+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
mark_immi said:
Hey smallduck,

When did you receive 2nd AOR....Does anyone of this timeline received medicals?
We are in the same boat :D, I just update my timeline on the left side. My 2nd AOR dated Apr 21 2010.

G

gte439u

mark_immi said:
I believe it might as they check the history/profile of the employer, I read somewhere some people abuse this to complete 67 points. These are actually verified by HRSDC before approval, but I think they might randomly check.
Thanks for the response.

I have enough points without my job, and I am exempt from the Labour Market Opinion issued by HRSDC. I am merely impatient, but staying in Canada appears to be an exercise to build patience.

mark_immi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lets hope August will bring some good news for us.... ;D

smallduck said:
We are in the same boat :D, I just update my timeline on the left side. My 2nd AOR dated Apr 21 2010.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
My best wishes to you, canadacanada. Have a great new life! Cheers.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Honolulu said:
Canada2,Beauhoe,me2land and others who are already there.
torontonian, Mark and good old Pro1(where are u, Pro?) - you are all halfway there already - just need your legitimacy for permanent residence
HOPE TO SEE YOU IN DECEMBER WHEN I LAND.
Hope to learn a lot from you as I am a bit nervous about the new life !!!
I am excited for you, honolulu. Hope your new life in Canada brings in loads of joy and heavenly bliss. Embrace your new journey with glee. Fortune favors the brave! I will see you in Canada, god-willing, and we will laugh and joke about out arduous and perilous :))) journey to Canada. Cheers and all the best to you.

Mark

dream23

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2009
AOR Received.
1st: 19-12-2009(email), 2nd: 17-03-2010(email)
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
July 14,2010 to NYC
Med's Done....
Sep 22, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16, 2011
LANDED..........
June 30, 2012
smallduck said:
Mine was xfered to NY consulate mid July and the status is till "reced by Visa office". Don't worry dude. You are FSW2 and it could be different.
hi smallduck,
mine was also trasferred to NY on July 14,2010. also in "recevied by VO" status

mark_immi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey gte439u,

I was not implying anything, it was just in general. You will surely hear something from them soon...Good Luck

gte439u said:
Thanks for the response.

I have enough points without my job, and I am exempt from the Labour Market Opinion issued by HRSDC. I am merely impatient, but staying in Canada appears to be an exercise to build patience.

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
[/quote]

Hi gte439u,

When you mentioned you are exempt from LMO..does that mean your job is exempt from getting a labour market opinion. I am thinking you must be into IT. If you don't mind could you tell me who long it took to get the work permit under an exempted LMO and if there is any special process the applications go through?

Thanks

G

gte439u

Anil_Toronto said:

Hi gte439u,

When you mentioned you are exempt from LMO..does that mean your job is exempt from getting a labour market opinion. I am thinking you must be into IT. If you don't mind could you tell me who long it took to get the work permit under an exempted LMO and if there is any special process the applications go through?

Thanks
I have a two-year masters degree from a Canadian university, which entitles me to a 3-year post-graduation work permit. I applied for permanent residence when I was working in Canada under a work permit issues pursuant to an international agreement (NAFTA). Neither work permit requires a Labour Market Opinion, and CIC issues the work permits on the payment of the $150 application fee.

Under the immigration regulations, the visa officer can issue the 10 points to AEO without confirmation from HRSDC.

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
gte439u said:
I have a two-year masters degree from a Canadian university, which entitles me to a 3-year post-graduation work permit. I applied for permanent residence when I was working in Canada under a work permit issues pursuant to an international agreement (NAFTA). Neither work permit requires a Labour Market Opinion, and CIC issues the work permits on the payment of the $150 application fee.

Under the immigration regulations, the visa officer can issue the 10 points to AEO without confirmation from HRSDC.
Good for you. I am stuck as in my case my work permit expires soon, the LMO has been denied and the PR application is still in process. So am looking into options at the moment.

Would anyone know if this is correct - Is it necessary for the applicant's work permit to be valid in order for him to receive a PR visa. I was told by a friend yesterday that he read some where that the work permit should be valid at the time of applying and also at the time when CIC is ready to make the final decision which should be after the medicals. If anyone has any updates, please advice.

Thanks

G

gte439u

Anil_Toronto said:
Good for you. I am stuck as in my case my work permit expires soon, the LMO has been denied and the PR application is still in process. So am looking into options at the moment.

Would anyone know if this is correct - Is it necessary for the applicant's work permit to be valid in order for him to receive a PR visa. I was told by a friend yesterday that he read some where that the work permit should be valid at the time of applying and also at the time when CIC is ready to make the final decision which should be after the medicals. If anyone has any updates, please advice.

Thanks
One requires a valid work permit both at the time of application and at the time of receiving your PR visa. Please refer to the selection factor of AEO in Canada on the CIC website (I cannot post a link). You may email the visa office to explain the situation.

kool_Dude1980

Jul 14, 2010
hello group..
i recently got to know that my file has been moved to NYC from Buffalo.. so want to know.. that should I be called for an interview .. would i have to appear at Buffalo or NY? also where would the PPR and visa be issued ? would it be at the NY consulate or Buffalo..

many thanks..

parulkrish

Oct 19, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26,2010
AOR Received.
March 09,2010
File Transfer...
August 04/2010 to New York, IN process 30/08/10
Med's Request
November 8, 2010
Med's Done....
December 6, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
Hi, kool_Dude1980

When did you submit your application to CIO?

Please share timelines

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
kool_Dude1980 said:
hello group..
i recently got to know that my file has been moved to NYC from Buffalo.. so want to know.. that should I be called for an interview .. would i have to appear at Buffalo or NY? also where would the PPR and visa be issued ? would it be at the NY consulate or Buffalo..

many thanks..
Yes, going forward all your processing will be done in NY visa office only. Medicals, PPR and visa will be sent to you from NY only. If needed, you will be asked to come to NY visa office for an interview with the visa officer.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Anil_Toronto said:

Thanks
My understanding is that this is applicable to FSW -2 applicants only. Its there in the CIC guide.

Cheers...