26-08-2010
Med's Request
22-March-2011
LANDED..........
Landed on 10-September-2011
pun123 said:
Hi

Is your friend POst 26/6?
Yes. His application was received on 20th august.

kathe

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
AOR Received.
17/02/2011
Med's Request
24/05/2011
Med's Done....
27/06/2011 RPRF Sent...:27/06/2011 RPRF Cashed...: 29/06/2011
Passport Req..
14/07/2011 Passport submitted...: 10/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
18/08/2011
LANDED..........
Soon
(IMO) This is the commitment of CIC regarding FSW time frame for processing, see below!

Eligibility criteria for federal skilled worker applicationsNote: If you are applying under one of the 29 eligible occupations, as of June 26, 2010, a maximum of 20,000 Federal Skilled Worker applications will be considered for processing in the following 12 months. Within the 20,000 cap, a maximum of 1,000 Federal Skilled Worker applications per eligible occupation will be considered for processing each year.

These limits do not apply to applications with an offer of arranged employment.

They have stated " as of June 26, 2010, a maximum of 20,000 Federal Skilled Worker applications will be considered for processing in the following 12 months"

In the following 12 mnths, means ???????

kathe

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
AOR Received.
17/02/2011
Med's Request
24/05/2011
Med's Done....
27/06/2011 RPRF Sent...:27/06/2011 RPRF Cashed...: 29/06/2011
Passport Req..
14/07/2011 Passport submitted...: 10/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
18/08/2011
LANDED..........
Soon
link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
Dear Friends

After going through last 10 pages (again & again) I have finally decided to put forth my feelings ....... same topic .... confusing and refusing part of so called 'completed applications' ....it's like ...hmmm...... final nail in the coffin.. :eek: ;D :eek:

In my opinion, the things are working out like this -
(1) Only 20,000 complete FSW applications (1000 max. per NOC) will be considered for processing .... that does mean - same # of AORs will be released (also that processing fees for 20,000 applicants will be credited into the bank). Here AOR means (I know everybody is aware of AOR!!) - Acknowledgment given with a reference # .... that application has been accepted for processing.
(2) 1K/20K complete FSW application means complete in all aspects .... passed Completeness check + Eligibility review. After these 2 steps ONLY, the application has to be counted under the CAP ..... & AOR will be generated.
(3) Last stage (Selection & admissibility) - Considering the nature of this stage, we can assume that 50% review will be done at CIO & 50% at VO. During this stage if somebody gets a negative & is disqualified / rejected ...... his P/fees will not be refunded ....though he might have received an AOR!!!

The recent update by CIO - 'Complete applications received towards the overall cap : 2226 of 20,000 as of 10/19/2010' ... I honestly feel that these applicants have passed their Eligibility review .... that's why considered into the CAP. And because they have given this Breaking news on 19 Oct 2010, hence mentioned - as of October 19, 2010. It does NOT mean that they have assessed ALL the applications received till 19 Oct. On the other hand ..... looking at the number of applicants in this list (& communication with CIO) also states that the review might have been done till Aug end / 1st week of Sept 2010.
Anyway, even if we don't receive any AORs.... ??? ... we will come to know about this fact within 10 days..... :eek: ??? ....I would rather say by tomorrow itself....... As we are assuming that CIO might have received 1000s of applications in Sept/Oct ...... we can very well assume that 1/4th of successful applicants will be from 1122 (I have taken the most conservative figure ....it should have been 1/3rd!!!) .... considering just 120 eligible applications per day (out of 150) - 30 will be for 1122; 600 / 150 in a week; CIO has to update their site with this information!!! If it is more than this assumed figure..... I feel there are 100s of applications pending. AND if the number is less than 600/150 ...... means CIO is updated with its current situation (may be a week delay max.)

I know I have increased the confusion and added one more layer of discussion :) :D ;D 8)
I will be adding one more post later :eek: ??? :'( :eek: .............. Thanks for bearing me....

