jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
rawlin4bbhh said:
today I send CSE & email about the POF confusion...
bro really have no clue wat u talkin abt.....have u discussed it earlier out here.....can u just throw some light on ur CSE?wat is it abt?

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
k.....no probs.....any doubt I can clarify frm my end?

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
HISTORY OF PER

PER – Positive Eligibility Review
This isn't really an official term but just something some friends on a public forum have coined following the way the applications are handled under the new rules. This is confirmation you will receive from CIO (usually by email unless you did not specify an email address, in which case it will be a letter by regular post) that your final eligibility review has been positive, and that your application is being sent to your visa office for further processing.

THE START:(The wordings out here belong to a member from different blog site)"When CIC announced the changes to the immigration process back on June 26th, nobody was sure what it meant for the actual people involved. We assumed it would work almost the same way, and based our expectations on what we had read elsewhere.

Then the surprises came, Credit Cards and Bank Drafts were cashed almost right away, previously everyone thought that meant they were eligible for processing, when in fact under the new system it appears that the money is taken only after a brief glance of your application. Then we had CIC telling anyone who called up that they would have wait a staggering 33 weeks to get an AOR, or to even hear anything for that matter.

Everyone was beginning to feel rather disenfranchised, when suddenly, quite possibly the biggest shock of all arrived. Several forum members over at CanadaVisa got a letter from CIO telling them they had passed what seemed like a very thorough eligibility test. This quickly became known as the PER, short for “Positive Eligibility Review”. Not only had CIO seemingly scrapped the AOR, but they were doing a lot of the work the Visa Offices used to do. As time went on it became apparent that they were calculating points and assessing the authenticity of letters, and with this came the the PER‘s ugly cousin, the NER. The NER was a letter I was unfortunate enough to receive.

UNFAIR NER
The thing about the NER was that it was, in my case, completely unjustified:
•Although you have indicated that you have Arranged Employment, there is insufficient evidence on file that your employment offer is supported by a Human Resources Development Canada (HRSDC)/Service Canada confirmation letter.

Naturally I was rather furious. I had provided a Temporary Work Permit and a letter from my employer confirming that upon getting Permanent Residence I would be given a permanent position. Nevertheless, they continued on with their negative assessment, seemingly bouncing me down to a FSW Category 1 case:
•As well, you have indicated that you have work experience in an occupation with the following NOC code: 2174 – INTERACTIVE MEDIA DEVELOPER. This NOC code does not correspond to any of the NOC codes specified in the Instructions.
•Since you did not provide evidence that you have work experience in the listed occupations, you do not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions and your application is not eligible for processing.

Angry with this failure to properly assess my application I figured out my options for contacting them. It seemed like there were only two ways:
1.Sending an email to FSW-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca
2.Calling the CIC Call Centre on 1-888-242‑2100

It quickly became apparent after sending the message that the first was a waste of time, with the auto response informing me I would have to wait 20 days before hearing anything! So I moved onto option 2.

The lady who I spoke to was very nice and tried her best to be helpful. I explained to her what happened and she opened up my file. After we had gone through everything she essentially told me that yes, CIO had made a mistake, but unfortunately, they can't do anything about it.

This, to use a north american expression, makes the call centre about as useful as a solar-powered flashlight. They simply have no authority to do anything about failed applications. Their advice was that I must simply wait for everything to come back, and post it off again with a note.

I was not going to accept that.

The Solution

The solution I recommend to anyone like myself, who has received an unfair NER are following steps, based on an idea that popped into my head after putting the phone down on CIC. In the original NER email is a fax number for address changes “only”. Could this be the secret way to send CIO some top priority information?

Address changes should be faxed to (902) 270-3561 . PLEASE NOTE THIS FAX IS ONLY FOR ADDRESS CHANGES.

Put together a clear and concise one-page fax

The Result

After sending the fax, I got a response from them the following day. It was the original email with this one line added to the top:

Please disregard letter dated 08/DEC/2010. You will be notified shortly with an updated decision. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

As you can see, this method produces good results and got CIO to take another look! On the following Monday I received the updated decision: waiting for me in my email inbox was my PER.

An important point worth noting that I believe the fax line is a one-way street, that is, CIO will never admit to getting a fax, or reply to a fax, because they do not want people using it the way I describe. It should only ever be used in absolute emergencies, and in cases where it is clear they have made a mistake."

rawlin4bbhh

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you r right Jaggy about the above info... I read the same a couple of months before from the following link

anyone want more information then please visit at

http://get2canada.wordpress.com/how-to-deal-with-unfair-ner/

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
jaggy999 said:
HISTORY OF PER

PER – Positive Eligibility Review
This isn't really an official term but just something some friends on a public forum have coined following the way the applications are handled under the new rules. This is confirmation you will receive from CIO (usually by email unless you did not specify an email address, in which case it will be a letter by regular post) that your final eligibility review has been positive, and that your application is being sent to your visa office for further processing.

