23 SEP 2011
File Transfer...
07 JUL 2012 - Ottawa
Med's Request
23 SEP 2011
Med's Done....
03 OCT 2011
miyako_cat said:
Let'e me put more details here, however I didn't keep a record of some of the dates, I can only tell you the month :

I sent all my PR application along with my the finger prints / criminal record check and the PNP confirmation in Feb 2011.
They recieved my application on Mar 14, 2011.
Recieved the letter saying that I need medical check early Sept 2011. (Got that done in three weeks)
Medical check recieved by CIC late Oct 2011.

Didn't hear anything between Nov 2011 to Jan 2012.
Got an email saying that my file got transfer to LA on Feb 9, 2012.

Didn't hear anything for another one month and a half.
Just got the confirmation saying my PR application in completed on Mar 21, 2012; and they require me to send the passport to LA office within 60 days.

I don't know if that would make any different on the processing time as my post-grad working visa is expiring in June 2012.
I was so close to spend another $150 to extend my work visa last week. Is good that I haven't got everything ready last week. Otherwise, I would have wasted $150.
Congrats miyako_cat.

I'm just curious that everyone on this thread sent Canada criminal record check or the finger prints when applying?

I sent my criminal record check from my home country not in Canada. Well, my wife has to get criminal check from France as well because she was there for about 2 years. But not in Canada. I kinda remember that the AINP package or something said that criminal record check isn't necessary until they ask. And the package didn't say anything about the finger prints. Or am I missing something here? :eek:

They received my application, got AOR, did medical exam. They haven't asked me about the criminal check in Canada or even finger prints yet.

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seulkiro said:
Congrats miyako_cat.

I'm just curious that everyone on this thread sent Canada criminal record check or the finger prints when applying?

I sent my criminal record check from my home country not in Canada. Well, my wife has to get criminal check from France as well because she was there for about 2 years. But not in Canada. I kinda remember that the AINP package or something said that criminal record check isn't necessary until they ask. And the package didn't say anything about the finger prints. Or am I missing something here? :eek:

They received my application, got AOR, did medical exam. They haven't asked me about the criminal check in Canada or even finger prints yet.
Well I sent fingerprints and criminal record check from my home country.

miyako_cat

Mar 19, 2012
seulkiro said:
Congrats miyako_cat.

I sent my finger prints and criminal report check along with my application because I just want to avoid sending extra documents to them later on.

Correct me if I am wrong:
I think you will need to get the criminal record check from the country where you've lived in after you were 18 year old.
My friend who came to Canada when he was 19. He sumbiited the criminal checks from his home country as well as Canada.

dothk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-28-2011
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2011
Passport Req..
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2012
LANDED..........
01-09-2012
miyako_cat said:
Just want to update you with the timeline for my PR application.

Application recieved in Bufflo Mar 2011.
Medical Exam result recieved in Oct 2011.
File got transfer to LA office in Febn 2012.
Recieved letter saying that PR application is completed on Mar 21, 2012.

It takes me exactly 12 months and 1 week for my application to be completed. I think all of you guys should be hearing the good news soon~!! ;)
Wow, that is really fast! My application received in buffalo in March too. We did the 1st medical exam in Sep, additional one in Oct. However, our E cas status have not been update since Aug. It still shows "application received....". I have submitted the GCMS note request, 30 days have passed, still haven't receive anything from that. This long wait makes me so worry............ :( I have made the enquiries about the case, all i got were" in process". I don't even know what is going on now.

Is anyone here going through a similar situation?

makingsense

Mar 5, 2012
dothk said:
Wow, that is really fast! My application received in buffalo in March too. We did the 1st medical exam in Sep, additional one in Oct. However, our E cas status have not been update since Aug. It still shows "application received....". I have submitted the GCMS note request, 30 days have passed, still haven't receive anything from that. This long wait makes me so worry............ :( I have made the enquiries about the case, all i got were" in process". I don't even know what is going on now.

Is anyone here going through a similar situation?
Don't worry, there are plenty of us going through the absolute same situation.

hanisuliman

Jul 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/6/2011
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
13/11/2011
File Transfer...
Detroit 17/02/2012
Med's Done....
15/11/2011
Passport Req..
30/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/2012
LANDED..........
2/4/2012
I have question..

