22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Canada medical care costs and insurance for new immigrants

Canada, 4th February: Canada has been witnessing increasing rise in the costs of health and medical care in the recent years.

The health-care system in Canada is in need of reforms to not just make the healthcare and medical care in Canada more affordable but also for bringing significant improvements in terms of quality.

This is especially important keeping in the view the fact that healthcare eats up around 50 percent of the Ontario’s program spending and it might go even higher to 80 percent by the year 2030 if no steps are taken to control rising costs of healthcare in Canada.

Several Canadian provinces are waking up to the need for reforms and are taking steps to control healthcare costs. Ontario took the initiative by announcing reduction of around 50 percent in the prices of the generic drugs along with wiping away of incentive fees to manufacturers of generic drugs.

It was followed by B.C. (British Columbia) and Quebec in introducing measures for controlling high costs of medical and healthcare in Canada. While B.C. announced introduction of fee-for-procedure payments to hospitals, Quebec proposed for payments on every single medical visit.

Private funding for knee surgery, cataract and hip surgery is on the agenda of a couple of Canadian provinces.

What steps are needed—?

• Nurses and doctors in Canada should take their responsibilities for giving suggestions with regard to bringing improvisations in quality and efficiency in the healthcare in Canada.

• Universities and research organizations must play their role in bringing everyone closer by involving the media for getting consultations from the public.

• Drug manufacturers must suggest cost saving techniques. • Academics should chalk out proposal for promoting good health in the nation.

Health coverage for newcomers in Canada---—

• If you are a potential immigrant wanting to move to any of the Canadian provinces including British Columbia, Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick, make sure to buy short-term healthcare insurance from any private company before you arrive here. The reason is that you will not be eligible for health plan incentives till you have stayed for a minimum of three months after moving here. In case, you don’t do so, at least ensure to get health insurance within 5 days after arriving in Canada.

• After your arrival in Canada. Apply soon for a health card in the concerned Canadian province to get free health coverage in Canada by showing three identity proofs of your immigration status in Canada.

kambooozia

Dec 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2010
kambooozia said:
Dear experienced forumers,

My application for code 1122-buffalo was recieve by CIO on september 20, 2010.

I have not received PER yet.

but today i checked e CAS, using the client ID on my canadian work permit for authentication.

previously, i could not access e CAS but today i could !!

My application status was In process.

there's a link in e CAS that shows the possible status messages for
those who have sent their application to CIO. see appendix.

based on the info on that page, I am eligible and must have received two letters,
one by CIO and one by visa office. but i have NOT.

Does anyone have a clue on what's going on?

VO office answered my question:
they said:

Please do not send us e-Cas screens, e-Cas is for applications processing within Canada only.

Immigration cases being processed in Visa offices outside Canada use a system different from that used to process similar applications in Canada. As a result, the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) does not reflect the status of cases being processed in Buffalo.

kambooozia

Dec 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2010
odin2404 said:
I am a little confused about looking up the status:

The first page says "In Process"

To which do I look up Application for Permanent Residence Outside Canada status or Application for Permanent Residence - Federal skilled Worker submitted to Sydney, Nova Scotia status?

Coz based on that IN PROCESS means different things. And i know sure as hell that it's not past the VO check so soon as indicated in the Application for Permanent Residence - Federal skilled Worker submitted to Sydney, Nova Scotia status

To further confuse issues - Should we be looking up IN PROCESS at all or the next page which says "we received your application ..."

I know there's been quite a bit of back and forth on this...just thought I'd check.
Buffalo wrote to me:

Please do not send us e-Cas screens, e-Cas is for applications processing within Canada only.

Immigration cases being processed in Visa offices outside Canada use a system different from that used to process similar applications in Canada. As a result, the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) does not reflect the status of cases being processed in Buffalo.

hope this helps

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
kambooozia said:
Buffalo wrote to me:

hope this helps
Oh Goody ... so now e-cas screens are totally useless!

Salvador1981

Feb 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Sep-2010
IELTS Request
Sent w/application
kambooozia said:
Buffalo wrote to me:

hope this helps
Hi Kamboozia,

Sorry to bother you, just a quick question. When was the last time you were not able to review your status in e-cas?. I've applied on September 30th, CC processed Oct-5, and nothing yet. I am starting to think is because I might get an NER, usually it takes longer to say no than to say yes. Maybe I am overthinking too much, and I do not want to desencourage anybody. Thanks.

ash ali

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
FIJI
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APPLICATION RECEIVED BY CIO - 09/11/2010
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
AOR Received.
PER - 23/02/11, 2nd AOR - 22/03/11
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
15/03/11
Med's Request
25/05/11
Med's Done....
16/06/11 / newborns - 17/11/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!!!
Passport Req..
26/07/2011 / 06/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
19/01/2012
LANDED..........
INSHA ALLAH BY APRIL 2012!!!
Destined said:
Dear Wayne...

Turn me BLUE...
I JUST RECEIVED MY PER.
jUST SAW THE EMAIL.
THANKS A BUNCH TO ALL MEMBERS WITH OUT WHOSE SUPPORT MY APPLICATION WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED.. eSPECIALLY TO ANIL, WAYNE, INDIRA ,FMA, AND MANY OTHER ...

