+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

C

Cam1234

Cappuccino said:
Added to that the factual differences that people have been told, and the fact that the "CIC" staff cannot seem to access the actual CIC computer system, and all this lends itself to the theory that the number people have been calling are in fact either some separate customer service unit, or even an outsourced third party whose job it is to take CIC's phone calls. One can almost imagine CIC telling them "If they ask about AORs, just tell them 33 weeks" as a blanket fob-off. It may also explain why some "CIC" staff hadn't even seem to have heard of an AOR.

Some of the earliest applications are now sitting on 130+ days since their applications arrived, and not only have no AOR, they have no timeline or expectation as to when they might realistically be expecting to get one.

CIC stated on their website (would need to check but they probably still do) that AOR should take 45 to 90 days...
Wayne.
What I personally know from talking to CIC: (and to answer some of your concerns above)

1. The number we are dialing is Central Immigration in Ottawa, they are not some out sourced 3rd party.

2. They do have access to the Sydney computer system, the agent I spoke to even had access to a list of those people whose completeness check had failed, and their applications were being returned.

3. After June 26, Sydney not only has the new responsibility of doing the Completeness check, but full eligibility. My understanding is, most of the eligibility work was done at VOs before. So add the time required to do completeness checks and full eligibility for everyone and that is why we are not getting AORs in 45 to 90 days.

4. Because of the procedure mentioned in 3 above, the job at the VOs will be less and therefore consume less time.

5. AORs come from Sydney

6. I don't know of anyone outside of this forum who has heard of the term AOR, I first heard of it here and thought it was a term made up on these threads. They simply call it a notification, either by email or letter, that you have either passed or failed eligibility; if passed you will get your ID number in the communication.

Hope this has been helpful,
Cam

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cam1234 said:
6. I don't know of anyone outside of this forum who has heard of the term AOR, I first heard of it here and thought it was a term made up on these threads. They simply call it a notification, either by email or letter, that you have either passed or failed eligibility; if passed you will get your ID number in the communication.
Small correction ... "Acknowledgement of Receipt" and "AOR" were used many times in the CIC manuals and documents. An example for this usage is in the OP1 section 5.18

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English//resources/manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf

C

Cam1234

asaif said:
Small correction ... "Acknowledgement of Receipt" and "AOR" were used many times in the CIC manuals and documents. An example for this usage is in the OP1 section 5.18

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English//resources/manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf
Thank you asaif, I was sure it was a legitimate term or else so many people would not be using it. It's just that I had never heard or read about it in the current guides... when is this OP1 Procedures Guide from?

Here it is:

Appendix F Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) letter (sample wording)

"Dear ................
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada, which was received at this office on (date). Processing time Applications for permanent residence in Canada in the foreign national category that you have applied to require on average ..... months to process at this office. If you have not received any instructions from this office by (date), you are requested to contact this office directly. You will be notified of the appointment for your interview, if required, approximately ..... months prior to the date of the interview, and you will be provided with further instructions at that time. If you have not received notification of your interview appointment by (date), please contact this office directly.

Interview
Section 15 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act authorizes an officer to proceed with an
examination where a person makes an application for permanent residence in Canada for the purpose of determining whether the person and all accompanying family members appear to be persons who may be granted entry into Canada. A personal interview may be required as part of the examination process. Section 16 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination. If an applicant appears for the interview without all the family members as required by the officer, then the required examination cannot be completed. This means that the applicant would be found to be inadmissible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that they are unable to comply with all the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations, following sections 11 and 41 of the Act.

Interpreters
Interpreters must be arranged in advance for any family members who will be interviewed and who are unable to communicate well in either of Canada's official languages of English or French. Instructions for the provision of interpreters will be provided to you prior to your interview appointment.

Non-resident applications
If you or any of your accompanying family members are not normally resident in the area of responsibility of this office, then you should be aware that there may be additional delay in the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada. This delay will result from the need to refer your case to the Canadian immigration office that is responsible for the country in which you or your family members normally reside. This referral is necessary to verify any information that you have provided with your application, or for advice concerning qualifications or other matters of a local concern that should be taken into account when assessing your application.
I trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

Thank you for your interest in Canada."

Thanks for showing it to me,
Cam

Kenesha

Nov 16, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
Med's Request
25-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-09-2012
Passport Req..
16/02/14
VISA ISSUED...
03/04/14
LANDED..........
31/07/14
No News is Good News! Just be patient and optimistic. If there are any rejections CIC would send a letter or email to such individual within a month after receiving the application. Don't worry all, post June 26, 2010 is a new introductory process and applicants will be processed within a reasonable time, its just being dealt with in a different way. The AOR delay should be viewed as a good sign :D

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cam1234 said:
Appendix F Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) letter (sample wording)

"Dear ................
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada, which was received at this office on (date). Processing time Applications for permanent residence in Canada in the foreign national category that you have applied to require on average ..... months to process at this office. If you have not received any instructions from this office by (date), you are requested to contact this office directly. You will be notified of the appointment for your interview, if required, approximately ..... months prior to the date of the interview, and you will be provided with further instructions at that time. If you have not received notification of your interview appointment by (date), please contact this office directly.
So this is what an AOR could look like. I think I'm going to fill in my details, print it out and put it up on my wall as a part of a vision board. Yeah! I'll try anything right now!!! :p

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I just had a peek at the 'June 2010' thread and there was a person there who had the application filed on the 9th of June and received the first AOR on 17th of November. Maybe our batch will start receiving the AORs in the next 2-3 weeks too! At least I'm hoping such to be the case with all my heart. ;D

CanadaJimmy

Nov 4, 2010
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wenstumped you should enter the "BOAR" competition :) I've gone for around that time too, 22 November. It just makes sense to me now.

