13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
canada0801 said:
Somebody, some group of CIC employees or a department within must be responsible for issuing AOR.
The only thing being apparent ,up to this moment, is that whatever resourses are to be used for AOR have not yet been deployed.

It is an idle speculation , of course, to make theories about real reason for not issuing AOR's for post June 26th, and if i was to offer an entertaining guess i would simply ask "What if AOR will be issued only AFTER it's transferred to VO and BY VO, which is only THEN considered to be fully passed of eligibility review by CIC Sydney and ready for further processing?" It would make sense if they did so, then they could at once send AOR and request for PCC and save extra resourses necessary to mail out twice, once from Nova Scotia and then from local VO, while they would be working on files to determine which will go further in pipeline with meds , passport request, visa issuance and etc.
Some will say sending an email notification of AOR doesn't cost anything, i would disagree, anything , even sending a copy-pasted email with scripted 'acceted' message takes time , as someone literally has to attend to it to do it. Even if it takes 10 minutes per applicant to do so, multiply it by thousands of applicants and you get in excess of 550 man/hours (just for apps received so far), why waste these resourses on AOR emails when it could better be used to work on actual files and let VO do the AOR's once they receive it?
Just an idle speculation.

Wish you all best of luck :)

10 minutes to send 1 email? Are they typing with their feet? :) Even if it is done completely manually, let's time it

1. Type email address into address window = 10 seconds
2. Paste the "Your file has been sent to XXX" standard AOR email = 5 seconds
3. Edit the name, dates and visa office information = 30 secs?
4. Hit the send button = 2 seconds

= less than 50 seconds
Even a slow operative this would take at most 1 minute. That's 4000 minutes, which is around 66 man hours. And that's assuming that non of the process is automated.

Why expend the resource doing this? Because it extends thousands of applicants the courtesy of knowing if they have passed their eligiblity review, without having to wait 8 months for visa office to look at it for them to find out if they even passed this first stage.

Personally, given those applicants spent an estimated CAD £4,000,000 and 160,000 of their hours on the applications, I think a flimsy 66 hours in return is a small price for CIC to pay.

If they did this as the eligibility reviews were complete, 66 hours divided by the 145 days that have passed so far = less than 30 minutes per day of 1 person's time. I heard there were 47 visa officers at CIC. That works at least than 1 minute per person per day.

Wayne.

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
Cam1234 said:
Phase Description: Eligibility Review

An officer will make a final determination of eligibility of your application to determine whether:
 your application qualifies for processing under one of the two categories described in the Ministerial Instructions
If your application qualifies for processing , you will be sent a letter that:
 notifies you of this fact and provides you with your reference number,
If your application does not qualify for processing under the Ministerial Instructions you will be sent a letter that:
 provides the reason why your application is not eligible for processing
 confirms that a refund for the processing fee will be issued
1. Does it say anywhere which officer will do a FINAL determination of eligibility, would it be CIC Sydney NS officer or local VO officer?

2. It the offier responsible for making such FINAL determination is in Sydney ,Nova Scotia office, does it say anywhere that:
a) it is precisely THAT officer or office that will send AOR
or
b)just that you will be informed at some point after such final determination of its' result?

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
Cappuccino said:
10 minutes to send 1 email? Are they typing with their feet? :) Even if it is done completely manually, let's time it

= less than 50 seconds
Even a slow operative this would take at most 1 minute. That's 4000 minutes, which is around 66 man hours. And that's assuming that non of the process is automated.

Why expend the resource doing this? Because it extends thousands of applicants the courtesy of knowing if they have passed their eligiblity review, without having to wait 8 months for visa office to look at it for them to find out if they even passed this first stage.

Personally, given those applicants spent an estimated CAD £4,000,000 and 160,000 of their hours on the applications, I think a flimsy 66 hours in return is a small price for CIC to pay.

If they did this as the eligibility reviews were complete, 66 hours divided by the 145 days that have passed so far = less than 30 minutes per day of 1 person's time. I heard there were 47 visa officers at CIC. That works at least than 1 minute per person per day.

