Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
how many days CIC office will remain closed for Christmas and happy new year?

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
4.3.11 IN PROCESS 26.7.11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
wenstumped said:
Thanks Queencougar, +1 from me, as a thank you for calming my nerves. I wish you all the best and hope we all get our PERs soon. ;D

I hope OH gets to you safe and sound and you have a lovely Christmas, birthday and new year's together!!!
And the same best wishes to you. Enjoy the company of your loved ones in the knowledge that good things are waiting just around the corner.......

zint

Aug 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2011
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
PER 31-01-2012
i have just received an email from CIO as reply to my inquiry of my application status

file#Bxxxxxxxxx
Your application has been received by our office, and is currently awaiting review.
Thank you
d.a

rilov

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Dr.Hasib said:
how many days CIC office will remain closed for Christmas and happy new year?
I work with a Canadian Company here .. For us Thursday is Half day and Friday and Monday is Holiday
31st is Half day . thats the official holiday for our company but the fact is that nobody is at work every body is on holiday for this week and next week.. Only few guys are working.. so till first week of January most of them will be on vacation..

C

Cam1234

cfr1907 said:
Hello everyone,

I am a quiet follower of this amazing thread. I went through all the pages and read all the postings. You are simply great great great individuals. I apologize for not contributing to this thread at all but all my thoughts and ideas were somehow expressed by you guys.
That being said I first want to congratulate all PER receivers. You lead the way now. We are next and I strongly believe our fame moment is soon to arrive.

Second reason I finally decided to have a posting is because I didn't want to step into the next year without wishing you all the best.

Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones!
Hi cfr1907:

Welcome to the party. None of us know much by ourselves, it is when we discuss things collectively that everything becomes clear. Please join the fun regularly, we can use your input as well.

Happy Holidays to you and your family,
Cam

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Zint: Congratulations on getting that information. It seems a small step compared to others here, but of that I am envious! Am so glad they are working on it for you. All the best!

C

Cam1234

rilov said:
I work with a Canadian Company here .. For us Thursday is Half day and Friday and Monday is Holiday
31st is Half day . thats the official holiday for our company but the fact is that nobody is at work every body is on holiday for this week and next week.. Only few guys are working.. so till first week of January most of them will be on vacation..
So counting today, we have four full business days and two half days before the New Years, if they go by your company schedule... So realistically we should be happy if all applicants on Sept. 7, 8 and 9 get their PERs before new year. The rest of us will have to wait for Jan... They must be finishing up with Sept 3rd applicants right now.

sunny82

Star Member
Dec 10, 2010
hello,
i went thru section PROOF OF FUNDS but i cudnt find anythng new there,,,,can anyone tellme about wht r the new changes regarding PROOF OF FUNDS . Secondly do we need to send PROOF OF FUNDS with the initial information to CIO,nova scotia ?

thnks

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
anil04_10 said:
Dear Friends

Please check this
.... Immigration Authorities have recently updated the Proof of Funds requirement..... Will affect by few hundred dollars

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Cheers, Anil
As far as I can tell - POF for 2 people (when we applied on Aug 30) was $13,801 and now it is $13,837 so they now require an additional $36 for new applicants.

Was it really worth even updating the amounts? :)

Wayne.

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
sunny82 said:
hello,
i went thru section PROOF OF FUNDS but i cudnt find anythng new there,,,,can anyone tellme about wht r the new changes regarding PROOF OF FUNDS . Secondly do we need to send PROOF OF FUNDS with the initial information to CIO,nova scotia ?

thnks
I don't think anything has changed except for the amounts, which are updated every year as you would expect to reflect the growth in the cost of living.
I believe proof of funds is required when you land and must be in unencumbered funds, meaning not tied up in bonds or shares and you must not have borrowed the money. The checklist when we applied did ask for proof of funds to be included but since we are Cat 2, that does not apply to us.
Look at the document checklist to see what must be included.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
queencougar said:
Be calm, wenstumped! Everything will come in its own good time and we will be able to join the party.
My OH and I are fretting and e-mail watching both sides of the Atlantic, as he is working in Vancouver and has been since August.
He is flying back on Thursday to spend Christmas with me and it would be so great to receive PER before he gets here so we can celebrate this important step together.
I am not sure how many apps they will have received between 2nd and 7th, because it was a weekend followed by a Public Holiday that weekend, so they wouldn't have been working and there was no post or courier delivery during that time. So although there seems to be many days between 2nd and 7th, in reality there wasn't much time for apps to be received in between them and us. I realised some time ago that it would be cutting it fine for us to get PER before Christmas, but I didn't realise it would be this close! We must try to relax and not let this spoil the holiday feeling for us. That would be a shame. We are assured to be the next with good news, so what is a day or two between friends :D?
It is very wearing waiting and watching constantly I know, but now for me the excitement of seeing my husband again has taken over and all I want is for him to come back safely.
My birthday is next week, so maybe our PERs will come as a birthday gift from CIO to us all rather than a Christmas gift.
Well you get 2 shots to get PER before the end of year, because there are 3 working days next week as well, if it doesn't arrive this week! :)

Wayne.

sunny82

Star Member
Dec 10, 2010
i found tht in my VO checklist which is LONDON ,,its written that u have to send PROOF OF FUNDS as,

SETTLEMENT FUNDS
Refer to the "Proof of Funds" section of our Web site for exact figures and instructions.
Provide proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible currency available for settlement in Canada (for you and your family members):
•current bank certification letter; or
•evidence of savings balance; or
•fixed or time deposit statements

seniors plz advice

thnx

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
sunny82 said:
i found tht in my VO checklist which is LONDON ,,its written that u have to send PROOF OF FUNDS as,

SETTLEMENT FUNDS
Refer to the "Proof of Funds" section of our Web site for exact figures and instructions.
Provide proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible currency available for settlement in Canada (for you and your family members):
•current bank certification letter; or
•evidence of savings balance; or
•fixed or time deposit statements

seniors plz advice

thnx
My visa office is London.

We did not send a current bank certificate, or evidence of savings balance or fixed or time deposit statement.

Instead we sent 3 house valuations and a mortgage letter proving how much equity we had in our property. Asked on another forum and many people for London have done a similar thing. At the time we applied we didn't have enough bank funds hence why we used our house equity as proof.

Anyway we have passed the completeness check and received our confirmation of positive final eligibility so I can confirm there are no problems with using property as proof of funds at least up to visa office stage.

We have been saving up funds so by March time we'll have all the needed funds in the bank without needing to rely on selling our house prior to landing, so if visa office ask for additional proof of funds we should have plenty.

Wayne.

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
Cappuccino said:
Well you get 2 shots to get PER before the end of year, because there are 3 working days next week as well, if it doesn't arrive this week! :)

Wayne.
To receive PER while my OH is here would be very special indeed.
I wonder if by some Christmas magic the people at CIO could know that my OH and I are together for only a few precious but brief days, after which we will be separated again until another brief visit at Easter. If they could only know how much it hurts to be apart and how fervently we are hoping to be able to soothe the pain of parting on New Years Day by knowing that our app has been approved and we can see an end to our painful separation. I know they would hurry to send out our e-mail if they knew these things.
Christmas is a time for special things to happen, isn't it?