Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
yukon said:
Basically what I meant was that it not that 2226 AOR's are confirmed to be issued.

Out of these 2226 applications they will be subjected to processing steps as done at Visa Office Level before giving an AOR.
Hi Yukon,

I value your opinion :). Is there a source for you to say that VO will process the application before the AOR?

The steps as per OP6 are:

1. CIO receives and does a completeness check for the application
2. CIO processes the payment
3. CIO does the eligibility review for the applications(MI check)
4. If the application passes the eligibility check, APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED(AOR???)
5. CIO starts to process the application and performs Minimal requirements check(NOCs, job descriptions as per MI)
6. CIO assesses the total points for the application under 6 selection factors and settlement funds
7. If the application passes the 67 points, CIO will forward the application to the VO for a final selection decision
8. VO carries out the background checks, has options for interviews, substituted evaluations at this stage
9. Medicals & RPRF
10. Issue VISA 8) 8) 8)

So, according to the OP6, we should be notified(AOR??) once the applications pass the eligibility check. Yes they may have decided to fill the CAP first and then notify applicants, but they cant skip notifying applicants before actually processing the applications.

I'm not sure how CIO/VO can make amendments to the process unless they amend the OP6 manual itself.

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
indira_prab said:
Hi Yukon,

I value your opinion :). Is there a source for you to say that VO will process the application before the AOR?

4. If the application passes the eligibility check, APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED(AOR???)
5. CIO starts to process the application and performs Minimal requirements check(NOCs, job descriptions as per MI)
6. CIO assesses the total points for the application under 6 selection factors and settlement funds
7. If the application passes the 67 points, CIO will forward the application to the VO for a final selection decision
8. VO carries out the background checks, has options for interviews, substituted evaluations at this stage
9. Medicals & RPRF
10. Issue VISA 8) 8) 8)

So, according to the OP6, we should be notified(AOR??) once the applications pass the eligibility check. Yes they may have decided to fill the CAP first and then notify applicants, but they cant skip notifying applicants before actually processing the applications.

I'm not sure how CIO/VO can make amendments to the process unless they amend the OP6 manual itself.

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
I suspected initially that they may have been waiting for the 20000 cap to be filled before sending any AORs, but with only 2226 confirmed they have a long way to go. I think it will be many months before the cap is filled so I am hoping this is not what they are doing.

Posting the list of applications counting towards the cap is a sign of some movement by CIC on post-June-26 applications so I am hopeful that AORs will be issued very shortly. My main concern however is the 33 weeks quoted by CIC to a couple of applicants. Very concerning.

Wayne.

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
yukon said:
Pls. read this OP6 Manual:
................, this break in continuity would be acceptable. The
occupation must be listed in the MI.
Dear Yukon

The topic is becoming more and more exciting .... & ....I am not getting time to post my views on another topic....... :-X :-X .. ..... still I will keep this topic alive till death :p :p
Just for a moment ...take one hypothetical situation that out of these 20K your completed applicants ....10K gets rejected at eligibility review ....you mean to say only 10K will get the AORs ...... that will be quite absurd...dear friend. Whereas my assumption of 20K already includes those applicants with eligibility review cleared. So now you decide - what CIO means by 'completed applications'.
Now comes AOR part ...... I didn't say ....20,000 visas will be issued...I said 20,000 AORs / a sort of reference # / confirmation from CIO (whatever!!!), will be generated. Some of them ....say around 10% may get rejected at VO..... PP issues, not enough PoF, falsified documents, doubtful background, No PCC and many such reasons........ finally medicals...... 8) 8) ....all these will certainly bring down the number of successful candidates to 85-90%. ;D ;D
Just for fun ....take one more hypothetical situation ...... :eek: :eek: ......say all people who got AORs (as per my assumption 20K) clears every stage and are ready for PP stampings. So you think that there will be 20,000 visas ..... NO it will be around 60,000....... :eek: 8) :eek: .....that is the reason they (CIO) always mention that . "X no. of completed applications will be processed .....and not X no. of Visas will be issued"........... Take care dear friend.....

Cheers, Anil

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indira_prab said:
Hi Yukon,

9. Medicals & RPRF
10. Issue VISA 8) 8) 8)

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
Yes true Indira, I have mentioned the same steps just now in a new post. The AOR is just an "Acknowledgment of Receipt" of the application. It means nothing more. In the current context however the AOR has lost it's meaning as compared to pre-26 June applicants, since they have nothing to ask for from the applicant. They may acknowledge the applicant only after step-6, check of the 6 selection criteria & award of 67 points, that's what I feel. Because that's the time they will transfer the application to the Visa Office.

Rgds,

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
Cappuccino said:
I suspected initially that they may have been waiting for the 20000 cap to be filled before sending any AORs, but with only 2226 confirmed they have a long way to go. I think it will be many months before the cap is filled so I am hoping this is not what they are doing.

Posting the list of applications counting towards the cap is a sign of some movement by CIC on post-June-26 applications so I am hopeful that AORs will be issued very shortly. My main concern however is the 33 weeks quoted by CIC to a couple of applicants. Very concerning.

Wayne.
My guess is the 33 weeks :eek: bomb :p :p is just to keep people from calling, or the maximum time they give for processing the application. For some reasons, I'm not concerned of that and i believe they will go through the OP6 Manual unless they put some info otherwise on the website.

Also i think they should issue 20000 AORs eventually this year, 2226 of which is already piled up for. We should get some good news tomorrow, worst cases next week 8) 8) 8)

Indira Prabhakaran.

