Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
queencougar said:
Good point, Ammaar and also, the background checks for us as Category 2 are so much less anyway that we should be even faster once that begins. No need for Proof of Funds or for checking husband's job history to see if he fits the NOC code. All his job in Canada needs to be is NOC group A,B or O and permanent - and that (plus other checks) has already been done last June by HRSDC when he applied for the LMO.
I am not sure why applying from outside the UK should be discriminated against at the RBVO stage, but I could see that it might take longer to get the background checks done once it goes to IN PROCESS.
The exception to that would be for those like my husband who have only living outside the UK because they had to go to Canada already to start work! For him, the background checks are just the same as for someone born and residing in the UK, as his whole life story is here to be checked right up until he left to work in Canada last August. For me, as Spouse, I am still resident in the UK, so no issue there either.
So, the mystery goes on and we wait in hope.
I am not sure what they are doing with change of address or Case Specific e-mails as I ave not found anyone who has had a reply to one from London yet, Ammaar. :(

I wish for all of us to get the news this week that we have been IN PROCESS all this time but ECAS update was just delayed. :D
you're absolutely spot on! Category-2 cases must be processed even faster than the fsw1 cases... I hope and pray the London VO starts working in the same fashion as NDVO and Manila VO!

Ammaar

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
Advance123 said:
I am within the UK and I am waiting like you.Where is the discrimination?

I will advise patience and lets do away with the conspiracy theories. When it is our turn we will be attended to. We can make assumptions about order of processing but only the VO knows what they have to deal with while processing each application.

Ecas is not designed for applications made from outside Canada so it is not always accurate so don't base your conclusions on it.

Just wish all the successful guys the best and look forward to when you receive some good news.
well Advance123, you could be an exceptional case, look at the other cases in which the applicants from the London VO have either received the medicals or their statuses changed to in process! It could be because your case might be slightly complex!
By the way, I am not arguing on this point. I think there could be other reason as well: there could be a flaw in the eCAS itself. What if they are actually processing our files and might be doing verifications/background checks and doing so if they are satisfied/partly satisfied, they might send the medicals and change the eCAS to in process in parallel and continue working with the verifications/background checks!
But clearly there's a marked difference between the applications received from the INSIDE of the UK and those made OUTSIDE!! Let's hope that's not the case and we receive our MR's soon!
It's great to see so many forum members getting MR's/PPR's/VISA's but looking at your eCAS status day in and day out just to find your application is RBVO!! :(

Ammaar

Rohan09

Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9' 10
AOR Received.
Jan 7' 11
IELTS Request
Original doc sent with application
Med's Request
Mar 3' 11
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Mar 3' 11
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 5' 11
LANDED..........
Oct 28' 11
moabbasi said:
Congrats mate... :)
Your long awaited AOR finally arrived with a charm :D
[Updated both the spreadsheets]
Congos Mayank... :)

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Advance123 said:
I am within the UK and I am waiting like you.Where is the discrimination?
Dude, you are the exception that proves the rule :)))

You know, I keep thinking about this unjustified discrimination and feel really sorry, not only for myself, but also for Canada, the nation that sells itself as a place of justice and equality. Many of us are leaving their country of origin or residence not because of money (personally, I think I need at least a decade in Canada to get the same pay I'm getting now in the UAE), but in pursuit for justice, freedom , and dignity we couldn't find in other places. This is our first time to get in touch with the Canadian system and first impressions always persist.

For me, even if I get the Canadian visa on time (which is something I doubt), it will take me long time to get rid of this bad memory. I'll be going to Canada feeling that I'm not quite welcomed, at least not to the level of someone from a different background. I believe it is not of the best interest of Canada to have people starting their new life there with this perception of being a second-class or low-priority residents. I hope the officials at London VO prove me wrong quickly and change the dark picture I'm starting to form about the equality and discrimination status in Canada.