Wayne.
No officer in government office responsible for this task will do it like a robot you describe. It's not a factory somewhere in far off land with supervisor walking around with a whip. This is a large bureaucratic government office that probably has it's guidilenes of how to measure time required to complete each task, and i don't beleive anyone will stay there doing the job if you force them to spend less than 1 minute per email for 8 hours a day.

Anyway, this is just my opnion, take or leave it :)

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
pun123 said:
As per

http://www.capic.ca/newsfiles/1RDIMS-NATIONAL-CICIP_Meeting_Record_04-30-10_English.pdf

they have a meeting tomorrow. Lets keep checking if some relavent information comes out
splendid piece of info, thanks for finding and sharing, pun123!

Spicejet

Star Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2010, CC 09-09-2010
IELTS Request
Sent - 8.5
One particular pecularity i would imagine in delaying the AORs is that how are the applicants supposed to send additional information to the CIO. The CIO call center has confirmed that no additional documentation regarding the application can be sent to the CIO and it would have to be sent to the VO.

E.g. I would imagine that there is a resonable probability that many applications will face life changing situations like marriage/other job related situations. For one, I am slated to get married before the 33 Wk deadline. Hence how do we correspond with the CIO/VO with this updated information without the AOR number?

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
canada0801 said:
No officer in government office responsible for this task will do it like a robot you describe. It's not a factory somewhere in far off land with supervisor walking around with a whip. This is a large bureaucratic government office that probably has it's guidilenes of how to measure time required to complete each task, and i don't beleive anyone will stay there doing the job if you force them to spend less than 1 minute per email for 8 hours a day.

Anyway, this is just my opnion, take or leave it :)
I value your opinion, like many other people's opinions on this site. Since guessing is all we can do until we can something more concrete from CIC, everybody's guess is valuable :)

But it's going to take a lot to convince me that CIC are not being terribly poor and discourteous, bordering on downright selfish and elitist, by treating their applicants in this manner.

Even if they don't want to spend the 66 hours letting people know whether or not they passed their eligibility review (and if they decide not to do this they are breaking their own processes), then they could at least spend 15 minutes updating their website to let us know what is going, e.g.:

"We are currently doing eligibility reviews up until the 5th October. Currently no acknowledgements have been sent for such applications, and our intention is to send these once the application reaches the visa office. We do not expect any applications to reach visa office until February 2011" or whatever.

At least be honest about the delay.

Wayne.

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
Spicejet said:
One particular pecularity i would imagine in delaying the AORs is that how are the applicants supposed to send additional information to the CIO. The CIO call center has confirmed that no additional documentation regarding the application can be sent to the CIO and it would have to be sent to the VO.

E.g. I would imagine that there is a resonable probability that many applications will face life changing situations like marriage/other job related situations. For one, I am slated to get married before the 33 Wk deadline. Hence how do we correspond with the CIO/VO with this updated information without the AOR number?

The answer is simple: you need to wait until your file is transferred to local VO and , assuming you get the AOR by then, you can update them of any changes while they still process your app.

From what i see (and this is my own individual opinion) there aren't objectively strong reasons so far to compell CIC to act in a way that would accomodate the desire of many here to get the AOR or notification of results of eligibility review. Therefore, IMO, they will do AOR whenever they get to do it.

Some members here said they have only 45 officers at CIC NS, Canada. I can imagine the frustration they have with changed pattern of tasks, they probably themselves are in the process of figuring out how to handle this new processing as instructed by ministry of immigration. I wouldn't bother them now with request to add some additional task to whatever they are doing now.
But of course, i wish you all best of luck and that we all start getting some sort of notification from CIC sooner than later.

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
Cappuccino said:
I value your opinion, like many other people's opinions on this site. Since guessing is all we can do until we can something more concrete from CIC, everybody's guess is valuable :)
Thank you , same here :)

But it's going to take a lot to convince me that CIC are not being terribly poor and discourteous, bordering on downright selfish and elitist, by treating their applicants in this manner.

Even if they don't want to spend the 66 hours letting people know whether or not they passed their eligibility review (and if they decide not to do this they are breaking their own processes), then they could at least spend 15 minutes updating their website to let us know what is going, e.g.:

"We are currently doing eligibility reviews up until the 5th October. Currently no acknowledgements have been sent for such applications, and our intention is to send these once the application reaches the visa office. We do not expect any applications to reach visa office until February 2011" or whatever.

