+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Faisalkahn: I am sorry to hear that you are now in the growing number of applicants whose documents have been lost after they were received by CIO. I hope you will take time to put your details on the LOST APPLICATIONS thread so we can all get a sense of the numbers. Good Luck pulling together a new package quickly. Hang in there!

C

Cam1234

faisalkhan said:
Hi there,

good to hear that you received a call from minister's office. can i have the contact details of minister's office please. CIO lost my application along with the documents. I applied on 2nd august 2010 for PR in FSW category. I called them on 25 october 2010. they informed me that they lost my application. so i would also like to write to the minister regarding my case.

thanks

Faisal
Hi Faisal:
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope they find your application and everything becomes resolved. The contact information to the minister's office is on the immigration website, under Minister Kenney.
Good luck,
Cam

C

Cam1234

asoo62 said:
4 months? So what about 33 weeks theory that all have been talking about?
33 weeks is the time within which they will contact everyone, IMO. Facts are, most June applications were getting AORs last month, in October... and that is four months. It makes perfect sense to me... expect an AOR four months after encashment... is that a word? :)

Cam

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cam1234 said:
33 weeks is the time within which they will contact everyone, IMO. Facts are, most June applications were getting AORs last month, in October... and that is four months. It makes perfect sense to me... expect an AOR four months after encashment... is that a word? :)

Cam
encashment is a word coined for Canada immigration purpose only.

4 months delay makes sense now because they are still processing the massive amounts of applications they used to receive before 26 June. But once they start with post June 26 applicants, two things will happen:

- The number of applications under review will dramatically decrease.
- The time needed for processing an application (eligibility review) will significantly increase.

The combined effect of these two opposing factors will determine the speed of this process.

C

Cam1234

asaif said:
encashment is a word coined for Canada immigration purpose only.

4 months delay makes sense now because they are still processing the massive amounts of applications they used to receive before 26 June. But once they start with post June 26 applicants, two things will happen:

- The number of applications under review will dramatically decrease.
- The time needed for processing an application (eligibility review) will significantly increase.

The combined effect of these two opposing factors will determine the speed of this process.
I agree, but here is another point. They are used to doing eligibility review. That is what the office was doing all the time. The completeness check was new to them, because never before had they received a full application... and each VO has their own requirements and guidelines, adding to the complexity.

Cam

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
What do you guys expect to be in AOR? Request for PCC or just a confirmation of the application being received and that it is now being transferred to the VO?

Thoughts??

Reason for asking this is to know when to start collecting the PCC's .. as in US it is a pain in the A** to get FBI clearance and the Indian PCC.they both take 2-3 months time each :(

thanks
avi_15

C

Cam1234

avi_15 said:
What do you guys expect to be in AOR? Request for PCC or just a confirmation of the application being received and that it is now being transferred to the VO?

Thoughts??

Reason for asking this is to know when to start collecting the PCC's .. as in US it is a pain in the A** to get FBI clearance and the Indian PCC.they both take 2-3 months time each :(

thanks
avi_15
Hi Avi_15:
AOR is simply an email which states whether your application was approved or disapproved under eligibility requirements. If approved, you get an ID# and they tell you your application is being sent to VO.

You know, I just recently received my FBI background check. I was advised to make copies of my request for background check with FBI and include it with my application, so they see that it had been done. I understand that they are valid for one year. Hope I am not wrong... ???

ignu

Jun 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1122/0811
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Included
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-02-2011
IELTS Request
Included
File Transfer...
In Process - March 20, 2011
Med's Request
29-06-2011
Med's Done....
4-08-2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
29-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2011
LANDED..........
In Toronto on WP
Quick update....

BD cashed: Nov 1, 2010

My application was received on Oct 15th under NOC 1122 and 0811

Some relief! :D

ignu

Jun 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1122/0811
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Included
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-02-2011
IELTS Request
Included
File Transfer...
In Process - March 20, 2011
Med's Request
29-06-2011
Med's Done....
4-08-2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
29-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2011
LANDED..........
In Toronto on WP
Cam1234 said:
Now that was funny! :D
One should look into changing their misfortune into something positive... any good Crane Operator schools around?? :)
I suspect J. Ken**y will personally handover visa to first (and perhaps last) crane operator who makes it through... ;D

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
hey cam 1234

as per the new rules, the pcc need not be issued more than 3 ago before submitting to the CIO/VO. so the validity technically is 3 months

thanks
avi_15

Cam1234 said:
Hi Avi_15:
AOR is simply an email which states whether your application was approved or disapproved under eligibility requirements. If approved, you get an ID# and they tell you your application is being sent to VO.

