+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

C

Cam1234

canada0801 said:
Sending AOR is not on priority list (why should it be?).
Because they care... and are treating us a human beings. Believe me if they started treating us as cattle, which they are not, that line would empty out pretty fast.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Cam1234 said:
Because they care... and are treating us a human beings. Believe me if they started treating us as cattle, which they are not, that line would empty out pretty fast.
+1 for you Cam1234, for putting it right. This is not about AORs, but about communication and courtesy.

Wayne.

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
canada0801 said:
I wish you all good luck with letter you send to CIC, i really hope Canadian officials will answer and they may since they seem to have unusual , under circumstances, custom of actually caring to read and respond to inquiries in writing.

My intention is not to bring you down (after all i am one of applicants too) , but be realistic and see whole picture. You should still strive and hope for the best, but expect the 'worst' (we will have to patiently wait until whatever time we get AOR), given the fact of oversupply of applicants vs demand.
I agree with your gist - That grant of Perrmanent residence is a privilege and not a right.
The problem or frustration we are having is because this is a new system and we dont know anything about it ( i seriously doubt if CIC officers know anything about it too ;D) . If this was like the previous year, I ma sure nobody will be whining here as they have a precedent. All this anxiety is because we are guinea pigs. And for that, i think a bit more clarification will be good. We dont say it is our right.

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
canada0801 said:
Many of you are intelligent, detail oriented fellows yet you seem to miss rather obvious picture:

Way too many people applied for Canada in past 12-15 years , well above what CIC could (or Canadians as whole were willing to) handle.

What is a CAP? It's essentially limiting the number of applicants (that will, no matter what CIC does or what we guess, inevitably result in limited number of tasks, thus decreased time in processing and ability to eliminate backlog).

What do we see happening now? Essential decrease in numbers of intake apps in NS, barely over 3000 accepted so far (vs hundred/s of thousands by that time in years past).

CIC is doing what it's mandated to do.

Yes you are all frustrated, but blame the contries you come from that created cirucmstances that unleashed a flood of way too many migrants wanting to escape for one or another reason, and Canada simply won't accomodate all of us, and rightfully so.

What seems high in CIC priority list now? Decrease backlog, limit/CAP the number of new apps. They are effectively doing it right now, as we post here.

Sending AOR is not on priority list (why should it be?).

The demand vs supply is disproportionately in favor of demand (since supply is overflowing) so under most rational scenario the demanding party has nothing to lose by chosing and picking whatever method of processing apps they chose , they can even take your apps and not issue you AOR in 10 years. What will you do? Withdraw your app? So much better to help reduce the backlogs ;D

This is what inevitably must happen if supply far exceeds demand.

The only way to reverse the trend would be for ALL applicants in backlog , pre and post June 26, mass mail CIC NS and their respective VO's with request to withdraw and leave ZERO apps to process on CIC hands.
Nothing short of doing so (which is, of course you alkl understand, is imposibility) nothing will put you, an applicant, in a position to demand anything from a party that has way too many replacements for you.

I wish you all good luck with letter you send to CIC, i really hope Canadian officials will answer and they may since they seem to have unusual , under circumstances, custom of actually caring to read and respond to inquiries in writing.

My intention is not to bring you down (after all i am one of applicants too) , but be realistic and see whole picture. You should still strive and hope for the best, but expect the 'worst' (we will have to patiently wait until whatever time we get AOR), given the fact of oversupply of applicants vs demand.
while we may be missing bigger picture (although I am not sure there are many here on this thread), the focus is on a VERY SIMPLE thing here:

we paid on average $1,000 and want to know one SIMPLE thing - WHEN can we expect a WORD towards us?

it is not about Canada, about home countries, particular life circumstances, etc. - not all of us are forced to go Canada, and as I said, it is a mutually beneficial process I believe - it is about courtesy. I am sure they are busy, they have their things going on, new software, rules, etc. - but our wish is so simple - WHATEVER the circumstance is - 33 weeks, 33 years - we deserve tiny piece of information

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Coffee said:
while we may be missing bigger picture (although I am not sure there are many here on this thread), the focus is on a VERY SIMPLE thing here:

we paid on average $1,000 and want to know one SIMPLE thing - WHEN can we expect a WORD towards us?

it is not about Canada, about home countries, particular life circumstances, etc. - not all of us are forced to go Canada, and as I said, it is a mutually beneficial process I believe - it is about courtesy. I am sure they are busy, they have their things going on, new software, rules, etc. - but our wish is so simple - WHATEVER the circumstance is - 33 weeks, 33 years - we deserve tiny piece of information
Amen, brother.

Read my post a few posts up, I reckon post-June-26 applicants paid them CAD £4million and at least 160,000 man-hours preparing the applications. 30 god-damn minutes to update their website rather than keeping us the dark for month after month wouldn't be too much to ask!

Wayne.

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
Cappuccino said:
Amen, brother.

Read my post a few posts up, I reckon post-June-26 applicants paid them CAD £4million and at least 160,000 man-hours preparing the applications. 30 god-damn minutes to update their website rather than keeping us the dark for month after month wouldn't be too much to ask!