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Milton, ON
Category........
FSW
asaif said:

You know, I keep thinking about this unjustified discrimination and feel really sorry, not only for myself, but also for Canada, the nation that sells itself as a place of justice and equality. Many of us are leaving their country of origin or residence not because of money (personally, I think I need at least a decade in Canada to get the same pay I'm getting now in the UAE), but in pursuit for justice, freedom , and dignity we couldn't find in other places. This is our first time to get in touch with the Canadian system and first impressions always persist.

For me, even if I get the Canadian visa on time (which is something I doubt), it will take me long time to get rid of this bad memory. I'll be going to Canada feeling that I'm not quite welcomed, at least not to the level of someone from a different background. I believe it is not of the best interest of Canada to have people starting their new life there with this perception of being a second-class or low-priority residents. I hope the officials at London VO prove me wrong quickly and change the dark picture I'm starting to form about the equality and discrimination status in Canada.
Asaif:
I feel sorry for some of your thoughts. I can totally understand your frustration which has hit ALL applicants who are "delayed". If I were you, I would look back at pre 626 applicants who are on long waiting lists. I believe we are all privileged with this 6-12 months procedure. Twelve months! It is proven to be less for some and many more to come. Final steps are being taken at local VO's in a particular order that may differ from one office to the other and from one applicant to the another from within the same country and within the same VO. Each application has its variants. I want you to to imagine yourself as a Visa Officer. As a human being doing a job, you may be affected by mood swings, problems at work, etc. Your daily schedule is to finialise 5 applications. One day, you are called for a meeting by the Consul. You get an hour and a half delayed which pushes one application to another day. The following day you are feeling lucky and you simply choose another file. A new beginning for a brighter day requires that you start on a whole new application with an unfinished one. You postpone it. You do not omit it from the list. It still has to meet that 6-12 month deadline. It will. Maybe 9 months. Maybe 9 and a half. Maybe 12.

To the visa officer, you are just a file. To a more human visa officer, you are more than a file. He/she cares more and understand your situation. He/she are better workers than the former. They will be promoted someday while the former won't. Applicants are the victims of these variations unless your file is transferred to the latter for better performance but he has to start on it from the beginning. Oh, by the way, he works at a rate of 3 files/day. More scrutiny here. Get the picture? Variants.

As for Canada, It is a beautiful country with great people. They are totally the opposite of what you think. I am truly sorry you feel this way but I am sure the welcoming Immigration Officer at the airport will erase the unjustified thoughts of yours. It will be your entry motivation to this beautiful country. I am basing my words on my true experiences there compared to other countries. I have lived and worked in the UAE with the huge salaries of petroleum. I was still under-payed compared to other nationalities even though for Egypt was great. I quit in the right time.

Remember: Canada wants YOU!

It's a purely fair business deal here to both ends.

Remember: You are being discriminated at in your own country, Egypt. Fact!

There is no discrimination in Canada. It simply is not in their system. The multiculturalism is great and is strictly applied by the book. Canada is formed by immigrants from decades back. You are all the same with exception to time. Being new there does not mean that the old is not an immigrant. Canadians are all immigrants. It's your behaviour and personality that make all the difference. It is up to you and only you.

This forum and thread is an example of how Canada will be like. Canada is the brighter and better picture of the UAE. Trust me on this.

Now, again, it is up to you to believe and live your dark thoughts or relinquish them and live the brighter picture. It truly is bright if you want to see it this way ;)

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
4.3.11 IN PROCESS 26.7.11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
I would get myself to Canada and snap up his job asap, Louise. Go on a TWP. That's what my husband had to do to make sure that his job did not disappear in these recessionary times.
There are so many uncertainties in this process but at least if you are there in Canada you are one step ahead of the game and getting valuable Canadian experience.