WISH ALL BEST LUCK N WISH N PRAY FOR EVERY ONES DREAMS TO GET THEIR MAPLES

DESTINED.
hey this is great news...congrats..

atleast some October applicants are getting PER....but they really working randomly this time...not following the norm 'first come first serve basis'...

well but we are used to being surprised by CIO :eek:

Oct 5, 2010
Scotland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought I would post a quick update to let you know that I still havent heard anything back from the CIO yet. As much as I would love it to be a PER I am thinking at this point its probably going to be a NER but we will just need to wait and see. I also wanted to say thanks to the positive comments posted whilst I have been waiting to hear some news.

Will update again as soon as I hear anything either way.

Good luck to everybody still waiting from September and I hope we all hear soon.

engy

Oct 24, 2010
egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Aug 2010
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2010 ---2AOR 21 FEB 2011
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
10 Feb 2011
Med's Request
2 May 2011
Med's Done....
12 May 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27 July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
8 August 2011
LANDED..........
24 march 2012
DEAR FRIENDS,

Really missed you the whole week becouse of lack of internet connection here in Egypt.
I would like to tell you some news:

1- my E case is IN PROCESS with one line about the recieving date only without ( medical recieved) line.

2- CIO answered my enquiry about Cairo VO reply about 120 days for submetting documents and here is the answer from CIO:

Dear Sir/Madam:

As your application was assessed under Ministerial Instructions 2 (received on or after June 26, 2010), your application was sent with all supporting documents to visa office Cairo. As shipping files from one country to another takes time, they may not have received it as yet. Please allow sufficient time for the visa office to receive your documents. Thank you. They will contact you in due course.

Applications assessed under Ministerial Instructions 1 require clients to submit a complete application with all documents to their designated visa office within 120 days of the date on their assessment letter.

Thank you.

CB

3- Unfortunately, Cairo VO was closed since 31-1-2011 and a note was published on CIC website
Due to circumstances beyond the Embassy of Canada’s control, as of January 31, 2011, the services of the Visa and Immigration Section of the Embassy of Canada to Egypt are temporarily suspended. The visa office cannot respond to enquiries at this time.

Congratulations for PER recievers and Manila VO applicants who recived their second AOR

I am sure that your warm wishes for EGYPT and our application will make a difference.
Engy

Viktoria

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
13.07.2011 add. document
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
17.10.2011 In process........: 23.11.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Congratulations Destined, Imani and all October applicants, especially dcho, you are the champion my friend.One day PER the other, second AOR.

Are your aunts working for the CIO and VO? :) :) :) I am so glad for you, congratulation again!

Interesting! Where are the negatives?

Viktoria

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
4.3.11 IN PROCESS 26.7.11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
engy said:
DEAR FRIENDS,

Really missed you the whole week becouse of lack of internet connection here in Egypt.
I would like to tell you some news:

3- Unfortunately, Cairo VO was closed since 31-1-2011 and a note was published on CIC website
Due to circumstances beyond the Embassy of Canada's control, as of January 31, 2011, the services of the Visa and Immigration Section of the Embassy of Canada to Egypt are temporarily suspended. The visa office cannot respond to enquiries at this time.

Congratulations for PER recievers and Manila VO applicants who recived their second AOR

I am sure that your warm wishes for EGYPT and our application will make a difference.
Engy
:( :(
Most sincere condolences, engy.
I hope that the problems in your country will soon be resolved and the Visa Office will soon be up and running again. Best of luck to all the Cairo applicants for a speedy resolution.

Imani

Feb 3, 2011
Hi Wayne,

Thank you for adding me to the spreadsheet list. Here are the details that i had not included in the previous post;
Application received by CIO; Oct 15, 2010
police certificate; Not yet sent
E-cas status; In process

Imani

voicu

Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2011 App. Delivered: 25-01-2011 CC Charged....: 27-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011 PCC Req........: 18-04-2011 Medical Req....: 07-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent w/App Payment.........: CC DHL Signed By: DOUG
Destined said:
Dear Wayne...

Turn me BLUE...
I JUST RECEIVED MY PER.
Congrats !!!

Hey guys did you noticed there is no more negs ratings ... :D

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
ENGY: I second Queencougar's remarks. We hold our breath as we watch the news reports and hope that the situation in Egypt will be resolved soon and without further bloodshed. To all those applying from Egypt, we also hope the Embassy will not be closed for long, or at least the files will be transferred to an efficient VO = Manilla if you are lucky? Good luck to all.

kambooozia

Dec 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2010
Salvador1981 said:
Hi Kamboozia,

Sorry to bother you, just a quick question. When was the last time you were not able to review your status in e-cas?. I've applied on September 30th, CC processed Oct-5, and nothing yet. I am starting to think is because I might get an NER, usually it takes longer to say no than to say yes. Maybe I am overthinking too much, and I do not want to desencourage anybody. Thanks.
Hi, I'm not sure. I received my PER email on Jan 12. it's possible that i
couldn't login to e-CAS in the first week of jan. or even after jan 12th.
Feb. 3rd was my first login.
I guess access to e-CAS can not be interpreted as a positive/negative result.