Wayne.
I read all your posts, Wayne. by the time I am ready with a reply - I see yours and refrain from comments in many cases, so totally agree.

but you know one good thing I am taking from this attitude to us? my kids, they can ask couple times before they hear in return from busy daddy, I now feel what true value of a response is...

I am happy that this happened to me to know what I personally was missing ;D

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
kolhapuri said:
Hasib, this is old news too. It is there two pages ago, whats with the colour?
Number of applicants have been changed...use your eye brother!!!

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
Dr.Hasib said:
Number of applicants have been changed...use your eye brother!!!
Hasib, I dont see any difference in your post and this post below from our friend on page 288. Can you please tell me the difference?

engy said:
dear friends
happy feast for all
CIC updated number of complete applications
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
Applications received toward the overall cap: 3,789 of 20,000 as of November 16, 2010

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
Cam1234 said:
If you read what i actually wrote then you can't fail to see that nowhere did i claim that CIC treats us 'as a cattle' or anything less than as a human.
In fact i pointed out that the letter you send MAY get some meaningful responce because, despite the circumstances where CIC could just send everyone off in their merry way, they still bother to answer queries sent in writing.

The reality i am talking about is the fact that there simply are too many applicants vs demand.

If there is only one fabulously desirable groom or bride in a village full of would-be brides or grooms, then how motivated is one who is so badly sought after to give particularly special responce to all the candidates, especially if they appear en mass, making lots of noise and knocking on all doors and windows and demanding some answer? :D

Just put yourself in a position of CIC and Canada.
There are millions of us who want to be there, with hundreds of thousands already in backlogs. They need only 20000 max and happy with less. Their entire population is only 30 millions plus, that's like half the population of France, yet they still take our apps for processing.

It's just inevitable outcome of any supply vs demand relationship, and of course Canadian CIC is surprising me a lot because any other immigration office in charge and under similar circumstances would be a lot less responsive to any inquiries in circumstances like that.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
canada0801 said:
Just put yourself in a position of CIC and Canada.
There are millions of us who want to be there, with hundreds of thousands already in backlogs. They need only 20000 max and happy with less. Their entire population is only 30 millions plus, that's like half the population of France, yet they still take our apps for processing.

It's just inevitable outcome of any supply vs demand relationship....
Personally I don't think you have analyzed the supply v demand curve anywhere near enough.

Canada has over 40 times the landmass of the UK, and half its population. It is a massively underpopulated country and has severe labour shortages in certain areas. It NEEDS skilled immigrants.

Longgggg waiting times without even any web site updates telling various categories of people what the picture is, is likely to put off skilled, educated people who will decide to find a different country to apply for.

Go check the totals for each of the 29 categories. In 19 of those categories they haven't even received 100 applications yet. That's in the entire world, in almost FIVE months. Current rates suggest that only 4 or 5 NOCs will even hit the 1000 cap by the end of this year. And they've yet to find a single crane operator in the ENTIRE WORLD who wants to move to Canada. If the supply / demand curve were remotely as in favour of Canada as you suggest then the NOC caps should have been filled completely after the first 2 months (once the IELTS results came in, which is often the bottleneck in getting docs together).

Make no mistake, Canada needs us as much as we need Canada - but the relationship is turning very one-sided. They stand to lose a lot of good, skilled, educated people to other countries if they do not improve their communication and standards of customer service (and yes, we paid them a lot of money and spent a lot of time filling in their forms and getting their documents, we are the customers, they are the service provider).

They have recently identified their most in-demand occupations. Yet all they seem to be doing is trying their hardest to deter such sought-after labour from emmigrating to their country. They could save all this pain by simply employing someone to spend a few minutes a week maintaining a news page on their web site, and simply tell us the truth about the state of the applications.

If there is to be an 8 month delay, so be it, but simply tell us, and tell us why.

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Yay my 3rd "neg" today.

Why do I even bother posting?
Wayne.

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Yay my 3rd "neg" today.

Wayne.
Wayne ... you should feel good because you are one of few in this forum who got more positives than negatives. Don't worry about these negatives. Throwing stones is always easier than using them to build something useful, and in Arabic we say "the dogs are barking but the caravan moves on". I know I'll get many "neg"s because of this comment, but I really don't care.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cappuccino said:
Yay my 3rd "neg" today.

Wayne.
Hi Cappucino,
I would like to know if the negatives have anything to do with your immigration? I careless about the negative , because, i do not know the meaning as related to my immigration process.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
asaif said:
Wayne ... you must feel good because you are one of few in this forum who got more positives than negatives. Don't worry about these negative evaluations. Throwing stones is always easier than using them to build something useful, and in Arabic we say "the dogs are barking and the caravan is moving". I know I'll get many "neg"s because of this comment, but I really don't care.
Yeah, it doesn't usually both me - but when I got 3 in a row I just wonder do these no-lifers really have nothing better to do all day?
I think negs should be used if people are posting way off topic, or spamming, or being offensive. But otherwise I don't see the point.

All they will achieve is that people with a lot of knowledge about the immigration process will chose NOT to stay on this forum after they get their visa, because they were so sick of being negged whilst they were here.

Ah well, their loss ;)

Wayne.

CanadaJimmy

Nov 4, 2010
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You were neg'd for that post? Thats ridiculous. Whatever side of the fence you're on, that post was an extremely well presented argument (and one I happen to agree with).