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cairo said:
Asaif:
I feel sorry for some of your thoughts. I can totally understand your frustration which has hit ALL applicants who are "delayed". If I were you, I would look back at pre 626 applicants who are on long waiting lists. I believe we are all privileged with this 6-12 months procedure. Twelve months! It is proven to be less for some and many more to come. Final steps are being taken at local VO's in a particular order that may differ from one office to the other and from one applicant to the another from within the same country and within the same VO. Each application has its variants. I want you to to imagine yourself as a Visa Officer. As a human being doing a job, you may be affected by mood swings, problems at work, etc. Your daily schedule is to finialise 5 applications. One day, you are called for a meeting by the Consul. You get an hour and a half delayed which pushes one application to another day. The following day you are feeling lucky and you simply choose another file. A new beginning for a brighter day requires that you start on a whole new application with an unfinished one. You postpone it. You do not omit it from the list. It still has to meet that 6-12 month deadline. It will. Maybe 9 months. Maybe 9 and a half. Maybe 12.

To the visa officer, you are just a file. To a more human visa officer, you are more than a file. He/she cares more and understand your situation. He/she are better workers than the former. They will be promoted someday while the former won't. Applicants are the victims of these variations unless your file is transferred to the latter for better performance but he has to start on it from the beginning. Oh, by the way, he works at a rate of 3 files/day. More scrutiny here. Get the picture? Variants.

As for Canada, It is a beautiful country with great people. They are totally the opposite of what you think. I am truly sorry you feel this way but I am sure the welcoming Immigration Officer at the airport will erase the unjustified thoughts of yours. It will be your entry motivation to this beautiful country. I am basing my words on my true experiences there compared to other countries. I have lived and worked in the UAE with the huge salaries of petroleum. I was still under-payed compared to other nationalities even though for Egypt was great. I quit in the right time.

There is no discrimination in Canada. It simply is not in their system. The multiculturalism is great and is strictly applied by the book. Canada is formed by immigrants from decades back. You are all the same with exception to time. Being new there does not mean that the old is not an immigrant. Canadians are all immigrants. It's your behaviour and personality that make all the difference. It is up to you and only you.

This forum and thread is an example of how Canada will be like. Canada is the brighter and better picture of the UAE. Trust me on this.

Now, again, it is up to you to believe and live your dark thoughts or relinquish them and live the brighter picture. It truly is bright if you want to see it this way ;)
Cairo, I enjoyed reading your post and really appreciate your advice.
However, I have to disagree with your regarding the officer's mood explanation of the discrimination taking place. From what we have seen it looks more like a systematic process embedded within the VO system. I'm quite sure this is not a policy imposed by the CIO, but only a decision taken at the VO level by its employees, who are usually locals.
I've travelled to several liberal countries, and my wife has been to Canada before, so I know that what are you saying is perfectly correct. However, I'm quite frustrated from the current situation. BTW, I'm not angry about the processing time. I have an old application still pending since Oct 2007. What piss me off is the discrimination. Should the same measures being applied on everyone, I'd be perfectly fine.
Thanks again for your nice post and I wish you the best of luck.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
9jcanada said:
Still don't understand why CIO have decided to "sit on" our applications while recent applicants are getting PER within a month. What's more worrying is not knowing when the CIO are going to have a look at our applications or what's going to happen come July 2011 in the light of the expected changes to the FSW and a new MI.
9j

9j,
Sorry for the delay but I thought you had a reference number to check the status of your application and that your ecas status shows that your application was reviewed and a letter was sent to you but you did not get it. Pls correct me if I am wrong.
Anyway, I pray that you hear good news very soon.

