+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

tamkah

Jun 11, 2010
My brother is US citizen. He is carrying our passport to Buffalo embassy for PR stamping. I have written authorization letter to carry my passport. Does anyone know whether it is a problem to carry passport through the Canada/US border? Any idea?

lavasi

Jun 24, 2010
beauhoe said:
Congratulation my friend! Are you going to send your PP or go there to get your visa?
Thank you. I will send it. If you don't mind may I know your area of specialization?
I remember somewhere you said you are a scientist

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tamkah said:
Thank you jattu1980. What is your update? Did you hear anything? Your timeline is similar to mine. I think you will get passport request soon.
Hi Tamakh,

My DMP mailed the results to Ottawa on July 6th and they reached there on 8th July. Judging by what I have read here, it will take 10-14 days for the processing at Ottawa. So probably by next week the NY office will get them. I will call them this coming Monday to inquire about my case. Giving it another 15-30 days after that within which duration I should get my PPR if the background check has been completed. Something similar to Pasi's timeline give or take a few.
Fingers crossed!! :)

What are your timelines and is NY your office too?

Merlion

Jul 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Greetings!

I'm new to this forum. I submitted my documents to Buffalo CIC last week. I'm currently in Detroit, MI.

I saw in some postings that 'File transferred to NY' or 'Transferred to Detroit' etc. What does it mean? Please brief me!

Cheers!

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Hey Merlion,
Applications are sent over to the consulates you mentioned in the advanced stages.
This usually happens after the preliminary review and from then on all your dealings will be with the new consulate and not Buffalo.
Buffalo does it typically to speed up processing times.
Hope that helps!

Merlion

Jul 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honolulu said:
Hey Merlion,
Applications are sent over to the consulates you mentioned in the advanced stages.
This usually happens after the preliminary review and from then on all your dealings will be with the new consulate and not Buffalo.
Buffalo does it typically to speed up processing times.
Hope that helps!
Thanks for your reply! I have not mentioned anything about the Detroit consulate in my application. Is it to late to put my request? If I transfer my file to Detroit, what is the advantage? Can I avoid sending my passport (once the PR is approved) to Buffalo? Please advise!

Cheers!

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
December 29th
I think it is not our decision.
As far as I know, our option is only to send it to Buffalo and its upto them whether they transfer or not.
My own file remained in Buffalo as has a lot of others.

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Merlion said:
Hello All,

Greetings!

I'm new to this forum. I submitted my documents to Buffalo CIC last week. I'm currently in Detroit, MI.

I saw in some postings that 'File transferred to NY' or 'Transferred to Detroit' etc. What does it mean? Please brief me!

Cheers!
Hi Merlion,

Yes, it is not in your hand and it all depends on your files processing. If your file gets transferred, that is normally a good signal with a probability of expedited processing. So....good luck and be positive! :)

gmr

Jul 24, 2010
Hello All,

This my first post in this forum. I finished my medical 05/27 and there was an additional test which was request by the doctor and it was done on 06/14(Ultra Sound x ray) and met the docotor on 06/22 . Till now i have not received PPR request. Could any seniors in this forum please respond till how much time it takes.

Cheers

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gmr said:
Hello All,

This my first post in this forum. I finished my medical 05/27 and there was an additional test which was request by the doctor and it was done on 06/14(Ultra Sound x ray) and met the docotor on 06/22 . Till now i have not received PPR request. Could any seniors in this forum please respond till how much time it takes.

Cheers
Hi gmr,
When did your medicals reach Ottawa and what is your application office?

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
December 29th
gmr
It may take anything between one to three months for medical to be finalized.
Please remember this is also a time for background checks.