My file transferred to Detroit and i did not pay my RPRF fees yet. I'm planning when i get passport request, to go to Detroit for visa stamping in person. Since i did not pay my RPTF, does this makes a problem? and how i'm gonna pay the fees at the embassy.

sim24

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2011
Doc's Request.
09-09-2011 (fingerprints)
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
File Transfer...
04-17-2012 to LA
Med's Request
09-09-2011
Med's Done....
09-30-2011
Passport Req..
06-19-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2012
Guys m sorry for goin off topic but I need some answers.. So my health card, sin , driver license is expiring in April as my visa is expiring but my work permit is until oct 2013, so how do I go about renewing em if I am not planning on renewing my visa sticker as I can stay here legally If I hav valip wp. I will appreciate ur responses. Thanks

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sim24 said:
Guys m sorry for goin off topic but I need some answers.. So my health card, sin , driver license is expiring in April as my visa is expiring but my work permit is until oct 2013, so how do I go about renewing em if I am not planning on renewing my visa sticker as I can stay here legally If I hav valip wp. I will appreciate ur responses. Thanks
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they go by the validity of your work permit. Your visa sticker is for leaving and entering the country. When I renewed my health card and sin they only asked for my work permit and went by the date on that. All my documents are showing expiry date of Feb 2013 which is when my work permit is due to expire.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
saka101 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they go by the validity of your work permit. Your visa sticker is for leaving and entering the country. When I renewed my health card and sin they only asked for my work permit and went by the date on that. All my documents are showing expiry date of Feb 2013 which is when my work permit is due to expire.
Agreed.. Goto SGI and tell them you want to re new your drivers license and show them your work permit. Goto Service canada and your SIN should be updated and also health card.

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A bit off topic here too but I was told that when I get my new SIN number, it will appear that I am a new person to Canada so my existing credit will be erased. So basically I will have no credit and will be starting new. Does anyone know if this is true?

hanisuliman

Jul 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/6/2011
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
13/11/2011
File Transfer...
Detroit 17/02/2012
Med's Done....
15/11/2011
Passport Req..
30/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/2012
LANDED..........
2/4/2012
saka101 said:
A bit off topic here too but I was told that when I get my new SIN number, it will appear that I am a new person to Canada so my existing credit will be erased. So basically I will have no credit and will be starting new. Does anyone know if this is true?
Have you had temporary SIN?

As far as i know all your data associated with your old SIN will be transferred to the new one.

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hanisuliman said:
Have you had temporary SIN?

As far as i know all your data associated with your old SIN will be transferred to the new one.
Oh ohat....Yep I have had a SIN associated with my temporary status.

sim24

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2011
Doc's Request.
09-09-2011 (fingerprints)
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
File Transfer...
04-17-2012 to LA
Med's Request
09-09-2011
Med's Done....
09-30-2011
Passport Req..
06-19-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2012
saka101 said:
Thanks saka and sharru :)

ran573

Feb 17, 2012
hey Sim, Sharu n saka, I e-mailed them n got reply:-

Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

e-Cas is for applications processing within Canada only.

Immigration cases being processed in Visa offices outside Canada use a system different from that used to process similar applications in Canada. As a result, the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) does not reflect the status of cases being processed in Buffalo.
Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Buffalo.

Regards,

So, tell me what shud I do at this point. :)

If I'm not wrong, ur applications also in buffalo office but u guys have access to e-cas... right?

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ran573 said:
hey Sim, Sharu n saka, I e-mailed them n got reply:-

Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

e-Cas is for applications processing within Canada only.

Immigration cases being processed in Visa offices outside Canada use a system different from that used to process similar applications in Canada. As a result, the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) does not reflect the status of cases being processed in Buffalo.
Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Buffalo.

Regards,

So, tell me what shud I do at this point. :)

If I'm not wrong, ur applications also in buffalo office but u guys have access to e-cas... right?
This seems like an automated generic reply. So you are saying you have no access to ECAS?