Shalom

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
asaif said:

I am so sorry that you feel this way, my friend, but I understand these bitter feelings because I have had them too in dark times.
BUT I can tell you this as the truth.
To the people of Canada you will not be a low priority - it is the Visa Office that is to be scrutinised here and not the Canadians. I know this because many times my husband tells me that his work colleagues ask him when his "lovely wife" is coming to be with him, especially now that he has just returned back to work after visiting me back in the UK and every time he has to tell them he does not know.
They all feel sad for us that we must be apart and they cannot understand why there is such a delay and they curse the Canadian system which is their own for the fact that it is keeping good, genuine people like us apart and keeping us from beginning a new Canadian life.
I feel sorry for them also that they have no confidence in their own system because of knowing our plight. My husband's company are being put to great expense and added trouble by their own Government to reapply for his LMO due to this length of time to process and they are being so kind to him about it but nevertheless it is bad that they have to go to this trouble twice.
So do not go to Canada with any bad feeling - even the citizens of the country feel angry and confused about their own system and I know this for a fact. We are all victims of it.
When I get to Canada I already have friends waiting for me who are on my side and so will you discover, even though you do not realise it yet. You will most certainly not be second class and you will be valued and welcomed for yourself.

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
Congratulations to mptocanada on his great news. ;D

Cur-Rozen

Sep 28, 2010
Ontario, Vaughan (city above Toronto)
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20,2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13, 2011
IELTS Request
attached (L7.5 R9 W6.5 S6.5, BS7.5)
File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sorry for all those posts I haven't read. But we have some progress! :D

Today we have finished our Medicals. Paid about 220 euro for 2,5 person ;D It took us half of the day (we were very hungry as for blood test you should be hungry). Done: short physical examination, chest X-ray, 2 blood test (HIV and Syphilis) and urine. That was all! The lady said it will take 6-7 weeks before we hear something from Bucharest. Lets pray for the best ;D ;D ;D

Good luck to everybody!!!!!

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
queencougar said:
I am so sorry that you feel this way, my friend, but I understand these bitter feelings because I have had them too in dark times.
BUT I can tell you this as the truth.
To the people of Canada you will not be a low priority - it is the Visa Office that is to be scrutinised here and not the Canadians. I know this because many times my husband tells me that his work colleagues ask him when his "lovely wife" is coming to be with him, especially now that he has just returned back to work after visiting me back in the UK and every time he has to tell them he does not know.
They all feel sad for us that we must be apart and they cannot understand why there is such a delay and they curse the Canadian system which is their own for the fact that it is keeping good, genuine people like us apart and keeping us from beginning a new Canadian life.
I feel sorry for them also that they have no confidence in their own system because of knowing our plight. My husband's company are being put to great expense and added trouble by their own Government to reapply for his LMO due to this length of time to process and they are being so kind to him about it but nevertheless it is bad that they have to go to this trouble twice.
So do not go to Canada with any bad feeling - even the citizens of the country feel angry and confused about their own system and I know this for a fact. We are all victims of it.
When I get to Canada I already have friends waiting for me who are on my side and so will you discover, even though you do not realise it yet. You will most certainly not be second class and you will be valued and welcomed for yourself.
Thanks for your kind words queencougar. I hope you can join your husband in Canada very soon.

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
asaif said:
Thanks for your kind words queencougar. I hope you can join your husband in Canada very soon.
Thanks, asaif. Take it easy.

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
Cairo said:
Asaif:

Wow!!! You are amazing, man! Thumps up. ;)

As of me,I'm struggling in Egypt.And for a reason only Allah knows, I tried million of times and still trying to get a job offer anywhere abroad with no luck at all!!! Being " Certified Project Manager" ..being "Account Manager" ... being "System Engineer" ...being "IT Security Supervisor" with over than ten years experience and excellent user of English language seem to be not enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Even though being extremely frustrated with the significant delay happened to our file, i would not mind to be delayed but i only need to know that one day our file will be accepted. I'm like a prisoner who is waiting to hear the court decision: "Innocent or Guilty" ? That's exactly how i feel.

I want this immigration so badly. In fact, I'm in a bad need of it. It's just either to live or to die. I'm not aiming for money...I'm not aiming for positions...I'm not aiming for entertainment or just breaking a routine. I need it. I need to live in peace with myself and others...I need to raise my kids in an environment that sharpens their skills and appreciate their talents...I need to live as human and to feel i am a human.

I know that many of this forum members have the same goals and I'm praying that Allah will not let us down.
;)

canady