Cheers, Anil

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
anil04_10 said:
Dear Friends

After going through last 10 pages (again & again) I have finally decided to put forth my feelings ....... same topic .... confusing and refusing part of so called 'completed applications' ....it's like ...hmmm...... final nail in the coffin.. :eek: ;D :eek:

(1) Only 20,000 complete FSW applications (1000 max. per NOC) will be considered for processing .... that does mean - same # of AORs will be released (also that processing fees for 20,000 applicants will be credited into the bank). Here AOR means (I know everybody is aware of AOR!!) - Acknowledgment given with a reference # .... that application has been accepted for processing.
(2) 1K/20K complete FSW application means complete in all aspects .... passed Completeness check + Eligibility review. After these 2 steps ONLY, the application has to be counted under the CAP ..... & AOR will be generated.
(3) Last stage (Selection & admissibility) - Considering the nature of this stage, we can assume that 50% review will be done at CIO & 50% at VO. During this stage if somebody gets a negative & is disqualified / rejected ...... his P/fees will not be refunded ....though he might have received an AOR!!!

The recent update by CIO - 'Complete applications received towards the overall cap : 2226 of 20,000 as of 10/19/2010' ... I honestly feel that these applicants have passed their Eligibility review .... that's why considered into the CAP. And because they have given this Breaking news on 19 Oct 2010, hence mentioned - as of October 19, 2010. It does NOT mean that they have assessed ALL the applications received till 19 Oct. But looking at the number of applicants in this lists (& communication with CIO) also states that the review might have been done till Aug end / 1st week of Sept 2010.
Anyway, even if we don't receive any AORs.... ??? ... we will come to know about this fact within 10 days..... :eek: ??? ....I would rather say by tomorrow itself....... As we are assuming that CIO might have received 1000s of applications in Sept/Oct ...... we can very well assume that 1/4th of successful applicants will be from 1122 (I have taken the most conservative figure ....it should have been 1/3rd!!!) .... considering just 120 eligible applications per day (out of 150) - 30 will be for 1122; 600 / 150 in a week; CIO has to update their site with this information!!! If it is more than this assumed figure..... I feel there are 100s of applications pending. AND if the number is less than 600/150 ...... means CIO is updated with its current situation (may be a week delay max.)

I know I have increased the confusion and added one more layer of discussion :) :D ;D 8)
I will be adding one more post later :eek: ??? :'( :eek: .............. Thanks for bearing me....

Cheers, Anil
Exactly what i was thinking :) I'm sure it has to be 20000 AORs for this year. Let's wait for tomorrow's update from CIC side :) Who knows :eek: :eek: May be we will be flooded with AORs too :p :p :p

We have done our best and let's hope for the best 8) 8)

Indira Prabhakaran.

ska

Oct 25, 2010
Hello everybody,
I read this thread everyday but now I need help though I decided to ask from you guys. I sent my documents to CIC 2 months ago and last week I got it back because I forgot to date 1 form (so be very carefull). My question is, do I have to rewrite all the forms again with the new issue date or just to replace that form , because they didn't say me to much. They thick me this problem in the explanation letter but didn't give me any other indications. So, what do you think?
Thanks

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
anil04_10 said:
Dear Friends

The recent update by CIO - 'Complete applications received towards the overall cap : 2226 of 20,000 as of 10/19/2010' ... I honestly feel that these applicants have passed their Eligibility review .... that's why considered into the CAP. And because they have given this Breaking news on 19 Oct 2010, hence mentioned - as of October 19, 2010. It does NOT mean that they have assessed ALL the applications received till 19 Oct. But looking at the number of applicants in this lists (& communication with CIO) also states that the review might have been done till Aug end / 1st week of Sept 2010.

Cheers, Anil
Hi Anil, I am in complete agreement with you that these numbers represent those which have passed their eligibility review.

What is confusing now is that 2 members have reported phoning up CIC, to be told that they will not hear anything for another 33 weeks. Two seperate people have been told the same number of weeks. That's EIGHT MONTHS. Others phoning pre-June-26 were reporting 10 week delays.