THE START:(The wordings out here belong to a member from different blog site)"When CIC announced the changes to the immigration process back on June 26th, nobody was sure what it meant for the actual people involved. We assumed it would work almost the same way, and based our expectations on what we had read elsewhere.

Then the surprises came, Credit Cards and Bank Drafts were cashed almost right away, previously everyone thought that meant they were eligible for processing, when in fact under the new system it appears that the money is taken only after a brief glance of your application. Then we had CIC telling anyone who called up that they would have wait a staggering 33 weeks to get an AOR, or to even hear anything for that matter.

Everyone was beginning to feel rather disenfranchised, when suddenly, quite possibly the biggest shock of all arrived. Several forum members over at CanadaVisa got a letter from CIO telling them they had passed what seemed like a very thorough eligibility test. This quickly became known as the PER, short for “Positive Eligibility Review”. Not only had CIO seemingly scrapped the AOR, but they were doing a lot of the work the Visa Offices used to do. As time went on it became apparent that they were calculating points and assessing the authenticity of letters, and with this came the the PER‘s ugly cousin, the NER. The NER was a letter I was unfortunate enough to receive.

UNFAIR NER
The thing about the NER was that it was, in my case, completely unjustified:
•Although you have indicated that you have Arranged Employment, there is insufficient evidence on file that your employment offer is supported by a Human Resources Development Canada (HRSDC)/Service Canada confirmation letter.

Naturally I was rather furious. I had provided a Temporary Work Permit and a letter from my employer confirming that upon getting Permanent Residence I would be given a permanent position. Nevertheless, they continued on with their negative assessment, seemingly bouncing me down to a FSW Category 1 case:
•As well, you have indicated that you have work experience in an occupation with the following NOC code: 2174 – INTERACTIVE MEDIA DEVELOPER. This NOC code does not correspond to any of the NOC codes specified in the Instructions.
•Since you did not provide evidence that you have work experience in the listed occupations, you do not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions and your application is not eligible for processing.

Angry with this failure to properly assess my application I figured out my options for contacting them. It seemed like there were only two ways:
1.Sending an email to FSW-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca
2.Calling the CIC Call Centre on 1-888-242‑2100

It quickly became apparent after sending the message that the first was a waste of time, with the auto response informing me I would have to wait 20 days before hearing anything! So I moved onto option 2.

The lady who I spoke to was very nice and tried her best to be helpful. I explained to her what happened and she opened up my file. After we had gone through everything she essentially told me that yes, CIO had made a mistake, but unfortunately, they can't do anything about it.

This, to use a north american expression, makes the call centre about as useful as a solar-powered flashlight. They simply have no authority to do anything about failed applications. Their advice was that I must simply wait for everything to come back, and post it off again with a note.

I was not going to accept that.

The Solution

The solution I recommend to anyone like myself, who has received an unfair NER are following steps, based on an idea that popped into my head after putting the phone down on CIC. In the original NER email is a fax number for address changes “only”. Could this be the secret way to send CIO some top priority information?

Address changes should be faxed to (902) 270-3561 . PLEASE NOTE THIS FAX IS ONLY FOR ADDRESS CHANGES.

Put together a clear and concise one-page fax

The Result

After sending the fax, I got a response from them the following day. It was the original email with this one line added to the top:

Please disregard letter dated 08/DEC/2010. You will be notified shortly with an updated decision. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

As you can see, this method produces good results and got CIO to take another look! On the following Monday I received the updated decision: waiting for me in my email inbox was my PER.

An important point worth noting that I believe the fax line is a one-way street, that is, CIO will never admit to getting a fax, or reply to a fax, because they do not want people using it the way I describe. It should only ever be used in absolute emergencies, and in cases where it is clear they have made a mistake."
Good one.

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
This is a CSI of an NDVO applicant who applied in 2010
I know this is for a 2010 applicant, but it clearly mentions that we should not provide any information until asked by VO. The mistakes some of us has committed while sending our files now cannot be changed. But in the meanwhile don't get stressed by providin new info to the VO, they have not even asked for.

You are only confusin the visa officer in this way and messing ur case up.......NDVO is much more lenient nowadays and they give u a chance to reply back so chill and live happily :)

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

An Acknowledgement of Receipt letter was sent to the applicant after a file was created for the applicant in our office. Please note that processing has already begun on this application and it is currently awaiting further review.

Unless we have specifically asked the applicant to do so, he is not required to submit any additional documents at this time which are not listed in the Document Checklist (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf). Please note that our office will contact the applicant to provide the additional supporting documentation if it is required for the further assessment of the application, including medical examination instructions.

Processing of this application has already begun. However finalization may not occur until the end of 2012/or after 2012.
Unfortunately, it will take longer to process federal skilled worker applications submitted under the first set of instructions (between 27 February 2008 and 25 June 2010) than originally projected. During this time, the department received applications for more than 425,000 people, and 144,000 of these have not yet received a decision as of January 1, 2012. This number represents more than twice the number of projected admissions under the federal skilled worker program in 2011.