I'm beginning to think that all this nonsense about a huge delay just originates from the poorly trained uninformed CIC call centre staff. They have been and always will be absolutely useless. If only we could find out the sort of thing they were telling people around this time last year.

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
Cappuccino said:
Hi,

I think the problem when talking to CIC is that people's experiences have vastly differed. People have been told different things, and experienced different levels of friendliness. Some CIC staff have been pleasant, others have found the caller to be a nuisance and seemed irritated to have received the call.

Added to that the factual differences that people have been told, and the fact that the "CIC" staff cannot seem to access the actual CIC computer system, and all this lends itself to the theory that the number people have been calling are in fact either some separate customer service unit, or even an outsourced third party whose job it is to take CIC's phone calls. One can almost imagine CIC telling them "If they ask about AORs, just tell them 33 weeks" as a blanket fob-off. It may also explain why some "CIC" staff hadn't even seem to have heard of an AOR.

Some of the earliest applications are now sitting on 130+ days since their applications arrived, and not only have no AOR, they have no timeline or expectation as to when they might realistically be expecting to get one.

CIC stated on their website (would need to check but they probably still do) that AOR should take 45 to 90 days. Even at their worst CIC has never delayed anyone by as long as this. 33 weeks from the date the application was received is over 230 days. If those 33 weeks are from when the application was cashed, then the earliest applicants are looking at a further 60 day delay (since their applications were received in early June but not cashed until early September). That's 300 days since their application was received!!!

Wayne.
Some have managed to turn our "1 minute vs 10 minutes per email" discussion into a show of deep and profound knowledge of modern softwares with capacity to send 4000 emails per second ;D
Pun intended, not at you though.

On a serious note:
I was thinking the same about CIC toll free number being answered by anyone except CIC , however i have just read the other member confirming with certainty that Call Center is indeed a CIC office in Canada with access to Sydney NS and not some third party/outsourced contractor.
So, which one is it?
If CIC call center is just an outsourced contractor who reads off script then it's total waste of time to call and inquire anything about our apps.
On the other hand, if it's indeed CIC office, then some members who seem to regularly call and succeed getting through could ask them specifically when the Sydney plans to send to local VO's the apps that have already passed eligibility check.

There must be some reason for them not to send out AOR's like they used to (we can speculate endlessly as to what exactly the reason is). Some day we may know what the reason is and certainly at some point we will all learn about progress or rejection of our cases.

Until then I am out of the guessing game , you all have fun ;D

johnyusa

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Kenesha said:
No News is Good News! Just be patient and optimistic. If there are any rejections CIC would send a letter or email to such individual within a month after receiving the application. Don't worry all, post June 26, 2010 is a new introductory process and applicants will be processed within a reasonable time, its just being dealt with in a different way. The AOR delay should be viewed as a good sign :D
I agree with you. I also think if they had to reject some applications, they might have done so already. And also, since they are not accepting any new applications for NOC 1122, they may have a plan to process all the 1000 applications received till now. With this process, there are more chances for processing your application than pre-june 26 unless there is some blatant mistake in your application. Remember that this is first time, CIC is doing this verification and so it may take more time. I think people are getting anxious because from the instructions they came up with after june 26, it appeared the process is going to be lot faster and that is what people are assuming. I hope everything goes well with everyone. Cheers!

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
GUYS I HOPE THIS IS NOT A FALSE ALARM

An applicant got an AOR
Check this URL
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/is-this-an-aor-t57952.0.html

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
canady said:

An applicant got an AOR
Check this URL
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/is-this-an-aor-t57952.0.html
I was about to post the same link ;D

C

Cam1234

canady said:

An applicant got an AOR
Check this URL
I doubt it Canady, here is where our friend posted last:

Re: <<<< Full Doc's sent in November 2010 to Buffalo Visa Office >>>>
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 05:36:27 pm »

Got the AOR today. It's a very happy day. :D

I'm thinking he sent his full docs to Buffalo in late October and received AOR for those docs today.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/full-docs-sent-in-november-2010-to-buffalo-visa-office-t56897.0.html;msg500489#msg500489

Cam

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
His profile info is:

Visa Office......: Buffalo
App. Filed.......: 28-10-2010
AOR Received.: 18-11-2010

I asked him to confirm whether he is pre or post June, i hope he is a post June applicant. I hate this boring wait :( :(

Cam1234 said:
I doubt it Canady, here is were our friend posted last:

Re: <<<< Full Doc's sent in November 2010 to Buffalo Visa Office >>>>
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 05:36:27 pm »

Got the AOR today. It's a very happy day. :D

I'm thinking he sent his full docs to Buffalo in late October and received AOR for those docs today.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/full-docs-sent-in-november-2010-to-buffalo-visa-office-t56897.0.html;msg500489#msg500489

Cam

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
canada0801 said:
I was about to post the same link ;D
Thanks for sharing buddies.
I saw the link but it is not clear if the application was family class or FSW.
I guess timing is different for FSW and other class of applicants. Or is it?
May be seniors know better.

C

Cam1234

canady said:
His profile info is:

Visa Office......: Buffalo
App. Filed.......: 28-10-2010
AOR Received.: 18-11-2010

I asked him to confirm whether he is pre or post June, i hope he is a post June applicant. I hate this boring wait :( :(
More from our friend:

"Hi All,

I want to apply for PR under the Self Employed class through Buffalo as the CIC website directs me to, but the Buffalo website has no indication of taking Business Immigration applications (w w w.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/applying_pr-demande_rp.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=12&menu=L).

Does anyone know if Buffalo does take such applications? Or is Buffalo closed off to Business Immigration?

Thanks!"

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/business-immigrant-through-buffalo-t56851.0.html;msg483353#msg483353