They surely cannot take 33 weeks to do an eligibility review, especially since we strongly suspect they have already done over 2000 eligiblity reviews. So my only conclusion, IF this is true, is that under the new process there are no AORs issued. The first thing we'll hear is from visa office - i.e. medical requests, request for further documents/info or rejection.

However, even if no AORs are being issued, surely anyone who fails their eligibility review will be getting their application back soon.

So, we should be able to start working some things out - i.e. if you get encashed and then go X weeks without having your application back, then it's highly likely you made it through eligibility review into the visa office. This is the same way those who cannot tell if their BD is encashed work out if they passed the completeness check or not.

Tbh if there are no AORs I think this is exceptionally poor from CIC. People spend weeks (some people months) preparing their application, spending $500 CAD per person only to hear nothing at all for months and months and months. Any other industry in which you paid a company $500 and they didn't even reply to their customers would never get away with this! How hard would it be to just send a quick email + file number after eligibility review is passed?

Well perhaps we might have a slightly clearer picture tomorrow if CIC update their list of NOC CAP numbers.

Wayne.

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
ska said:
Hello everybody,
I read this thread everyday but now I need help though I decided to ask from you guys. I sent my documents to CIC 2 months ago and last week I got it back because I forgot to date 1 form (so be very carefull). My question is, do I have to rewrite all the forms again with the new issue date or just to replace that form , because they didn't say me to much. They thick me this problem in the explanation letter but didn't give me any other indications. So, what do you think?
Thanks
Very sorry for you SKA, but which form are you talking about? Is it the additional family info form? Are we required to sign and date every application form although we don't have a place to sign and date?

I'm positive that it is not so anyway ??? ???

Indira Prabhakaran.

SoMeOnE-SoMeWhErE

Oct 21, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 2010
Med's Request
OCT 2011
Med's Done....
OCT 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 JUN 2012 PPR2 JUL 2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUL 2012
LANDED..........
AUG 2012
FSW applications received at the CIO on or after June 26, 2010
The second set of MIs applies to cases received at the CIO on or after June 26, 2010. The CIO will assess complete applications received on or after June 26, 2010, against the MIs to determine whether applicants are eligible for processing. Those determined to be eligible will be placed into processing. Applications that receive a negative determination of eligibility will not be processed and will receive a full refund.

Submitting the application
All FSW applications will continue to be sent to the CIO. Applicants are required to submit their complete application, together with all supporting documents, to the CIO. This includes all documents listed both on the CIO and visa-office-specific document checklists. Official language test results from a designated language testing agency must be submitted with the application.

The CIO will review applications for completeness pursuant to section 10 of the IRPR. If the application received is incomplete, the entire application package will be returned to the applicant.

Final eligibility determination at the CIO
The CIO will assess the applicant’s submission as-is and make a final determination of eligibility. To be eligible for processing, the applicant must meet all the criteria described in the MIs. If the application is eligible for processing, the applicant will be informed and the entire application will be forwarded to the visa office requested. Once processing has begun at a visa office, the cost recovery fee is no longer refundable.

If the applicant’s submission is determined to be ineligible for processing, the applicant will be informed and will receive a refund.

source: cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob218

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
SoMeOnE-SoMeWhErE said:
FSW applications received at the CIO on or after June 26, 2010
The second set of MIs applies to cases received at the CIO on or after June 26, 2010. The CIO will assess complete applications received on or after June 26, 2010, against the MIs to determine whether applicants are eligible for processing. Those determined to be eligible will be placed into processing. Applications that receive a negative determination of eligibility will not be processed and will receive a full refund.

Submitting the application
All FSW applications will continue to be sent to the CIO. Applicants are required to submit their complete application, together with all supporting documents, to the CIO. This includes all documents listed both on the CIO and visa-office-specific document checklists. Official language test results from a designated language testing agency must be submitted with the application.