At least be honest about the delay.

Wayne.
1. I am not going to try to convince you of anything. You have your opinion, i have mine.
Just will note that we both are applicants for Canadian immigration , so it's not like i don't know what it is like to not know what the current app status is. But it is not me who has to be convinced of necessity to send AOR's, it's CIC and it has it's own priority of tasks, way of doing things and a deciding on what it should do and when. And i believe we must be considerate of their perspective instead of just seeing it from own own personal point of view and getting upset with them for not sending us AOR's as soon as we wish they did.

2. Many members read your posts here , so when you get a chance may be you could advise them, if anyone from now on gets to speak to someone at CIC over the phone, to specifically ask CIC WHEN are they going to send apps that passed eligibility review from central intake to VO?
What are they doing with those apps that have already passed eligibility review (up to October, someone said)?
Are those apps still sitting at CIC Sydney or are they beginning to send them out to local VO?

If CIC Sydney is not going to issue AOR's at all (not necessarily so, but certainly a possibility), then what we should most be hopeful of is that they at least send those apps that passed eligibility stage to local VO's rather sooner than later. And if they won't then it's really time to chill for the next 33 weeks assuming we will hear something from them at some point in future.

I don't know if anyone already brought this up and asked/posted about it (if anyone did already then just consider i never posted it).

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
canada0801 said:
Thank you , same here :)

I am not going to try to convince you of anything. You have your opinion, i have mine.
Just will note that we both are applicants for Canadian immigration , so it's not like i don't know what it is like to not know what the current app status is.

Many members read your posts here , so when you get a chance may be you could advise them, if anyone from now on gets to speak to someone at CIC over the phone, to specifically ask CIC WHEN are they going to send apps that passed eligibility review from central intake to VO?
What are they doing with those apps that have already passed eligibility review (up to October, someone said)?
Are those apps still sitting at CIC Sydney or are they beginning to send them out to local VO?
Because if CIC Sydney is not going to issue AOR's at all (not necessarily so, but certainly a possibility), then what we should most be hopeful of is that they at least send those apps that passed eligibility stage to local VO's rather sooner than later.
I don't know if anyone already brought this up and asked/posted about it (if anyone did already then just consider i never asked it).
Hi,

I think the problem when talking to CIC is that people's experiences have vastly differed. People have been told different things, and experienced different levels of friendliness. Some CIC staff have been pleasant, others have found the caller to be a nuisance and seemed irritated to have received the call.

Added to that the factual differences that people have been told, and the fact that the "CIC" staff cannot seem to access the actual CIC computer system, and all this lends itself to the theory that the number people have been calling are in fact either some separate customer service unit, or even an outsourced third party whose job it is to take CIC's phone calls. One can almost imagine CIC telling them "If they ask about AORs, just tell them 33 weeks" as a blanket fob-off. It may also explain why some "CIC" staff hadn't even seem to have heard of an AOR.

Some of the earliest applications are now sitting on 130+ days since their applications arrived, and not only have no AOR, they have no timeline or expectation as to when they might realistically be expecting to get one.

CIC stated on their website (would need to check but they probably still do) that AOR should take 45 to 90 days. Even at their worst CIC has never delayed anyone by as long as this. 33 weeks from the date the application was received is over 230 days. If those 33 weeks are from when the application was cashed, then the earliest applicants are looking at a further 60 day delay (since their applications were received in early June but not cashed until early September). That's 300 days since their application was received!!!

Wayne.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Government of Canada launches innovative program to help newcomer youth

London, November 17, 2010 — The Government of Canada is investing more than $1.6 million to help newcomer youth and their families in London, Ed Holder, Member of Parliament for London West announced today, on behalf of the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism.

The Settlement Workers in Schools (SWIS) program provides newcomer families with an interactive orientation to the Ontario school system as well as referrals to settlement agencies and other community support services. Settlement workers also engage with students, parents and school staff to increase cultural awareness and sensitivity in London area schools.

“The Government of Canada is helping newcomer youth and their families succeed,” said MP Holder. “This investment will help improve the lives of young newcomers to London. When we invest in our youth, we invest in the future of Canada.”