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One year mean from 26 June 2010 till 1 July 2011

kathe said:
(IMO) This is the commitment of CIC regarding FSW time frame for processing, see below!

Eligibility criteria for federal skilled worker applicationsNote: If you are applying under one of the 29 eligible occupations, as of June 26, 2010, a maximum of 20,000 Federal Skilled Worker applications will be considered for processing in the following 12 months. Within the 20,000 cap, a maximum of 1,000 Federal Skilled Worker applications per eligible occupation will be considered for processing each year.

These limits do not apply to applications with an offer of arranged employment.

They have stated " as of June 26, 2010, a maximum of 20,000 Federal Skilled Worker applications will be considered for processing in the following 12 months"

In the following 12 mnths, means ???????

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
yukon said:
Yes true Indira, I have mentioned the same steps just now in a new post. The AOR is just an "Acknowledgment of Receipt" of the application. It means nothing more. In the current context however the AOR has lost it's meaning as compared to pre-26 June applicants, since they have nothing to ask for from the applicant. They may acknowledge the applicant only after step-6, check of the 6 selection criteria & award of 67 points, that's what I feel. Because that's the time they will transfer the application to the Visa Office.

Rgds,
Hi Yukon,

I again stress that AOR is still an important step in the process. An AOR means, your application is accepted for processing for PR. Else, an application will find it's way back. It's either AOR or a refund :p :p :p

Also if the application passes step 3, the basic eligibility check under MI, an application will get into the queue(AOR) - else come home!

Indira Prabhakaran.

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
pun123 said:
One year mean from 26 June 2010 till 1 July 2011
Dear friend

I think it's from June 26, 2010 to June 30, 2011 for this year.... From next year onwards it will be July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2012.

Cheers, Anil

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indira_prab said:
Hi Yukon,

I again stress that AOR is still an important step in the process. An AOR means, your application is accepted for processing for PR. Else, an application will find it's way back. It's either AOR or a refund :p :p :p

Also if the application passes step 3, the basic eligibility check under MI, an application will get into the queue(AOR) - else come home!

Indira Prabhakaran.
The AOR may not come till the stage of transfer to Visa Office. As it can be rejected anytime before that, at completeness check, minimum requirement check or 6 factor check. So CIO may not acknowledge it before step-6. No point in acknowledging & then rejecting.

That is why they are stating 33 weeks.

Pls. see this post:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/steps-for-processing-post-26-june-applicants-t56182.0.html

Moori

Sep 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
AOR Received.
6th Jan 2011
File Transfer...
25th feb 2011
Med's Request
March 8, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-4-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-5-2011
ska said:
5620, Fee payment form, I thought that the entire row is reserved for "official use only"...sad
Dear ska,

What was the method of your payment ? credit card or bank draft ?

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
indira_prab said:
My guess is the 33 weeks :eek: bomb :p :p is just to keep people from calling, or the maximum time they give for processing the application. For some reasons, I'm not concerned of that and i believe they will go through the OP6 Manual unless they put some info otherwise on the website.

Also i think they should issue 20000 AORs eventually this year, 2226 of which is already piled up for. We should get some good news tomorrow, worst cases next week 8) 8) 8)

Indira Prabhakaran.
That's true Indira...
Somehow I too am not having that tension of 33 weeks!! It is just to scare off the tensed applicants....... now applicants should call them with an answer .... 'We heard / we were told that the processing time is now 33 weeks from the date of receipt of application - Is it true??' ??? ???

Cheers, Anil

faraz_fahimi

Star Member
Sep 18, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011 and CC charged 28-09-2011
AOR Received.
PER 24-10-2011 and AOR 15-11-2011
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
In Process 16-11-2011
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
25-02-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-06-2012
hi
i heard from a consultant that CIO was Upgrading their systems and softwares and training officers for new post june rules this summer, and this is reason for AOR delay!!!!(from may 3rd)
now this update is finished and we should expect AORs by the end of october.

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hey Wayne / Indira...
Can you please tell me in which all IMM forms signatures were required..... :eek: :eek: Thanks

Cheers, Anil

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let us hope good news .......

Oct still has 5 working days for CIC

As per May / June threads still 35% plus people are waiting for AOR

faraz_fahimi said:
hi
i heard from a consultant that CIO was Upgrading their systems and softwares and training officers for new post june rules this summer, and this is reason for AOR delay!!!!(from may 3rd)
now this update is finished and we should expect AORs by the end of october.

ekram787

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Unknown
Category........
Visa Office......
None
App. Filed.......
None
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
None
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
None
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
None
Cam1234 said:
In the spirit of helping one another, I would like to create a group. I realize some older posters have already taken steps towards this, but unfortunately I was not here. Those of us who are lucky enough to get the PR Visa (and I pray that I am in that group), will face a challenging time initially after landing. There will be legal matters to take care of, employment matters, housing matters, etc. If we can form a group that meets on a regular basis, we can share our experiences and knowledge and help each other.

I am hoping to get to the Toronto region, if there are others going there who would like to take part in this gathering, please in-box me (send a private message) your emails. I will create a list to contact everyone. Most of us here have applied around the same time and will hopefully get our landing papers together... it only makes sense to meet once we are there to help each other...

United we stand :)

I will post this message every now and then as the months go by for others who are interested to join. I hope some of you find value in what I am proposing.

Take care and God Bless,
Cam
Dear Cam I am also interested to join! :)