13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Has anyone considered that the reason for suddenly changing the process so that they do even more work now, and the visa office do a lot less, is that they know visa offices are really bogged under and they were not expecting such a low intake this year?

They probably figured they're unlikely to even hit the 20,000 cap so they have more capacity, hence why they are lightening the load for visa office?

Wayne.

harvin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct-20-2010, CC charged Oct-27-10
IELTS Request
Sent along with app 8.5
File Transfer...
RBVO - Mar-25-11
Also, EG7 (Oct-10) revision states this wrt PCC

All applicants must submit police certificates/clearances as part of the application process.
You and all of your family members who are 18 years of age and older and who are not already permanent residents or Canadian citizens will have to provide:
 a valid police certificate, or
 a police clearance, or
 a record of no information.

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We know for a fact that the VOs are still dealing with the pre June 2010 applications so maybe that's the reason the CIC have decided to do as much of the processing for our batch as possible. The VO clears the backlog and the CIC does the processing for all the newer applications.

Who knows, maybe we'll get our visas before the June 1-25th 2010 applicants!!! ;D

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Cam1234 said:
People there are more changes. It appears that CIC office will do the bulk of the work. In the old guidelines, after the completeness check and eligibility assessment, which we knew would take place at CIC, we thought "Selection and admissibility" would take place at VO. The new guidelines state that selection and admissibility will also take place at CIC... They are going to do the bulk of the work at CIC, that is why it will take a longtime before our applications reac.....................

The new Guidelines:

Completeness check
Citizenship and Immigration Canada reviews your application to make sure that:
 all required fields in your application forms are complete,
 all required documents are submitted from both the CIO document checklist (IMM 5612), and visa-office-specific document checklist,
 the correct processing fee payment has been made.
If your application is:
 incomplete or;
 the occupation you are applying under has reached the allowable limit under category 1,
your entire package (including your payment) will be returned to you with a letter explaining why it is being returned.
Eligibility Review
An officer will make a final determination of eligibility of your application to determine whether:
 your application qualifies for processing under one of the two categories described in the Ministerial Instructions
If your application does not qualify for processing under the Ministerial Instructions you will be sent a letter that:
 provides the reason why your application is not eligible for processing
 confirms that a refund for the processing fee will be issued
Selection and Admissibility
If your application is eligible for processing, your application will be assessed against the following requirements:
 minimal requirements
 selection factors
 sufficient funds
 admissibility (criminality, security, medical)
 If your score is equal to or greater than the pass mark, your application will be sent to the visa office for further processing.
Nice evaluation..+1 from me; Cant understand 1 factor: Admisibility(criminality,medical)..As we will send pcc & medical to VO, i believe it is a task for VO, not for CIO. Besides, what will VO do as further processing. Can you clarify?

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
wenstumped said:
We know for a fact that the VOs are still dealing with the pre June 2010 applications so maybe that's the reason the CIC have decided to do as much of the processing for our batch as possible. The VO clears the backlog and the CIC does the processing for all the newer applications.

Who knows, maybe we'll get our visas before the June 1-25th 2010 applicants!!! ;D
I severely doubt that. VO will still be responsible for issuing our visas, and I don't think they will do that until they have issued all pre-June-2010 applicants' visas (after all each visa office has a limit on how many they are allowed to issue each year).

But this relieves some burden from the visa offices to allow them to process the very large influx of January to June 2010 applications (around 100,000 I believe).

If 33 weeks represents the time it takes to get medical requests, then the actual timeline for us is about the same as normal pre-June-2010 applications. However, the lack of any AOR means a far more frustrating wait for us.

No 1st AOR. No 2nd AOR. No ECAS to check.

Just utter darkness for 8 months until you (maybe/hopefully) get your medical request.

Wayne.

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
For the guys who submitted in sept and oct who did not include their PCC in their submission, what are they going to do???

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
kolhapuri said:
For the guys who submitted in sept and oct who did not include their PCC in their submission, what are they going to do???
VO will ask for them once their app gets to VO. Although the way CIC are currently changing their process it is possible that CIC will ask for them!

Wayne.

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
Dr.Hasib said:
Nice evaluation..+1 from me; Cant understand 1 factor: Admisibility(criminality,medical)..As we will send pcc & medical to VO, i believe it is a task for VO, not for CIO. Besides, what will VO do as further processing. Can you clarify?
medicals I think will be sent by DMP to London directly, while PCCs may be mailed to VO to signify PCC receipt and confirm to CIO.

C

Cam1234

Dr.Hasib said:
Hi Dr. Hasib:
I don't have an answer, except to think that CIC will not have much to do for the rest of the year than to process the 20,000 applications (In my opinion there will be less than 13,000 total applications for the year). So if they take care of post June 26 applicants, this frees VOs to take care of the backlog.

In all honesty, I think CIC has things under great control, more than we give them credit for. Sure there are little glitches in their plan here and there, but they are correcting them promptly. Furthermore, the more we find out about what they are doing, the more we realize there is a master plan at work, which is well coordinated. I can see how under the current plan post June 26 applicants could be processed between 6 to 12 months.

Hope I am correct,
Cam

vivimm

Nov 18, 2010
Hi everyone,

Hi,

I sent my application the same day when CAP for NOC 1122 reached its max. limit. Now, I'm waiting for the return of my application from the CIO. My question is: how long will the CIO take to return files and fees? Will they send me a rejection letter?

I'm evaluating to submit a study visa application while waiting for July 1st, but I need most of the documents sent in my application.

Is anyone in this situation? Does anyone know the time CIO take to respond in this cases (full cap)??

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
hi all

i know all of u are using gmail callphone feature to call up CIO. I am facing a wierd problem with it from
some days.. the call phone keeps saying "download the voice plugin again and again( i alreday have it installed).. when i click to download it again, it takes me to the google site for callphone which doesnt have any link to download the voice plugin... is anybody facing the same problem??? any solutions??

thanks
avi_15

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Coffee said:
medicals I think will be sent by DMP to London directly, while PCCs may be mailed to VO to signify PCC receipt and confirm to CIO.
Yeah, it's sounding like CIC send your medical requests, then they'll mail your app to VO and the DMP sends results of your medicals to VO, and then the VO issues PPR.

So medical requests by April don't sound TOO bad, just the void in between of not knowing if you've passed eligibility review (or for some people if their application was even received!) :)

Wayne.

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
So, 33 weeks it is.

If that is the case then I see one benefit to those whose apps will ultimately be rejected in the end:
at least they won't know it until after a few months from now and will , in the meantime, live in the state of uncertain expectation like the rest of applicants :)