“Our government knows that helping newcomer families get settled is key to their success,” said Dr. Eric Hoskins, Ontario Minister of Citizenship and Immigration. “Settlement resources need to be easily accessible. By making settlement workers available in schools in the London area, we are making sure that the needs of our newcomer families are met.”

“This is a great example of how a community partnership can help students and their families who are new to Canada adjust to their new home in London,” said Jeffery Robinson, Learning Coordinator at the Thames Valley District School Board. “Schools are a hub for a community and a natural meeting place for the children and parents of new Canadians.”

Since 2005, the Government of Canada has more than tripled its annual spending on settlement services for newcomers in Ontario. For 2010-11, the Government of Canada is allocating $428 million in Ontario for settlement services for newcomers, such as language training, job search workshops and placing settlement workers in schools.

C

Cam1234

Spicejet said:

Spicejet, unfortunately I have no answers to your questions, however, let me be the first to say:

:D CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR UPCOMING WEDDING! :D

A great way to start a new life in Canada!
Best wishes,
Cam

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Well I enjoy reading all the theories and especially laughed at Wayne's vision of the foot typist! I am beginning to think that old chestnut "No news is good news" applies to the post 26/06 process. If you've been encashed and not had your app returned you are still in the game. End of. 33 weeks before you will hear anything official and I think it will be along the lines of Canada 0801's theory for VO to confirm eligibility and request PCC, Meds etc at the same time. Now this all works in a best case scenario, but for all those unfortunates whose applications were LOST AT CIO or in RETURNED POST, it leaves one massive problem and for that reason I think there has to be another layer of communication until the Black Hole is fixed. CIO first have to acknowledge there is a problem with lost applications, whether the loss is their fault or that of the postal service, they institute an automated email stating your application has either 1) progressed to eligibility review and will take 33 weeks before we contact you to provide further information. Please start collection of PCC documents, or 2) not met the requirements. A letter of explanation will be included with your returned application which will be sent by Courier no later than .......(this date could be the end of that work week). [Courier costs would be added in the application forms]
So there's my nickel (2 cents + HST).

Spicejet

Star Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2010, CC 09-09-2010
IELTS Request
Sent - 8.5
canada0801 said:
The answer is simple: you need to wait until your file is transferred to local VO and , assuming you get the AOR by then, you can update them of any changes while they still process your app.

From what i see (and this is my own individual opinion) there aren't objectively strong reasons so far to compell CIC to act in a way that would accomodate the desire of many here to get the AOR or notification of results of eligibility review. Therefore, IMO, they will do AOR whenever they get to do it.

Some members here said they have only 45 officers at CIC NS, Canada. I can imagine the frustration they have with changed pattern of tasks, they probably themselves are in the process of figuring out how to handle this new processing as instructed by ministry of immigration. I wouldn't bother them now with request to add some additional task to whatever they are doing now.
But of course, i wish you all best of luck and that we all start getting some sort of notification from CIC sooner than later.
I thought that we are supposed to let them know of any changes ASAP, thats my only concern. Other than that if they say its 33 wks or 66 or 99 wks.. then that would be it.. no matter if we like or not. Only to Wayne's point that if they let us know.

Cam1234 said:
Spicejet, unfortunately I have no answers to your questions, however, let me be the first to say:

:D CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR UPCOMING WEDDING! :D

A great way to start a new life in Canada!
Best wishes,
Cam
Thanks Cam!!

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
I agree with you Wayen & i am adding something to your words that ofc CIC has a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application like Microsoft Dynamics CRM via which they can simply send mass emails. I'll give you a little description since i know that application.

The customers (i.e applicants) are stored in that application with their information + checkboxes for each step (i.e Completness Check Success and Eligibility Review Success). By simple clicks, one CIC officer can send 2 templates of email to all the applicants (one template for the applicants who passed the ER & the other to the applicants who failed). The CRM application dynamically fills the templates with each applicant info (name, email address, VO ... etc).

I can assure to you that they can send the 4000 emails in less than 5 minutes & ofc the CIC has an application like the CRM.

Cappuccino said:

= less than 50 seconds

Wayne.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I admit to having total focus on the FSW1 process, so do others know who ELSE has to send their applications to CIO Nova Scotia? How many total application packages would they have to deal with in a day?