+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

C

Cam1234

Coffee said:
I am wondering if this 33 week wait period is based on something or was just an agents' common way of telling people they don't know when eligibility is over or reference to past experience when they were dealing with backlog applicants and that wait period was standard then...
Hi Coffee:

I agree with you, I think they don't really know... and are probably frustrated by all of us calling that number repeatedly. Even though they have told us that number is for people residing in Canada who already have a file number, many of us without any status keep calling them from outside Canada.

Realistically, it must be frustrating for them; and did you hear the taped message before they connect you, about not being rude to the officers? Obviously some people are being rude to them... So now someone has come up with the 33 week answer. It is more likely an answer to keep people from calling back, than a correct time-frame... Obviously all this is just my opinion.

I called there once, about a month ago when my bank told me the wrong expiration month was mistakenly entered when the agent had tried to charge my credit card, I had a letter from my CC company proving this, and they did help me. I will not be calling there again though...

Cam

C

Cam1234

keyvan said:
Hio Cam
I will do that.
By the way I can not see you in spreadsheet. Are you registered?
I did write the details of my application about three weeks ago, but unfortunately it went unnoticed.

Could someone please add me to the spreadsheet?

Name: Cam1234
Application Submitted: September 14, 2010
CC cashed: September 21, 2010
NOC: 1122
Visa Office: Buffalo
Waiting for Police certificate

Thank you!
Cam

Moori

Sep 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
AOR Received.
6th Jan 2011
File Transfer...
25th feb 2011
Med's Request
March 8, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-4-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-5-2011
canady said:
Dear Moori,

Since you was asking for the phone number of the CIC, i suppose you have called them??? ;)

If yes, would you pls share us if their is any news.

Thanks,dear. :
Hello Canady,

I did not call them yet and i believe if i am going to do that, i will do it in the next 2 weeks to give them time to do the eligibility, if possible, for september applicants. BTW, fears are raised here since people called cic and they are getting post-poning news which looks non-reasonable according to ministerial instructions. So maybe better not to call not to cause a delay as adviced :)
Let us see what happens during the next weeks. cheeers

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
IMO it is next to impossible that they will take 33 weeks to perform an eligiblity review. If the 33 weeks IS true then my only conclusion is that they mean when we hear from visa office - i.e. we no longer get an AOR from them, and the first thing we will hear is from visa office with rejection, or further info request, or medical requests.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what the next few weeks bring. IMO it is going to be very harsh to not send an AOR or file number, since people are completely in the dark from encashment to medical requests. If fact, those who paid by banker's draft whose bank or issuer cannot tell if it's been cashed, are going to be completely in the dark from their courier telling them the application arrived somewhere to getting a medical request!

Given the speed at which May and June applicants are now getting AORs, 33 weeks seems completely unfathomable to me.

Wayne.
Good point! I totally agree.

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
Cappuccino said:
IMO it is next to impossible that they will take 33 weeks to perform an eligiblity review. If the 33 weeks IS true then my only conclusion is that they mean when we hear from visa office - i.e. we no longer get an AOR from them, and the first thing we will hear is from visa office with rejection, or further info request, or medical requests.
Given the speed at which May and June applicants are now getting AORs, 33 weeks seems completely unfathomable to me.
Wayne.
Well, the new system and the 20,000 cap was introduced for one reason - To clear the backlog of some 220000 applications. So cant they do that for 33 weeks? The 2004 and 2005 guys on the other thread are celebrating this 2266 applications by october news thinking they will get AORs soon.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/good-news-for-all-applicants-in-backlog-t46255.150.html
Cheers

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kolhapuri said:
Well, the new system and the 20,000 cap was introduced for one reason - To clear the backlog of some 220000 applications. So cant they do that for 33 weeks? The 2004 and 2005 guys on the other thread are celebrating this 2266 applications by october news thinking they will get AORs soon.
I have an old application from 2007, but I'm more optimistic about the new one. They said clearly that priority will be given to the applications received after 28th Feb 2008. So, in my opinion, this is the order at which application are being processed:
- First, pending applications received between 28/2/2008 and 25/6/2010
- Then, new applications received after 26/6/2010
- Finally, application received before 28/2/2008.

I know it doesn't seem very fair, but it is not fair for everyone except the lucky few who applied in 2008 and got their applications finalized in less than one year.

Moori

Sep 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
AOR Received.
6th Jan 2011
File Transfer...
25th feb 2011
Med's Request
March 8, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-4-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-5-2011
So everybody stopped posting here, hmmm
Are you guys anxious about the latest news and thats why you took a decision to stop writing as you did before !

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Moori: I think the other half of the world is still sleeping right now, but I know what you mean. I have really enjoyed reading the different theories. Some time back one of the other posters said they kept their finger on the F5 button. Do you think this means we could be addicted?
Reading other threads, it sounds as if it is wide spread that CIO is saying 33 weeks until news will be forthcoming. It would be helpful if they indicated how the new process is supposed to work and approx timelines to rationalize the 33 weeks.
Cheers.