Also, please note that if the applicant wishes to withdraw the application, the applicant is not eligible for a refund of the processing fees at this stage as processing of the file has begun.

Applications in the Skilled Worker category are processed in order of receipt. The application is being processed in accordance with its place in the queue, based on the date on which the application and fee payment were received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. The applicant is not required send any documents in support of the application at this time. Since the application is still within normal processing times, we are not able to provide any status updates. When we require additional documents, information or medical examination results, we will send a request using the contact information we have. That request will list all documents required to continue processing the application.

Until we contact the applicant, the only information the applicant is required to provide us in order to update the application is:

- Change of address or contact information, including email address
- Change in family composition
- Request to withdraw the application
- Submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Social Development Canada
- Change to authorized representation

Processing times to finalization may vary depending on the number of new applications received and the individual complexity of each application. Applicants can check the status of their case on the CIC website by clicking on Client Application Status. For actual processing times of permanent resident applications in New Delhi for the last 12 months, please click here. Applicants may also refer to our website, www.india.gc.ca, for more information about processing times.

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
jaggy999 said:
This is a CSI of an NDVO applicant who applied in 2010
I know this is for a 2010 applicant, but it clearly mentions that we should not provide any information until asked by VO. The mistakes some of us has committed while sending our files now cannot be changed. But in the meanwhile don't get stressed by providin new info to the VO, they have not even asked for.

You are only confusin the visa officer in this way and messing ur case up.......NDVO is much more lenient nowadays and they give u a chance to reply back so chill and live happily :)

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

An Acknowledgement of Receipt letter was sent to the applicant after a file was created for the applicant in our office. Please note that processing has already begun on this application and it is currently awaiting further review.

Unless we have specifically asked the applicant to do so, he is not required to submit any additional documents at this time which are not listed in the Document Checklist (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf). Please note that our office will contact the applicant to provide the additional supporting documentation if it is required for the further assessment of the application, including medical examination instructions.

Processing of this application has already begun. However finalization may not occur until the end of 2012/or after 2012.
Unfortunately, it will take longer to process federal skilled worker applications submitted under the first set of instructions (between 27 February 2008 and 25 June 2010) than originally projected. During this time, the department received applications for more than 425,000 people, and 144,000 of these have not yet received a decision as of January 1, 2012. This number represents more than twice the number of projected admissions under the federal skilled worker program in 2011.

Also, please note that if the applicant wishes to withdraw the application, the applicant is not eligible for a refund of the processing fees at this stage as processing of the file has begun.

Applications in the Skilled Worker category are processed in order of receipt. The application is being processed in accordance with its place in the queue, based on the date on which the application and fee payment were received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. The applicant is not required send any documents in support of the application at this time. Since the application is still within normal processing times, we are not able to provide any status updates. When we require additional documents, information or medical examination results, we will send a request using the contact information we have. That request will list all documents required to continue processing the application.

Until we contact the applicant, the only information the applicant is required to provide us in order to update the application is:

- Change of address or contact information, including email address
- Change in family composition
- Request to withdraw the application
- Submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Social Development Canada
- Change to authorized representation

Processing times to finalization may vary depending on the number of new applications received and the individual complexity of each application. Applicants can check the status of their case on the CIC website by clicking on Client Application Status. For actual processing times of permanent resident applications in New Delhi for the last 12 months, please click here. Applicants may also refer to our website, www.india.gc.ca, for more information about processing times.
Cant stop giving you +1 for your update.
+1 from my side
Warm regards

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
rawlin4bbhh said:
you r right Jaggy about the above info... I read the same a couple of months before from the following link

anyone want more information then please visit at

http://get2canada.wordpress.com/how-to-deal-with-unfair-ner/
+1 to you also dear to keep on forum in free flow and your updates
warm regards,

ladhar25

Sep 6, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Nov 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2012
Today called my DMP for appointment but he is on leave till 29 May.
So everything will be done after that.
Waiting period increase for some days..............

babbu.mann

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2012
Brampton-ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-2011
LANDED..........
November 2012
Dear ladhar

DMP always try to cover their back!! He told u that there won't be a issue and on the
other hand he informed to CHC about your TB history!! Now DMP will charge u again for
medical and that can delay the processing!! He could do your TB check and inform CIC
that you are fine with it!! Ask him when u meet him for re-medical!!

I wish u all best of luck for smooth and quick processing!!

ਰੱਬ ਰਾਖਾ

babbu

ladhar25 said:
In my first medical i told DMP about my past TB treatment.
He told u have no issue in PR , NDVO just send u remedial go through it and everything will go fine.

rawlin4bbhh

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No issues Ladhar.... Best of luck... & Cheers buddy...
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

ladhar25 said:
Today called my DMP for appointment but he is on leave till 29 May.
So everything will be done after that.
Waiting period increase for some days..............