad. It is a good thing to keep in mind.

I wish you the best too, and will be good if you can give me your tips to be you as patient as possible for the long, long, long wait I have ahead for me in this journey.

Omaus

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
Guys,

Rupeshhari just posted in another thread that Buffalo started to process application recieved till May'09.
He is a seasoned contributer of this forum, so things are looking good for Buffalo applicants as well.

If they can spread their arms in Jan till to the May applicant, I dont see why they wont get to Sepember applicant withinn 3 months...so fingers crossed. I think da BUFFALO said quietly , I WILL BE BACK and its back with a BANG.

Wild guess but, I thought they exhuasted the visa quota too quickly in Buffalo.

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
Hi guys,

Today I got following mail from Buffalo office.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

I sent application in september 2009 after CIO approval. Is that mail means that they are processing on my file(Stage before medical). I mean, a lot of peeps get response that "your file is in queue waiting for the processing" BUT I got in process. What does that mean at this stage??? THANKS

K

KGar

Hi bravoo,

Can you let us know your NOC code and whether you're FSW1,2 or 3?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bravoo said:
Hi guys,

Today I got following mail from Buffalo office.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

I sent application in september 2009 after CIO approval. Is that mail means that they are processing on my file(Stage before medical). I mean, a lot of peeps get response that "your file is in queue waiting for the processing" BUT I got in process. What does that mean at this stage??? THANKS

Hi bravoo,

That is great news do you have an "arranged employement offer" ? because your case is going so fast in Buffalo !

If you received that letter from them, it means that they started processing your application. If you have an arrange employment offer maybe that is the reason of the fast processing of your application.

By the way, what does your e-case status show ?

canadianhope

Jun 21, 2009
@bravoo

hey...are you kidding me? Sept'09???
Whats the NOC? Are you in Canada already?? FSW3 or FSW1?

I think each and everyone of the Buffaloians are surprised......let us know you timeline...exp/noc code and all dat......please... :eek:;D :D

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
Hi guys,

Yes!

I fall under FSW1 as well as FSW3 but as for I think my case is yet not on the stage where e case status show " In process" I think they just used word "in process "casually. (I wish they Didn t....). My e case status shows same old " Application received".

Thanks

rahmanrahat

Star Member
Aug 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo > Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2009
Doc's Request.
30-08-2009
AOR Received.
10-10-2009
File Transfer...
01-04-2010
Med's Request
20-09-2010
Med's Done....
5-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2011
LANDED..........
29-01-2011
I just changed my job in January 2010 and must update Buffalo.

Has anyone in this forum had to do such update with Buffalo?

Do you know if I should send a new Schedule 1 (background declaration) + Schedule 3 (economic classes - FSW) : to communicate the new job details and the NOC number?

Please advise.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahmanrahat said:
I just changed my job in January 2010 and must update Buffalo.

Has anyone in this forum had to do such update with Buffalo?

Do you know if I should send a new Schedule 1 (background declaration) + Schedule 3 (economic classes - FSW) : to communicate the new job details and the NOC number?

Please advise.

I would say no, do not fill the application form again, just sent them an explanation letter explaining the change (update) in your case and they will advise you whether to fill a new form or not.

Do not forget the supporting documents; reference letter from your new employer containing your job title, duties, salary,...and so on.

Good luck.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bravoo said:
Hi guys,

Yes!

I fall under FSW1 as well as FSW3 but as for I think my case is yet not on the stage where e case status show " In process" I think they just used word "in process "casually. (I wish they Didn t....). My e case status shows same old " Application received".

Thanks

FSW 1 and 3, means that you do not have an arranged employment offer !! because it belongs to category 2 not 3.

Your case is the fastest one i have ever seen in Buffalo !

Good luck man and hope the best for you.

USCAN

Jan 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@omaus25: what is your NOC? I am Civil Engineer too and live in NYC. What is your nationality? keep posted

Bardcir

Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009 sent to Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
full application sent to Buffalo in August 2009
AOR Received.
October 2009
bravoo said:
Hi guys,

Yes!

Thanks
This is awesome. But to me it looks like that you had an inquiry and they just responded to it.in my opinion, they used the term "in process" to just let you know that it is moving.But, I wish I am wrong and hope you have got to the actual In process status.

Best of Luck,

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
yes !

I asked them about my case status and in response they replied. so I think its not that IN PROCESS what we all waiting for..................Thanks