You know, I just recently received my FBI background check. I was advised to make copies of my request for background check with FBI and include it with my application, so they see that it had been done. I understand that they are valid for one year. Hope I am not wrong... ???

C

Cam1234

avi_15 said:
hey cam 1234

as per the new rules, the pcc need not be issued more than 3 ago before submitting to the CIO/VO. so the validity technically is 3 months

thanks
avi_15
Avi_15 I have heard about the 3 month validity, but I have never seen it in the instructions, could you please point me to the document where it says your PCC cannot be older than 3 months?

There is no way one can time the PCC correctly if you live in the US, because it can take anywhere from 2 to 4 months to get FBI background reports... :mad:
Cam

C

Cam1234

Cam1234 said:
Avi_15 I have heard about the 3 month validity, but I have never seen it in the instructions, could you please point me to the document where it says your PCC cannot be older than 3 months?

There is no way one can time the PCC correctly if you live in the US, because it can take anywhere from 2 to 4 months to get FBI background reports... :mad:
Cam
OK, I just found it in the guide:

"When you submit the police certificates to the visa office, ensure they have been issued in the last three months and no earlier. Certificates that are more than three months old on receipt will not be accepted"

This is absolutely ridiculous. There is no way for us to know when our applications will go to VO and they will request PCC... anywhere from today to 33 weeks :mad: How can we time this? ???

Then they want PCCs that are not older than three months :eek: FBI takes anywhere from 2 to 4 months and my wife has to get hers from two other countries... Let's not even talk about the cost of getting PCCs again... This is ridiculous, how can anyone plan this??

Frustrated :mad:
Cam

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
I agree. Singapore has already stopped issuing PCC to foreigners from 17th October. I was in Singapore 5 years ago for a few years. If i get my PCC from there now, how will that change 6 months from now????? It is still valid, isnt it? I cannot violate any law if i am not there. I am currently in Ireland and so if they ask for the Irish one to be valid within the last 3 months makes sense but the old ones - doesnt make sense.

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010 and received 08-09-2010; PER received 08-03-2011
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
pun123 said:
After reading the 1 Nov 2010 immigration report, it is more to clear backlog.

They do not say anything about new system, all the emphasis is to clear backlog. May be by June 2011 they may say that out of 300,000 they have just few thousand applicant as backlog.
They are set to reduce the backlog and at the same time reduce the processing time by limiting the number of applicants. That is what's written in the speech at the cic website. They also used the word "concurrently" in another news wherein they will tackle both the backologs and new applications. I hope that the new system they will be implementing on us will be a much better system. Maybe they are not sending any AORs anymore, instead an email directly informing us either we have a positive or negative eligibility review. Because with AORs, its just merely an acknowledgement that they received our applications, which we all know by now ( by tracing thru couriers) that they actually received it, majority here also knew that their CC's or DD'sare encashed already and last but not the leasts are those that did not made it on the first step which is the completeness check. We all know these info already. But the question is the 33 weeks, IMO I still beleive that it is the timeframe we need to give them until we can call and inquire about our applications. Remember 2 weeks back that when somebody called the cio call center, was given the info that they are already processing until August 30, so by now I guess given that 2weeks period atleast they may have some applications that are already assessed. So the questions now is why no emails yet. Maybe it takes time to write the emails to all applicants..My guess is as good as everyones in this particular question. Still I am optimistic that with the current system things will be faster.

kathe

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
AOR Received.
17/02/2011
Med's Request
24/05/2011
Med's Done....
27/06/2011 RPRF Sent...:27/06/2011 RPRF Cashed...: 29/06/2011
Passport Req..
14/07/2011 Passport submitted...: 10/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
18/08/2011
LANDED..........
Soon
Cam1234 said:
Wanted to quickly report something, I am at work...

I just got a call for immigration at Ottawa... I had written to the minister regarding a personal issue and they were kind enough to call me back.

The lady told me that CIO is four months behind, and to expect AORs four months after the day they have cashed your application... So in my case, CC charged in mid September, I can expect something in mid-January

Good luck to all,
Cam

Well this positive move toward shortening time frame from 33 weeks to 4 months( 16 weeks) should be welcomed :) who know, next time someone give a ring, CIO might have told just 2 months, so it is better off hearing decreased time frame in lieu of increased one.