NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
wxyz123 said:
ok buddy then i wish you get your AOR a little late :). i think you are the first peson on this forum who wants a delay in receiving AOR .
I guess he meant; better to be delayed(thoroughly reviewed, and approved), than a hasty review, and then rejected. I would want that too. :p :p

punjabi2121

Aug 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 August
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
Original send to CIO
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi Moksh & Indira,

I m also in the same boat.yesterday i call at Cio no. taken from this forum.the person talking with me is very friendly and helping.he replied for same 33 weeks and asked to check the encashment of payment.
My concern was only to confirm the receiving of application,again he was stressing upon that he can track the document only if the payment encashment has been done.
Today I communicate with my HDFC bank and its not a positive response.My BD has not been encashed yet.My application was received on 16 of Aug.and it was signed by Mr.Paul.
I m planning to write Minister,atleast they should have a system to reply for just receiving.

Thanks all for writing.
moksh2k7 said:
Hi dear

I am also facing the same problem. I tried too many time at the netbanking for the same but they say that they did not have any data of encashment of the BD . So today I went at the branch ,from where I made my BD and give them the copy of the same. Now they told me that they check the status via mail and communicate me tomorrow.

Hope for the Best and if you got any solution please let me inform also. I also used the HDFC bank for that.

Thanks in advance
Moksh

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
punjabi2121 said:
Hi Moksh & Indira,

I m also in the same boat.yesterday i call at Cio no. taken from this forum.the person talking with me is very friendly and helping.he replied for same 33 weeks and asked to check the encashment of payment.
My concern was only to confirm the receiving of application,again he was stressing upon that he can track the document only if the payment encashment has been done.
Today I communicate with my HDFC bank and its not a positive response.My BD has not been encashed yet.My application was received on 16 of Aug.and it was signed by Mr.Paul.
I m planning to write Minister,atleast they should have a system to reply for just receiving.

Thanks all for writing.
Yes I agree, if they are perceiving such long delays for AOR and eligibility review completion then they should have a system for receipt.

I think basically it seems to be the case that they enter your details on their computer system once you have passed the completeness check and they submit your CC/BD for encashment. So IMO it would seem a logical thing (since your email will be on their computer system by that point) to email out an AOR to say that you have passed the completeness check.

Then another AOR could be submitted once you've passed the eligibility review.

This could very easily be automated so there would be no extra work on their part, they have to enter your details on their computer anyway.

Honestly I think they need to get with the times, certainly with regards the technology they are using. They seem to be 15/20 years behind!

It should be possible to make this system like this:

1) First you apply online by paying the processing fee to get an account number/client number

2) Once you have your account you initially fill in all the forms "online", and all your data will be on their system already.

3) There is a facility on the online system to print all the application forms already filled in. You just need to check them and sign them, then mail your application with all the supporting documents

4) When they receive the application they will already have the ID and all the data will be entered onto their system, so it should be very quick to run the completeness check and the system will then send an AOR saying you passed that stage

5) Eligibility review should then take place but once again it will be a simple matter for the system to automatically update you by email once the review is passed.

Just think of how much time they would save in NOT having to manually enter the data from paper forms for 200,000+ applications each year, and also they would not need to be involved in any credit card transactions since this would all be dealt with securely online.

Also you would have an online account before you even mail your application, so the facility to check the status would be there from the outset.

I understand they probably need to keep a manual system in place for those applicants without internet access and/or who cannot pay be credit card - but IMO at least 90% of the applicants would welcome a full online way of initially paying and applying, and it would save CIC a vast amount of time and money in the long run.

My 2 cents,
Wayne.

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Yes I agree, if they are perceiving such long delays for AOR and eligibility review completion then they should have a system for receipt.

I think basically it seems to be the case that they enter your details on their computer system once you have passed the completeness check and they submit your CC/BD for encashment. So IMO it would seem a logical thing (since your email will be on their computer system by that point) to email out an AOR to say that you have passed the completeness check.

This could very easily be automated so there would be no extra work on their part, they have to enter your details on their computer anyway.

Honestly I think they need to get with the times, certainly with regards the technology they are using. They seem to be 15/20 years behind!

1) First you apply online by paying the processing fee to get an account number/client number

2) Once you have your account you initially fill in all the forms "online", and all your data will be on their system already.

3) There is a facility on the online system to print all the application forms already filled in. You just need to check them and sign them, then mail your application with all the supporting documents

4) When they receive the application they will already have the ID and all the data will be entered onto their system, so it should be very quick to run the completeness check and the system will then send an AOR saying you passed that stage

5) Eligibility review should then take place but once again it will be a simple matter for the system to automatically update you by email once the review is passed.

Just think of how much time they would save in NOT having to manually enter the data from paper forms for 200,000+ applications each year, and also they would not need to be involved in any credit card transactions since this would all be dealt with securely online.

Also you would have an online account before you even mail your application, so the facility to check the status would be there from the outset.

I understand they probably need to keep a manual system in place for those applicants without internet access and/or who cannot pay be credit card - but IMO at least 90% of the applicants would welcome a full online way of initially paying and applying, and it would save CIC a vast amount of time and money in the long run.

My 2 cents,
Wayne.
Send this suggestion to Minister Kenney's office. :)

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Cappuccino said:

My 2 cents,
Wayne.
An even better way of handling the initial online application is to provide your email address, and they send an email to that address with a link for validation. Then your email is your unique ID, since you validated it they know the email is correct and valid.

This is a standard process for many online accounts.