The CIO will review applications for completeness pursuant to section 10 of the IRPR. If the application received is incomplete, the entire application package will be returned to the applicant.

Final eligibility determination at the CIO
The CIO will assess the applicant's submission as-is and make a final determination of eligibility. To be eligible for processing, the applicant must meet all the criteria described in the MIs. If the application is eligible for processing, the applicant will be informed and the entire application will be forwarded to the visa office requested. Once processing has begun at a visa office, the cost recovery fee is no longer refundable.

If the applicant's submission is determined to be ineligible for processing, the applicant will be informed and will receive a refund.

source: cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob218
Hi, thanks for posting the info. Well CIC seem very clear that we will be informed if we pass the eligibility review.

So that leads to the question of where the hell this 33 weeks number came from? Sounds ridiculous to me. From all I have seen and heard CIC should be ready to start sending out the first post-June-26 AORs any day now.

Ah well, we will just have to wait it out I guess.

Wayne

ska

Oct 25, 2010
indira_prab said:
Very sorry for you SKA, but which form are you talking about? Is it the additional family info form? Are we required to sign and date every application form although we don't have a place to sign and date?

I'm positive that it is not so anyway ??? ???

Indira Prabhakaran.
5620, Fee payment form, I thought that the entire row is reserved for "official use only"...sad

SoMeOnE-SoMeWhErE

Oct 21, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 2010
Med's Request
OCT 2011
Med's Done....
OCT 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 JUN 2012 PPR2 JUL 2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUL 2012
LANDED..........
AUG 2012
cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

Manual for FSW

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anil04_10 said:
Dear Friends

The recent update by CIO - 'Complete applications received towards the overall cap : 2226 of 20,000 as of 10/19/2010' ... I honestly feel that these applicants have passed their Eligibility review .... that's why considered into the CAP. And because they have given this Breaking news on 19 Oct 2010, hence mentioned - as of October 19, 2010. It does NOT mean that they have assessed ALL the applications received till 19 Oct. On the other hand ..... looking at the number of applicants in this list (& communication with CIO) also states that the review might have been done till Aug end / 1st week of Sept 2010.

Cheers, Anil
Very nice assessment Anil. However the website clearly states "Total complete applications received since June 26, 2010" & not eligible applications. These are applications that have passed only the completeness check & not yet reviewed for eligibility.
Another thing that Wayne has mentioned may be pertinent is that their might be no "AOR's". The application will be transferred to the Visa Office for final determination & Background check & the applicant will receive any kind of communication thereafter only. The File no. may be conveyed by CIO Sydney, but it is of no consequence in the current process as documents are not to be submitted at Visa Office.
The reason the pre-26 June process had 2 AOR's was because the forms were submitted twice & both times a file no. was created for Office records of that particular office (CIO, Sydney & CHC, VO).
This may not be the case with post 26 June applicants & VO will not give a new file number as it is not required.
Anyways time will tell the exact procedure that will be followed...

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
ska said:
Hello everybody,
I read this thread everyday but now I need help though I decided to ask from you guys. ..............
.......... They thick me this problem in the explanation letter but didn't give me any other indications. So, what do you think?
Thanks
Hi ska....Welcome to this thread

It's really bad that CIO has returned your application for want of date ??? ??? ....but good news is...you can STILL reapply ;)
Strictly speaking there are only 2 forms that have to be signed with date (+ explanation letters, if any) ....one is Schedule 1 - Background /Declaration (IMM0008_1) and the other one - Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) ...in this you may have to sign (with date) at 2 or 3 places (depending on your family status).
Only add the required sheet...fill the details again ....this time sign (with date) ;D ;D. Also keep the old sheet for their reference...... don't forget to photocopy the application (wherever CIO has put the remarks), it may be helpful in future. All the Best.

Cheers, Anil

ska

Oct 25, 2010
Thank you Anil, I hope it will work this time. So you think it's ok if I send back the old forms wich are already viewed by them.
Thank you