Moori

Sep 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
AOR Received.
6th Jan 2011
File Transfer...
25th feb 2011
Med's Request
March 8, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-4-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-5-2011
Pippin said:
Moori: I think the other half of the world is still sleeping right now, but I know what you mean. I have really enjoyed reading the different theories. Some time back one of the other posters said they kept their finger on the F5 button. Do you think this means we could be addicted?
Reading other threads, it sounds as if it is wide spread that CIO is saying 33 weeks until news will be forthcoming. It would be helpful if they indicated how the new process is supposed to work and approx timelines to rationalize the 33 weeks.
Cheers.
well well Pippin,
I would say that this thread is always awake whatever the time zone is. I saw this for weeks and even months :) We always enjoy a human mind input when it comes to sharing and a wonderful target for all of us. Competition is needed in life and it's a healthy means to prove who we are. Hopefully people here will manage to proceed to the next step and as others stated, it's time to plan a meeting in canada and build up on such a co-operation for immigration to more broad prospects related to humanity :)
I concluded that the 33 weeks would mean 8 months and a week which if added to nowadays last week of october will lead us to june 2011 which is the time limit for the new ministrial rules to be either renewed or changed. Therefore, it's a tool cic customer team is using to say a piece of information which is not false or fraud and at the same time will keep applicants away from frequent calls till they take actual steps there. That's the whole thing about it as far as it looks familiar and commensense :)

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
Moori said:
I concluded that the 33 weeks would mean 8 months and a week which if added to nowadays last week of october will lead us to june 2011 which is the time limit for the new ministrial rules to be either renewed or changed. Therefore, it's a tool cic customer team is using to say a piece of information which is not false or fraud and at the same time will keep applicants away from frequent calls till they take actual steps there. That's the whole thing about it as far as it looks familiar and commensense :)

Well said, dear Moori. ;)

kathe

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
AOR Received.
17/02/2011
Med's Request
24/05/2011
Med's Done....
27/06/2011 RPRF Sent...:27/06/2011 RPRF Cashed...: 29/06/2011
Passport Req..
14/07/2011 Passport submitted...: 10/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
18/08/2011
LANDED..........
Soon
Guys,

Hope have a rock weekend, sit back, relax!

Applications processed in Canada
This page will tell you the length of time CIC’s case processing centres (CPCs) currently need to process certain applications. The times posted on this page are for applications CIC processes in Canada and include applications for:
Types of Applications:
• sponsorship applications;
• permanent resident cards;
• permanent residence;
o Federal Skilled Workers
• temporary residence; and
• certified copies and replacements of documents.
The processing times are updated weekly, so check often.
How to use this page
Make sure you note the type of application you submit as well as the date you submit it. The table will tell you which CPC is responsible for processing each type of application.
You can estimate the amount of time it will take to process your application. Note the date in the column “Processing Applications Received up to”, then add the amount of time posted in the column “Current Processing Time” to the date you submitted your application. This will give you an approximate date as to when you should receive a response from CIC. These processing times include a 10–day mailing period.
Read the tips for clients to help avoid delays in the processing of applications.
If after reading this page you need more information, please contact the Call Centre. Please note that Call Centre agents cannot speed up the process of your application or make decisions on your case.

Permanent Resident Applications
(4) Not all cases receive “first stage of approval” at CPC Vegreville. Some files may be transferred to a local CIC office. This may add further delays to the overall processing time.

Certified copies and corrections
(6) Processing times are average times and do not include processing times of the CIC local offices.

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
kathe said:
Guys,

Hope have a rock weekend, sit back, relax!

Applications processed in Canada
This page will tell you the length of time CIC's case processing centres (CPCs) currently need to process certain applications. The times posted on this page are for applications CIC processes in Canada and include applications for:
Types of Applications:
• sponsorship applications;
• permanent resident cards;
• permanent residence;
o Federal Skilled Workers
• temporary residence; and
• certified copies and replacements of documents.
The processing times are updated weekly, so check often.
How to use this page
Make sure you note the type of application you submit as well as the date you submit it. The table will tell you which CPC is responsible for processing each type of application.
You can estimate the amount of time it will take to process your application. Note the date in the column “Processing Applications Received up to”, then add the amount of time posted in the column “Current Processing Time” to the date you submitted your application. This will give you an approximate date as to when you should receive a response from CIC. These processing times include a 10–day mailing period.
Read the tips for clients to help avoid delays in the processing of applications.
If after reading this page you need more information, please contact the Call Centre. Please note that Call Centre agents cannot speed up the process of your application or make decisions on your case.

Permanent Resident Applications
(4) Not all cases receive “first stage of approval” at CPC Vegreville. Some files may be transferred to a local CIC office. This may add further delays to the overall processing time.

Certified copies and corrections
(6) Processing times are average times and do not include processing times of the CIC local offices.
thanks kathe,

can you please share a link to source?

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
Coffee said:
thanks kathe,

can you please share a link to source?
kathe, I got it by copy-pasting certain text into google search. please disregard my prior post. thanks

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp

kathe

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
AOR Received.
17/02/2011
Med's Request
24/05/2011
Med's Done....
27/06/2011 RPRF Sent...:27/06/2011 RPRF Cashed...: 29/06/2011
Passport Req..
14/07/2011 Passport submitted...: 10/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
18/08/2011
LANDED..........
Soon
You are welcome Coffee!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Hi Kathe and Coffee: Thanks for providing the information and the link. I've read through it and it looks to me as if it covers IN CANADA processing only, and the only FSW timelines I could see were ones that applied to pre 26/06. Have I missed something?