Wayne.

doc manu

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
new delhi
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st sept 2010
IELTS Request
original send with application
File Transfer...
20th april 2011
Med's Request
10th june 2011
punjabi2121 said:
Hi Moksh & Indira,

Thanks all for writing.
I VE A SIMILAR PROBLEM APPLICATION REACHES CIO ON SEPT 1ST AND B.D STILL NT CASHED SO I CALLD UP CIO N DEY SAY DEY VE NOTHIN IN THEIR RECORDS HOW FRUSTRATING

Saurav

Jul 2, 2010
Category........
FSW
Bindu said:
I think that is one more way CIC want to scare the hell out of you, please call the CIC after couple of weeks, probably you will recieve a favourable answer, meanwhile try to find out if the CC/ BD has been encashed.

It would be helpfull for other to know where you VISA office , NOC etc, so please update your signature to reflect these details, also people can come across more suggestions if they have more info.

Keep your cool...

All the Best
Bindu

Dear Bindu,
Please guide me what document i need to send CIO? i am applying under 1122.
please also guide me which doc need original or Zerox copy?

Saurav

C

Cam1234

Over 200,000 applications a year! :eek:

I think when you have that many applications going through an office, it doesn't matter where the immigration is taking place from Australia to France to Canada, you need regular counseling sessions for the officers to remind them that each pile of paper in front of them is a living human being with great hopes and dreams. The officer's decisions and diligence will ultimately determine the destiny and future of a family, similar to theirs.

On most immigration websites there are sections where one can see success stories... These success stories should be shown to the officers on regular basis, so a human face can be attached to those applications they are processing, to remind them how important their work is in shaping some family's entire life... If this is done correctly, then the officers would be able to see the process from the applicant's perspective more readily, and would realize when communication is needed to relieve the applicant's concerns and fears.

It is human nature to lose sight of the ultimate goal you are trying to accomplish, when you are bombarded with a ton of work everyday and are lost in the meaningless details...

All this is my opinion of course...
Cam

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:

My 2 cents,
Wayne.
Wayne ... when I get the Canadian citizenship I'll vote for you to be the Minister of Immigration

doc manu

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
new delhi
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st sept 2010
IELTS Request
original send with application
File Transfer...
20th april 2011
Med's Request
10th june 2011
punjabi2121 said:
Hi Moksh & Indira,

Thanks all for writing.
IF UR PLANNIN TO WRITE TO THE MINISTER LET ME ALSO ACCOMPANY YOU...IN THAT BECOS MY CASE SEEMS SIMILAR

sasi6174

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
doc manu said:
IF UR PLANNIN TO WRITE TO THE MINISTER LET ME ALSO ACCOMPANY YOU...IN THAT BECOS MY CASE SEEMS SIMILAR
MY CASE ALSO SIMILAR, JUST NOW I CALLED CIO THEY SAID NO RECORD IN THEIR SYSTEM,MY DD NOT YET ENCASED ,I SEND MY APPLICATION IN SEPTEMBER 2010

johnyusa

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Cappuccino said:
Hi Indira,

I fully sympathise, and this is why I feel CIC are being very irresponsible with this process. How hard would it be to send an email after completeness check saying "Your application is received and is deemed complete and is counted within the cap, and now awaits eligibility review."

They are currently getting less than 100 applications per day, I don't think this small courtesy would hurt. At least then, if they decide to spend 4 to 8 months on eligibility review people at least know that their application is received!

Wayne.
Its hard for me to believe that CIC is receiving so less number of applications, i have a feeling that either they are rejecting lot of applications because of being incomplete and whatever number they have mentioned on the website are done with the initial reviews so that they can be counted towards the cap. If they have got such small numbe rof applications compared to may and june, sending AOR should be just one week job. Hard to check CIC's pulse.

smunir

Oct 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnyusa said:
Its hard for me to believe that CIC is receiving so less number of applications, i have a feeling that either they are rejecting lot of applications because of being incomplete and whatever number they have mentioned on the website are done with the initial reviews so that they can be counted towards the cap. If they have got such small numbe rof applications compared to may and june, sending AOR should be just one week job. Hard to check CIC's pulse.
Exactly! It's really hard to believe that they are receiving only those few applications! How they used to receive thousands of applications before?! There has to be an explanation......

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
[quote author=smunir]
Exactly! It's really hard to believe that they are receiving only those few applications! How they used to receive thousands of applications before?! There has to be an explanation......
[/quote]
They used to get 200,000 aps as it was just a form to fill and send, so every tom dick and harry copped on to it. As the CIC web site says, 20% of them never used to respond to the AOR to submit the detailed application with all the stuff that we have already submitted and 20 to 25 % of them used to fail the eligibility. So half of them were almost gone out of processing. As said earlier on the thread, occupations like Crane operators are reducing the nos. Imagine if they had IT guys there, it would have been filled up like 1122 by now.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
smunir said:
They have already stated that prior to June 26th they used to receive many applications which on the surface seemed eligible, only for some applicants to withdraw their applications when asked to provide supporting documents, or fail at visa office stage because of supporting documents.

Now that people have to get the supporting documents up front to support their claims, it seems logical to me that the intake will be significantly reduced. The intake for July and, to a certain extent, August will have been particularly reduced because applicants who formerly did not need supporting documents (such as IELTS results) at the initial application stage had to find the time in which to get them.

So I am not particularly surprised by the drop in application intake. What surprises me is that CIC has claimed to have processed applications into September (i.e. eligibility review) and yet people have been told it will take between 4 and 8 months to get an AOR.

They say they are 4 months "behind" and yet applications received on June 25th have for some weeks now been receiving AORs. Yet applications received just a week or two later must wait 4 to 8 months?

Wayne.